Re: 07-03-17 Till I am out of the way

Post by DrAngryEd »

FREEDOM!
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Well, DiDi may be in more of a mood to play a heel now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I was going to say that it'd take more than this to make DiDi act nasty, or that if she did, her opponents would be continually having to remind her about kayfabe to avoid having their skulls crushed like ripe melons. But actually, being persuaded to act nasty might be good for DiDi. She's so obsessed with acting like That Perfect Girl that it can't be healthy - and she assumes that acting like That Perfect Girl means that she is perfect, which she isn't.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

kind of adding to the list of people Kiley has dumped

she kind of dumped Peggy ( and Gary and Matt ) during the foursome party
ImageImage

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I expect that Maura and Tess will try to convince her to date a fellow wrestler to try and get her together with Lynn, only for her to end up with Roxie.

someone

Post by someone »

Spidrift wrote:Mmm. That's what I don't get about the psychology of shipping. I mean, "X and Y would be cute together, and they really work together as a couple" - sure, I've been there despite myself. It's none of my business if the creator disagrees - actually, it probably makes the story more interesting - but whatever, I know the impulse. But "X and Y can't stand each other, have incompatible sexual orientations, and have about as much chemistry as a roll-top desk and a tractor wheel, so therefore I will hate the world if they aren't married with children within three episodes"? I mean, what's wrong with these people?
Shipping isn't about whether people would work as a couple. It's about whether it would be hot (in the shipper's opinion, of course) if they were boning. That's all there is to it.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Well thank god that is over. I'm certain Kiley was one more orgasm away from getting a prosthetic hand.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I think Roxie would be better for her, if only because she isn't starry eyed about DiDi. Admittedly, this comes close to Spidrift's valid point about shipping two characters who don't like each other.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

Roxie would have to be queen of the tsundere for that pairing to work.
Not saying that she isn't mind you...

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Kiley crossed paths with Gary and Zii. She then says "Zii, go console Didi. Gary, come with me, I need a Swirly." :))

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

someone wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Mmm. That's what I don't get about the psychology of shipping. I mean, "X and Y would be cute together, and they really work together as a couple" - sure, I've been there despite myself. It's none of my business if the creator disagrees - actually, it probably makes the story more interesting - but whatever, I know the impulse. But "X and Y can't stand each other, have incompatible sexual orientations, and have about as much chemistry as a roll-top desk and a tractor wheel, so therefore I will hate the world if they aren't married with children within three episodes"? I mean, what's wrong with these people?
Shipping isn't about whether people would work as a couple. It's about whether it would be hot (in the shipper's opinion, of course) if they were boning. That's all there is to it.
I suddenly feel bad about saying I 'Ship' two characters when I consider them a favorite and (at the time) reasonable pairing.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

as well you should
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:I expect that Maura and Tess will try to convince her to date a fellow wrestler to try and get her together with Lynn, only for her to end up with Roxie.
Considering that Lynn would be the rebound fling then this might just be possible. It also helps that Roxie is gay or bisexual, but not drawn to DiDi like all the previous women and men. However, there needs to be something to bond them because even though Roxie doesn't see her as a sex object without some interest this will go nowhere.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

Even if Roxie were to become interested somehow she'd have to be willing and able to do those things Kiley mentioned in the first two panels.
That doesn't really seem very 'her'
I'm not actually sure if any character we've met to this point has shown the potential to be that person.

Didi's journey for true l'amour begins now, should be a fun trip.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I've not sensed any spark between DiDi and Roxie. Roxie never hated the Amazon, which would have been a start - hate can turn to love and all that Gothic BS - she just found her incredibly irritating. And now she respects her a little more and has got her measure. And DiDi's view of Roxie seemed to be more "cute kid sister".

So now I don't see that relationship going anywhere, by my guess.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.