Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

09-02-17 Nothing is holding you here

Post by Giz »

True_Avery

Re: 09-02-17 Nothing is holding you here

Post by True_Avery »

I will be the lone person in the back of the room saying I like this. When everyone else has keeled over, I will consume them and grow stronger. Yes, that means you reading this.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Love Didi, and the reversal line, like Didi may have won, but Kiley not falling for it.
"Somebody just stake me now"

brasca

Post by brasca »

It helps that Kiley isn't intimidated by butts.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think it's even more important that Kiley has converted this into a structured intellectual exercise. She can win those; she's in her comfort zone, and she's taken DiDi out of hers, so the boob advantage doesn't count for so much now.

I have to admit that I find the wording in the current strips a little odd; there doesn't seem to be anything to prevent DiDi from saying "Oui, I love le wrestling - but I also love you, ma petite Kiley", and dropping Kiley back to square one. In panel 3, Kiley surely should be saying "...you really love wrestling more than me." But whatever, I get the idea of where this is going.

Also, the idea of DiDi as a self-taught lap dancer suddenly makes me want to see Ménage à 3: The Animated Series.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:Also, the idea of DiDi as a self-taught lap dancer suddenly makes me want to see Ménage à 3: The Animated Series.
I second that...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

JayBlaze11

Post by JayBlaze11 »

Spidrift wrote:Also, the idea of DiDi as a self-taught lap dancer suddenly makes me want to see Ménage à 3: The Animated Series.
Or at least Menage à 3: The Animated Lap Dance Scene.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Hell, I'd settle for a looped animated gif of Didi dancing like Holli Would from Cool World, but more is always better of course. I third the motion for a Ma3 animated.

I'd imagine that Kiley doesn't suffer from butt insecurity because she can't directly see hers all the time? Or maybe it's just because of how prevalent front cleavage & top curvature is presented in popular media.

So is Kiley going to draw a parallel with Didi's obsession over wrestling to Didi's obsession over achieving orgasm, and how Didi's infatuation with Kiley is misplaced? I expect her lesson to go in one ear and out the other.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm still thinking that Kiley's experiment will backfire because comedy. And here's hoping that we snap back to Gary and Zii next strip.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

worldshaking00 wrote:
So is Kiley going to draw a parallel with Didi's obsession over wrestling to Didi's obsession over achieving orgasm, and how Didi's infatuation with Kiley is misplaced? I expect her lesson to go in one ear and out the other.
I don't think it had anything to do with the orgasm thing, considering she already achieved that thanks to Kiley. Which the problem now, at least for Kiley.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

we shall see if Didi will resist the "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSee TV urge" or not
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:"...you really love wrestling more than me."
Once saw a cute girl at a festival with a quite girly handbag that sported the statement: I LOVE YOU LESS THAN MOSHING

Which is, I realize, neither here nor there, but it's what I have to say about this strip.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

oh how i wished kiley was...even a twinge bisexual. theres so much possibility to their relationship. Not narrative-wise no, but I don't really care about that. I like Kiley, I like Didi, it amuses me to see their Dance of the Boob versus the Brain (literally!) and it would've been delightful if there were also a real romance. Alas..it isn't...and I shall go about wishing for that kind of relationship to show up elsewhere

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Spidrift wrote:I think it's even more important that Kiley has converted this into a structured intellectual exercise. She can win those; she's in her comfort zone, and she's taken DiDi out of hers, so the boob advantage doesn't count for so much now.

I have to admit that I find the wording in the current strips a little odd; there doesn't seem to be anything to prevent DiDi from saying "Oui, I love le wrestling - but I also love you, ma petite Kiley", and dropping Kiley back to square one. In panel 3, Kiley surely should be saying "...you really love wrestling more than me."
Thing is, Didi's not claiming about a love for wrestling relative to Kiley or whatever. Didi's claiming she's not bothered about wrestling at all. When that would be patently false to a blinddeaf man with numb fingers. And, in this context, THAT is what's getting on Kiley's nerves, that Didi is persisting with such a stupid lie.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True enough, I guess. It's just that telling DiDi she's being stupid feels like shooting fish in a barrel. Persuading her that she's got her priorities scrambled would feel worth doing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.