Site Admin

24-02-17 My queens

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/my_queens

Sorry for the delay!

lordoffiling

Re: 24-02-17 My queens

Post by lordoffiling »

I haven't followed wrestling since I was a kid in the 80s. My heroes back then were Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, and The Macho Man Randy Savage.

Have wrestling storylines *really* gotten this over-the-top?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

I normally don't complain but... what does this have to do with anything? Will this lead to some plot centric event? Or this is you know... watching a show on your TV where people watch a show on TV. Or better yet. People watching a show on TV where THEY are watching themselves watching the TV.

Because, seriously, this wrestling on TV plot evokes same feelings in me as this image does:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, we've kind of circled back to the bloomin' pointless wrestling plot again, haven't we? I mean, we get it, Dio is eye candy for all the girls - but we got all that last time, when we also got the hint of Kiley being heterosexually frustrated and so on.

Oh well, I imagine that we'll get round to the interesting stuff with Zii and Gary eventually. 2019, maybe?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

lordoffiling wrote:I haven't followed wrestling since I was a kid in the 80s. My heroes back then were Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, and The Macho Man Randy Savage.

I'm pretty sure the wrestling storylines were far more over the top than this or anything modern day wrestling.

Except maybe the Broken Matt stuff.

brasca

Post by brasca »

lordoffiling wrote:I haven't followed wrestling since I was a kid in the 80s. My heroes back then were Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, and The Macho Man Randy Savage.

I've glimpsed enough American pro wrestling to say yes, but I didn't think it was so popular in Canada that they'd have that kind of budget to work with and this is a women's league.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Wrestling has always been very popular in Canada though, some of the most famous ones are Canadian.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

This is some broken matt hardy, lucha underground levels of storytelling. So yes, it exists. Infact, on TNA there was a bisexual witch who put another female wrestler under a spell to keep her as her thrall.

And yes, Canada fucking loves wrestling. Not everyone, but a huge chunk of wrestlers come from there -- Chicago/Philadelphia are the only two American cities that get as loud as Canada
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

What the heck am I watching, and should this count as abuse of ability and infringement of Dio's personal freedom... wait, that's just the kayfabe thing
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

I love the wrestling! I follow around 20 or so webcomics during a full week, and this is pretty interesting to me. Turns Didi's plotline from being only related to sex, to being a fully fledged PERSON with actual interests. Which is what Kiley is pushing for right now!

It's also not directly on the nose with sex and such, DC has kinda gotten that in the bag now somehow?? So I don't mind that there aren't as many 'sexy' plotlines happening either. [Plus I remember when a few forum members got upset that there was "so much sex, not any plot"]

The Zii Gary plotline...literally barely anything is happening at all, especially if you consider just the plotline of those two. And there are huge breaks between it being brought back up so I'm constantly like "Oh yeah...where were we with that again-oh wait nope it's gone *shrugs* Anyway, back to more fleshed out plots.."

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...how has in-universe Giz not sued yet?

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Could have been delayed further...just gonna assume Giz and Dave's personal lives are pretty full atm, because this plotline is as overused as a crotch towel.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I find it interesting that in Tess's daydream, Maura is there too, with Dio. BFFs is one thing; potential FFM threesome is another. It makes one wonder if they share everything (but aren't lesbian), or if Tess really just wants a nice massage with her bestie. It would be an interesting new kink to throw in, making the pair a little different than Matt. The other option is that both of them share a hive mind... but probably they are just joined at the hip.

Also, where the heck is Kiley? Shouldn't she be jumping around like a 'hopped-up-on-Red Bull' chihuahua to get more Dio eye candy from the TV? Or, even having her be an observer in the background of panel 3 facepalming the magic spell Dio is 'under' would suffice. I guess it would have made the panel cluttered, but it just seems really odd to drop the last strip's joke's punchline like a hot potato when the strips are running chronologically concurrent.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

TwoWayStar wrote:I love the wrestling! I follow around 20 or so webcomics during a full week, and this is pretty interesting to me. Turns Didi's plotline from being only related to sex, to being a fully fledged PERSON with actual interests. Which is what Kiley is pushing for right now!
The previous strip did that. This one ... doesn't.
It's also not directly on the nose with sex and such, DC has kinda gotten that in the bag now somehow?? So I don't mind that there aren't as many 'sexy' plotlines happening either. [Plus I remember when a few forum members got upset that there was "so much sex, not any plot"]
I'd have said that the great virtue of Ma3 was that it recognised that sex was a big part of many people's lives (getting it, not getting it, getting it wrong...), and hence, by including sex freely and openly in stories, it made for good, strong plot...
The Zii Gary plotline...literally barely anything is happening at all, especially if you consider just the plotline of those two. And there are huge breaks between it being brought back up so I'm constantly like "Oh yeah...where were we with that again-oh wait nope it's gone *shrugs* Anyway, back to more fleshed out plots.."
Stuff is happening too slowly, with too little fleshing-out, in that storyline because we keep jumping back to the fucking wrestling just as things are getting interesting.

Imagine that, between accidental flirtations, Zii and Gary kept talking about the coffee they were drinking. (Why not? Some people take coffee very seriously. I certainly find conversations about coffee a lot more interesting than I find conversations about wrestling.) Then imagine that the Zii/Gary scene was dragged out to three times the length because of digressions about bean acidity and roast timings...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LonestarF1

Post by LonestarF1 »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...how has in-universe Giz not sued yet?
Licensing is not unheard of. There was a character named Gangrel in the 90s that was actively licensed from the White Wolf series.

Maybe in-universe Giz is making mad bank off this company licensing her shit!