04-02-17 Apology gift

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 04-02-17 Apology gift

Post by Spidrift »

Just guessing. I think that Giz once said they were planning to go for about a dozen volumes, so I'm probably just being wildly pessimistic.

But several of the characters seem to be moving into plausible endgame positions, and it's clear that Giz is increasingly busy with better-paid work in the mainstream comics industry these days. So I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we saw a wrap announcement sometime in the next year or so.

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong, of course.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Gary seems good but Kiley's endgame prospects are horrible

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

A thought that sprung to mind. Maybe Vyndicator is a happier person now, now that his mum is a happier person too.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

And one day, he'll get trolled on the Internet, remember Zii, and go check out if the troll's mother is unhappy in her marriage.

A gift that keeps on giving.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Abraxas wrote:Gary seems good but Kiley's endgame prospects are horrible
I don't know about that. She just has to work out an escape from DiDi - not trivial, but we're already getting hints of some possibilities - and then, perhaps, patch things up with Matt. He's a jerk, but he has real feelings for her, and he's an intellectual match for her, so if she chose to forgive, well, as Amy Rigby put it, that makes me think this thing really could work.

Then she learns her lesson from the DiDi incident - that messing about inside people's heads is dangerous, and she really needs to stop getting drunk on being the smartest person in the Ma3 cast, it's really not that much of an achievement - and go back to completing her training in a conventional fashion.

Then start writing pop-psych books featuring the rest of the cast, thinly anonymised.
DocMesa wrote:A thought that sprung to mind. Maybe Vyndicator is a happier person now, now that his mum is a happier person too.
Uh, that's what Zii just said he told her.

I guess that the interesting question is whether this makes him less of a jerk on the Internet. If he's living in a happier home, with some boasting rights among his meatspace buddies, he might be less inclined to take his anger out on people online.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Maechris wrote:And one day, he'll get trolled on the Internet, remember Zii, and go check out if the troll's mother is unhappy in her marriage.

A gift that keeps on giving.
That or he learns to ignore it, like Gary does. Plus, just because Vince is nicer, doesn't mean he suddenly gained Zii level game.