21-02-17 Station break

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

brasca

Re: 21-02-17 Station break

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:I think that Kiley is an Ma3 character who therefore can't keep her mind off sex for a minute, at least when competently provoked.

(It's a routine gag. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing we haven't seen before. The only oddity may be that DiDi is apparently affected, given how jaundiced she is about men. But perhaps the fact that she's responding to this will help Kiley convince her that she isn't as lesbian as all that.)
DiDi doesn't seem to have sex on her mind. She's fixated on the wrestling match. The fact that it's being interrupted by some eye candy stunt Ana Conda pulled when she was starting to lose is just coincidental. Kiley has been with three women since she ended therapy with Matt, but I think it's clear her bicuriosity is little to non existent. She's not seeing Matt's face in place of Dio, but I think some reconciliation isn't too far away.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

People seem to forget that there are more than three points on the straight/bi/homosexual scale. While DiDi might be attracted to Dio's beauty (although I think she's more interested in the drama of the match than the beefcake), that doesn't mean that she's going to be happy with a male romantic or sexual partner. A person can fantasize about one gender and yet still be far more interested in the other.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, I was overestimating DiDi's response to Dio as compared to her response to the wrestling. He hasn't exactly driven her away from the screen, though. And I don't think she knows herself what she's really interested in.

As to Dio's appeal ... He's definitely not my type, but he does have a certain pretty-boy quality that ought logically to be more comprehensible to straight men than the butch hunk type. Except that a lot of us find that pretty-boy type more annoying than anything, especially when it's layered with preening vanity (which surely isn't a good look on anyone of any gender).

But really - symmetrical features, clear complexion... Male and female aesthetics aren't that different. (They're probably more similar than sexual aesthetics over different historical periods. No thanks from me for anaemic medieval princesses, or white lead makeup, or painted-on eyebrows.) It's all just variations on a theme, really.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Lokitsu wrote:People seem to forget that there are more than three points on the straight/bi/homosexual scale. While DiDi might be attracted to Dio's beauty (although I think she's more interested in the drama of the match than the beefcake), that doesn't mean that she's going to be happy with a male romantic or sexual partner. A person can fantasize about one gender and yet still be far more interested in the other.
This is actually quite complicated at the moment regarding DiDis sexual orintation since at the start of the series she was 100% straight with Zoe having Fantasies about her. She only really started thinking she was a lesbian after Kiley gave her an orgasm via sexual touching/therapy to help her with her issues one of which was that she had never had an orgasm with any of her lovers. Now weather this means she was always Bi/Homosexual is up for debate at the moment since she has only had Kiley and never really explored her other options such as Zoe or her friend Sandra(albeit in a more serious light since her first attempt at it made them realize they were two straight women with boundary issues IIRC the line at the end of that arc correctly) or any other woman we have seen in series just because Kiley could get her off which no man was able to before since it might have been the method or stamina of each male she was with. Would really like to see how Gary's tounge would work on her though. Although given what happened to Kiley's hand after her first attempt........so in conclusion this is a mess of a subject at the moment.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

I believe it was Spidrift who came up with the term 'solipsexual', but I may be wrong (solipsism + sexual, essentially).
Didi is attracted to whomever she believes can get her off at the moment.
Remember Best-At-Sex Gary and her reaction to him drinking milk?
And that was GARY.
Remember Matt coming close to giving her an orgasm through penetration?
She threw herself on him so hard he couldn't move.

And now, Kiley. Didi appears to have strong second-wave sexual attraction, kind of like what some demisexual seems to describe, and may actually be androsexual-leaning or completely bi in practice. I mean, Kiley is a certain kind of cute but she is hardly the physical embodiment of feminine sexual characteristics in any way.

Not to mention the stories of people who swung one way until they met a particular person.
True_Avery wrote:Me and my gay room mate have this conversation a lot, where we'll be playing something or watching something and a man/woman couple appears and its like looking at cryptology in action. Neither of us hate the opposite sex, and we can appreciate what works, but damn do we both get heteronormative whiplash every now and then. I -think- I can relate to why men find women sexy, but hand on heart I have such a hard time seeing how it works from the other side

Like, the idea of a man going down on a woman is both hilarious and fucking bizarre. My brain immediately asks, why the fuck are either of you doing that? He has a beard. That's weird. Fucking reality whiplash.

