02-02-17 Hot enough to burn

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LegendaryKroc

Re: 02-02-17 Hot enough to burn

Post by LegendaryKroc »

The plot thickens, and I move a little closer to shipping Gary/Zii.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Is it finally coming to fruition? It seems like early on it hinted at the 2 liking each other. I'd be totally okay with Zii and Gary getting together.

And if not, I want Gary to get with Kiley. She took his virginity, but in the small amount of time they were together, they had really good chemistry and seem to actually like each other.

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Zii's got a point. Who hasn't touched Matt's dick yet? Actually, I can't remember, has Zii touched it?
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

leftturnonly

Post by leftturnonly »

When is someone going to open an unlocked door? I feels appropriate right now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Frostbite wrote:Zii's got a point. Who hasn't touched Matt's dick yet? Actually, I can't remember, has Zii touched it?
Yes. Not terribly successfully, despite the eventual use of a Kiley wig.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Frostbite wrote:Zii's got a point. Who hasn't touched Matt's dick yet? Actually, I can't remember, has Zii touched it?
"Who's there? Reverse cowgirl."
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As to the "Who hasn't?"... Jung and Eulice, naturally (though who knows what Matt's tenancy agreement with the latter entailed?), and Ruby has only observed from a (short) distance. One doesn't know about Chanelle or Nathan, but one would hesitate to place bets.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

Milnoc wrote:What if, just once in this Webcomic, Gary does get the girl, no strings attached?
Let's toss a coin and discuss probabilities:
  • if tails, someone will bump/flash/etc them right away
    if heads, someone will bump/barge in/etc them at home
    if the coin stands on the edge, Gary will say something stupid
    if the coin remains standing in thin air, there will be an urgent phone call
    if the coin spontaneously explodes and starts a new universe, Gary will get the girl with no strings attached
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be interrupted somehow. Mostly do to what I think the book end will be and we are a LONG way from it.

That being said, I do like how this is going even if Gary doesn't see what is really going on with Zii.

Wild-almost-insane-guess: Ruby will walk in, see Zii and get Gary's interest, and piss Zii off in the process, making her storm out.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not sure that that Ruby would work for anything as melodramatic as that. Gary doesn't know her at all, whereas Zii knows and likes her. And she's too introverted to instantly command Gary's full attention.

With her, we'd more likely get a slow burn scene where the three of them got into extended conversation and Zii gradually found herself getting irrationally jealous of Gary talking to another woman at all. If the writers want a quick scene-ending version of the same idea, Sonya or Peggy would make a much better third party.
---------
Spidrift

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

I JUST GOT THE FIBRIR AND FIRRIB SHIRTS FROM WAY THE HELL BACK WHEN
This is getting out of hand.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:...Sonya or Peggy would make a much better third party.
Or Izzy. She's the new buzz-kill and a dangerous Zii wannabe. Plus her stalker skills are not subject to question, making her appearance both convincing, annoying, and threatening to Zii's self-image if Zii started imagining Izzy hanging off of Gary. Izzy seems to read Zii pretty well (factoring in Izzy's need to BE Zii-like) and might make a move on Gary thinking Zii has/would/should. Plus Zii said her name a strip back; say the devil's name and she appears.

Sorry for bringing that scenario up. I think I taste bile in my mouth.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Remember that Izzy has not only met Gary, she specifically said that he and Zii were obviously not dating. If she thinks he's someone Zii would reject, obviously she'd reject him herself.

Though she thinks (or at least thought) that he was Zii's butler, so I guess she might try to seduce him as a way to get even closer to Sii. But on the third hand... I get the faint impression with Izzy that she's not only a virgin, she's still youthfully "innocent" enough, in her warped way, to be a bit scared of sex. She'd flirt like crazy to get what she wants, but the prospect of an actual pants-off situation (even with Zii, let alone with anyone else) would make her find an excuse to run. Fandom may be an excuse for avoiding actual scary intimacy with her.
---------
Spidrift

Nightmaster

Post by Nightmaster »

People seen to forget the name of this webcomic and the hints that have appeared in other cameo appearances of the main characters in other works.

The end of this webcomic is obvious: Didi, Zii and Gary together.

How that is going to happen is something to see.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Spidrift wrote:I'm not sure that that Ruby would work for anything as melodramatic as that. Gary doesn't know her at all, whereas Zii knows and likes her. And she's too introverted to instantly command Gary's full attention.

With her, we'd more likely get a slow burn scene where the three of them got into extended conversation and Zii gradually found herself getting irrationally jealous of Gary talking to another woman at all. If the writers want a quick scene-ending version of the same idea, Sonya or Peggy would make a much better third party.
You make a good point. For now Zii is keeping her feelings to herself (if barely) and continues to have a normal conversation with Gary. I do think if Gary gets hit with a clue his reaction might be a more nervous version of this strip.

Then again I could be wrong and nothing will happen, one way or another, and they finish their drinks and go home.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK