14-02-17 Your health comes first

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

wiseguy

Re: 14-02-17 Your health comes first

Post by wiseguy »

FlashD81 wrote:Zii still dropping hints... and Gary might have finally picked up on it. I feel that this has turned into the Ma3 equivalent of a slow burn relationship.

Still... there is a chance for this to be interrupted. I don't want this to stop mind you, but it feels like we are due for a random encounter.
Allie anyone? has been 4 years and a few days ( Feb 9th, 2013 )
ImageImage

Waker

Post by Waker »

My guess for the next strip is that while Gary is getting refills, one or both of them is gonna phone a friend about the situation. I'll say Matt seems the likely call. If Gary is the one calling, he'll try to get outside confirmation that Zii's comments are hints that she's interested. Zii would be asking "Am I crazy for thinking of Gary like this?"

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

LarsenSan wrote: Please, explain.
It is a diagram explaining the equation for surface tension (of a liquid), in regards to the direction the conversation is going. Well played T_A! Apparently Gary wasn't at full mast when Zii stuck a peek below the surface... otherwise a Titanic event might have begun.
FlashD81 wrote:I don't want this to stop mind you, but it feels like we are due for a random encounter.
I agree. Even if it is Gary's cell getting a booty call from Peggy or a cam-girl help call from Tracy. That way, he can awkwardly say to Zii he might be testing out his junk. I assume it would be in bad taste to ask Zii for a lift to one of them, if it occurred mind you? Or better yet, Zii might try to inject herself into the sexy shenanigans. That would be interesting. :-?

And I agree. Gary now knows exactly what conversation he is in now. Zii could have volunteered to take his member out for a test drive, you know, to make sure it works. But the conversation did not take that turn. A kiss (read: hurried peck on the cheek), while sweet, is also a little too touchy-feely for how each of them are uncomfortable now. Plus we could infer that they have an hour or so still left to burn before they are clear to come back to the apartment - an eternity of "Ha ha" moments. I feel that karma/the power of the script is going to force these two into having a tête-à-tête no matter how much they want to avoid the topic of sex. One of the cornerstones of the Gary/Zii relationship is her being his wingman. And she seems genuinely interested, if uncharacteristically shy, asking Gary how he liked sex with Yuki.

And for the record, I though Zii's bun/scrunch looked nice on her. Granted, her facial expression isn't flattering or sexy (especially compared to the wonderful artwork we've had of her recently). But I'll take the daydream sequence as a prelude to her shoulder angel/devil imminent appearance. Please Giz? ^:)^
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Oh, just do it already! Then fall in love, get married, and make babies.

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

I wonder if Zii is feeling like she's on her first date again.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

'Death Star sirens blare'

What the hells going on...

oh...

Is the comic ending?

LargoJr

Post by LargoJr »

We were supposed to be here Christmas 3 years ago! *pant*

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Abraxas wrote:'Death Star sirens blare'

oh...

Is the comic ending?
No, please no. Please do not introduce a new character - a young whiny inexperienced punk who thinks he's God's gift, running around with his Daddy's heirloom - and ruin the story. Although if Izzy says she got into playing guitar because of her father, and pulls out her dear-departed dad's bass, I give up.
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Has Zii been getting advice on relationships from Kylie? :-?

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'll be very surprised if Gary and Zii actually do the deed during this current story arc. Oh well, maybe just maybe they'll finally bang sometime next volume. I still don't think they'll be a final pairing though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LargoJr wrote:We were supposed to be here Christmas 3 years ago! *pant*
I fear that the Christmas Future strip is going to be declared non-canonical in the end - the plot seems just to be sliding past that point. Though the themes have shown up in mutated form - Gary taking advice on how to seduce Zii, Gary's butt on the line...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Abraxas wrote:'Death Star sirens blare'

oh...

Is the comic ending?
No, please no. Please do not introduce a new character - a young whiny inexperienced punk who thinks he's God's gift, running around with his Daddy's heirloom - and ruin the story. Although if Izzy says she got into playing guitar because of her father, and pulls out her dear-departed dad's bass, I give up.
What?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

The whiny punk with his daddy's heirloom is Luke Skywalker, who came in sorta late into the Star Wars mythology if you look at the saga as the story of the rise and fall of Anakin. You used the Death Star siren in your sentence, hence me carrying it further with the Star Wars inferences. Izzy is an annoying punk. Bit of a stretch, but meh.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

This current story bit has been the best in a long while! :)

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

worldshaking00 wrote:
LarsenSan wrote: Please, explain.
It is a diagram explaining the equation for surface tension (of a liquid), in regards to the direction the conversation is going. Well played T_A!
Yeeey someone got it

*Throws heart confetti at you*
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!