In short, Mamoru Chiba is the goddamn worst
Must be something like the teenage realization of "OH GOD MOM AND DAD HAD SEX, EWWW."

As for the last part, it truly explains why some straight couples expect shaving of certain body areas, doesn't it?
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking it's just Kiley feeling pent up since she probably hasn't been with a man since she broke up with Matt. But will Kiley reconcile with Matt? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll have to keep reading to find out won't we? Now can we please get back to the UST between Gary and Zii?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I agree. I think Kiley's hetero-side has been starved for a while. She's been diddling with Didi & having therapy sessions between Didi, Sonya, and Yuki's boobs for a long time. She probably hasn't even noticed she's been manless, due to Didi taking her at every opportunity.

I don't think she'll reconcile with Matt, barring something uncharacteristic from him. Depending on how hot & bothered she is, she has better odds of taking up watching wrestling on TV or in stadium just to get a look at Dio.

If Kiley get think clearly, she might be able to use this as another tool in her arsenal to get away from Didi.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

EvilSnack wrote:I get that he is drawn like Adonis, but I still don't understand the fascination. I guess I'm straight.
Hmmm... I guess I'm not as straight as I thought. :x

:p
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Spidrift wrote:But really - symmetrical features, clear complexion... Male and female aesthetics aren't that different. (They're probably more similar than sexual aesthetics over different historical periods. No thanks from me for anaemic medieval princesses, or white lead makeup, or painted-on eyebrows.) It's all just variations on a theme, really.
I can get behind that. I may not find men attractive, but I do find really masculine women to be really good looking -- so I think I can definitely understand handsome

Brains are weird
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Maechris wrote:I believe it was Spidrift who came up with the term 'solipsexual', but I may be wrong (solipsism + sexual, essentially).
I think that I suggested it, and then discovered it was an existing word that meant something different. (Someone who is only sexually attracted to themself. One thing we don't have in Ma3. Though one wonders about Matt...)
worldshaking00 wrote:I don't think she'll reconcile with Matt, barring something uncharacteristic from him.
I think they're a final pair, actually. They just need to decide to roll with what they've got, and settle on an open relationship. Matt can have someone who puts up with his crap and continually pushes him to bea better person, while Kiley can have a gorgeous, skilled lover and a case study in early 21st century pansexuality.

Matt will probably end up as the key figure in the series of pop-psych mass-market case studies she's going to write.
Depending on how hot & bothered she is, she has better odds of taking up watching wrestling on TV or in stadium just to get a look at Dio.
I think that Kiley is too cerebral to put up with the idiot plots in wrestling. She can use this difference to explain to DiDi why they're Too Different, actually.
If Kiley get think clearly, she might be able to use this as another tool in her arsenal to get away from Didi.
If there's one thing we've seen with Kiley, it's an ability to start thinking clearly when all else fails.
Raamyah wrote:Hmmm... I guess I'm not as straight as I thought.
If Og not understand what females like to do bang-bang with, how Og know which other males to keep away from Og's females?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Spidrift wrote:
TwoWayStar wrote:Actually this brings up...what does she think Kiley is getting from this?? I mean, she's clearly not getting off herself...Does she think Kiley loves her? Like in a relationship way for real? Does she believe Kiley is attracted to her????
DiDi was very taken when Kiley made a romantic speech to her as a hypothetical, and treated it seriously. But mostly, DiDi is really, really crap at empathising with other human beings. Remember her habit of dumping men by text message.

She's not a psychopath - she's ridiculously sentimental sometimes - but she doesn't seem to grasp properly that other people have minds and needs of their own. And because other people tend to be nice to her at every opportunity, she takes that as her natural right.
Mmm, yeah I get it. That and Kiley's sexuality is the one thing really stopping me from shipping the two. They're just...so cute :( I will ship them in my imaginary study where I write fanfiction lmao.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

C'mon people keep writing.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

True_Avery wrote:Me and my gay room mate have this conversation a lot, where we'll be playing something or watching something and a man/woman couple appears and its like looking at cryptology in action.
Of course, when seeing a heterosexual coupling, no matter which way you hang you can always imagine yourself in the place of one of the participants.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I like how Kiley is fanning herself over Dio on the tube. :ymdevil:
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

It's a good strip tease.......but it's not Big Dick Johnson