25-02-17 Capitalizing on the distraction

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Cortez

Re: 25-02-17 Capitalizing on the distraction

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:, but now it's slumped back into more bloody redneck-theatre-with-boring-expies. .
Uh, this Canadian wrestling, not southern style wrestling. Please make your insults geographically correct.
whether one of the writing team is so obsessed with pro wrestling that they think writing imaginary pro wrestling is somehow cool.
Having watched Ultimate Muscle and now the Tiger Mask Anime, the answer is yes. Imaginary wrestling pro wrestling is cool.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

True_Avery wrote:Now the threads manage to limit all of that to around 3 pages. Progress.
Progress from 10 pages of passionate debate to average 2,3 pages of hate spam?
"bloody redneck-theatre-with-boring-expies"
"writing team obsessed with pro wrestling"
Really?
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Lynn is clever. She's managed to turn Gwynn into her captive audience. :)

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Vitocap wrote:
True_Avery wrote:Now the threads manage to limit all of that to around 3 pages. Progress.
Progress from 10 pages of passionate debate to average 2,3 pages of hate spam?
"bloody redneck-theatre-with-boring-expies"
"writing team obsessed with pro wrestling"
Really?
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the constant bloated hate erections that people feel the need to furiously beat off to ejaculate their teenage levels of unrelenting disappointment all over whatever printed out storyline they achingly want to be catered to their taste, fetishes, views of manhood, and personal fanhood of concussion ballet. Its not the most fun read, and agree it could use more socks.

But, I would argue this is still better than the bitter flamewars that caused the optimistic posters to bail on this forum, and the truly bad to be shown the door out to whatever sunshine they deemed to ruin next. No, I am not a huge fan of the forum right now and none of you will understand what me and worldshaking00 share together - the difference between now, and 10 page forum days, is I post now and I aggressively lurked then because I disliked most of the forum.

So, in conclusion, ya really.
Last edited by True_Avery on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

Switching gears for a second.

Am I the only one imagining a role reversal for the night sisters as opposed to their EC counterparts. Like Mikayla's the naive one and Lina is the domineering one?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

True_Avery wrote:...and none of you will understand what me and worldshaking00 share together...

Back at you T_A. Love & friendship conquers all.

I am sure there's a few things T_A and I don't agree on concerning what we deem quality entertainment for our internet dollar. I was a lurker here for a long time, so I think that is something that we share as well. I'm sure I've squawked or proselytized on the forum and she thought to herself "wtf". But ultimately we have been captivated by the overall humor and story the characters are in. If we get vociferous, it is because we care. And while we as a general readership might dislike one thing or another, or how a certain story arc or character might be progressing, the point is WE aren't writing/drawing/creating it. If we wanted the story to go our way 100% of the time and have no surprises, we'd be writing it ourselves. Sit back and enjoy. Or hold your tongue and wait for a scene change. Or squawk even. We all read the same comic, and take away what we want from it. It's not my job to tidy up the mess (thanks @Don); I just try to respectfully bring my own commentary to what I read.

And as a final thought, borrowing the thread name so I can blurt this, thanks Giz and Dave for the web comic. I am damn sure you don't get enough of that.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Cortez wrote: Uh, this Canadian wrestling, not southern style wrestling. Please make your insults geographically correct.

Having watched Ultimate Muscle and now the Tiger Mask Anime, the answer is yes. Imaginary wrestling pro wrestling is cool.
Of course there are no rednecks in Canada. *cough*Red Green*cough* :p

RE: wrestling manga: agreed, to a degree. Wrestling isn't generally my cup of tea, but really; how much difference is there between pro wrestling storylines and many fighting anime or superhero comics/movies?

Oh, I'm gonna get flamed on this. X_X

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Wrestling angles are stories. If they're entertaining in the real world, it's because of the flash and live-action melodrama making them work as fiction. Making a comic -a fiction - about an imaginary work of fiction is just pointless recursion. Superhero fights are serious business within the setting; a wrestling angle doesn't mean anything.

I'm sure that someone could do a decent story about the people behind the theatre - I gather that Mickey Rourke did exactly that a few years back, and at least the stuff here about Lynn angsting about her love life is a bit of real character drama - but all the nonsense with Dio and the Night Sisters is just dumb.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:Wrestling angles are stories. If they're entertaining in the real world, it's because of the flash and live-action melodrama making them work as fiction. Making a comic -a fiction - about an imaginary work of fiction is just pointless recursion.
There have been several Comics, Manga and Anime based on wrestling that have been really good.

Though i guess one could argue the Kinnikuman stuff kinda counts as Super Heroes.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

BLEACH is superhero wrestlers. So is any Dragonball title after the original.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

IN THIS THREAD, THIS FORUM HAS REACHED A NEW PILLOW!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)