Volume 7 Kickstarter Bonus PDF (The Clams Before the Storm)

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Volume 7 Kickstarter Bonus PDF (The Clams Before the Storm)

Post by Spidrift »

The volume 7 gender-inversion bonus PDF is now out. I'll spoiler comments for people who haven't read it yet.

I wasn't overboard about the previous gender-inversion bonus strips, as the gag always seems a bit forced to no good purpose, but this time round we get a story, which doesn't cleave implausibly to the original comic plot, so it just about works. It's also an Ma3 story full of jokes about attractive naked people having sex (or not), so maybe I'm easily pleased; we don't get many of those classics these days.

It still suffers a bit from the basic problem that a young woman with Geri/Gary's looks would be quite unlikely to have problems getting laid (her problem would much more likely be being exploited by scumbag men), but at least this time it acknowledges the fact and makes a joke of it.

And in fact, now, despite myself, I find myself imagining a gender-inverted Sticky Dilla Buns, in which Ambrose's skinny-nerdy brother Rudy gains confidence from cross-dressing as well-padded surly punk chick Ruby, and cute geek Ramon reminisces about being skillfully but amiably seduced by that Korean girl from the comics shop...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

X3N0-Life-Form

Re: Volume 7 Kickstarter Bonus PDF (The Clams Before the Sto

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Spidrift wrote:

And in fact, now, despite myself, I find myself imagining a gender-inverted Sticky Dilla Buns, in which Ambrose's skinny-nerdy brother Rudy gains confidence from cross-dressing as well-padded surly punk chick Ruby, and cute geek Ramon reminisces about being skillfully but amiably seduced by that Korean girl from the comics shop...
That does sound interesting. :)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Even though it ends in frustration for Geri she could get into a nice friends with benefit situation with Pete, a sexually frustrated nurse in the next installment

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Judging by that last panel, her problem is likely to go away - or rather, change - quite soon. Much as Gary's did, of course.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Perhaps a birthday surprise hosted by Ambrose?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I was figuring Peggy would become Pat (as in a pat on the butt). And he would have a serious anal fixation. But, I did enjoy the gender-bent comic... especially where bent Yuki rips off Geri's panties so flagrantly... reminded me of Otto from A Fish Called Wanda.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that this comic proves that these gender-inversion exercises work best when the writers get away from trying to find an equivalent to every little plot detail in the original comic. Sure, there are echoes of a lot of stuff - but also large changes. So the story just about makes sense on its own terms, instead of being a sterile list of changed names.

Plus, hey, topless and libidinous Geri. In plaits and glasses. I'm not going to complain about that.
---------
Spidrift

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Incidentally, for people who didn't back the Kickstarter - this story is also available to buy, for a whole one dollar. Go to https://gumroad.com/pixietrixcomix and scroll down to the bottom.
---------
Spidrift

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Wait, out of curiosity, how was BoYuki's... 'condition' translated?
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Fear of lady bits, hence the title. No violence was directed towards the lady in question however, merely towards her possessions that lay nearby.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Exactly. I'd recommend picking up the PDF, incidentally; a dollar is only a dollar.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:The volume 7 gender-inversion bonus PDF is now out. I'll spoiler comments for people who haven't read it yet.

I wasn't overboard about the previous gender-inversion bonus strips, as the gag always seems a bit forced to no good purpose, but this time round we get a story, which doesn't cleave implausibly to the original comic plot, so it just about works. It's also an Ma3 story full of jokes about attractive naked people having sex (or not), so maybe I'm easily pleased; we don't get many of those classics these days.

It still suffers a bit from the basic problem that a young woman with Geri/Gary's looks would be quite unlikely to have problems getting laid (her problem would much more likely be being exploited by scumbag men), but at least this time it acknowledges the fact and makes a joke of it.

And Angel will still be Angel.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You thought this post was about the bonus story, but it was me, Dio!

I'm so sorry...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)