02-02-17 Hot enough to burn

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 02-02-17 Hot enough to burn

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:<snip> If she thinks he's someone Zii would reject, obviously she'd reject him herself.
Agreed 100%. I am postulating that Izzy might pick up on Zii's emotional turmoil, in the scenario I invented. If that was the case, what better way to be like your idol than like (or act to like or whatever a stalker w/Izzy's peculiarities does) than to show interest in who she thinks Zii is hot over?

Put aside the obvious social stigma of stealing the significant other from someone who you fawn over. Izzy doesn't seem to think about boundaries either, don't forget (e.g. replacing locks etc.)
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:I am postulating that Izzy might pick up on Zii's emotional turmoil, in the scenario I invented. If that was the case, what better way to be like your idol than like (or act to like or whatever a stalker w/Izzy's peculiarities does) than to show interest in who she thinks Zii is hot over?
Depends on Izz picking up Zii's interest in Gary, which I'm not sure she would. A lot of the jokes about Izz depend on her hilariously misreading things - deducing that Gary was a butler, guessing that Yvan was a music industry bigwig, and so on. She's manipulative but naive and not very perceptive.

Though comedy trumps character consistency, of course.
Put aside the obvious social stigma of stealing the significant other from someone who you fawn over. Izzy doesn't seem to think about boundaries either, don't forget (e.g. replacing locks etc.)
Izz wanders up and down the stalker scale from "fangirl" to "scarily creepy". She makes genuine efforts to please and be nice to Zii (albeit without respecting boundaries), but she also shows signs of potentially going full-on Single White Female and trying to replace Zii. If she starting thinking of Gary as Zii's cast-off, she certainly might well make a move on him. And not take no for an answer.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Way too long ago... I was playing billiard together with a girl, in a team, vs. two other girls. Skillwise, one of the opposing girls was about our level, the other was a total beginner. We had the advantage.

During the game, my playing partner says something to me, a bit quietly. It was really weird. I first understood it wrongly. I started giggling, and like half a second later, the error correction codes in my head spit out what she actually said: "If we lose, I hope you won't be mad at me." She notices me giggling, asks what's so funny. I tell her I misunderstood her, and she wants to know what I did understand. Again I giggle. And think: "What the hell. She's okay. She'll hardly slap me and walk out." So I tell her: "I thought you said: 'If we lose, I hope you'll go to bed with me.'" She grins and just says: "Okay."

I was pretty stunned. But quickly I thought: "She must be kidding!!" And like a minute later... She shoots the black #8 into a hole, and we lose the match we should never have lost just in terms of playing skill... And I was usually the guy to make these mistakes. Never her.

To this day, I wonder if she did it fully on purpose.

And she did go to bed with me. :P

Anyway, this is kind of analogous to the situation that ended the last strip. Alas, Gary does not call her out on what she actually said...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a delicate art. If a girl says something slightly risque, meaning it as a joke, and you sound like you're taking it as an invitation, she's likely to get embarrassed or angry, take more care about what she says in future, and stop trusting you - which is no fun. So sensible guys are careful about taking risque remarks as invitations.

But then, if it was meant as an invitation, you miss a chance and annoy her that way... One just has to learn fine judgement. But I guess that Gary, who spent more of his life being ignored than jumped by girls, and who's a nice and somewhat nervous guy, is still likely to assume "not an invitation".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.