31-01-17 Rubbing off on you

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

christopheftw

Re: 31-01-17 Rubbing off on you

Post by christopheftw »

Yay! A return to the classic interactions that made this strip so great at the outset.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

True on Zii's lipstick; it does change her appearance a wee bit. I approve, but subconsciously why is she applying it now? New comic day or a sale at Jung's?

As much as it might seem like an end-game ship, Gary & Zii, part of me doesn't think it will be a permanent coupling. I do think they'll try it, but Zii will probably realize that she doesn't have enough of a geek-streak with Gary... although I am not to sure what Zii will find unattractive in Zii in the end. They are both artists and share similar interests, but for different reasons. Gary could help design an album cover.

/nostalgic for SDB
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Sirens blar

Maday

Maday

SS ZII is taking water!

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Haha clever innuendo.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

what? for a moment I thought at the end Zii said "this Gary is really hot" or "this coffer (her magic box) is really hot

and as I said many times, I get a feeling that the concluding ship might be the Zii-Gary-Yuki ship if it is JUST 3
ImageImage

ErzatzGary

Post by ErzatzGary »

Why has Zii developed a habit of talking to Gary with her face side on to him? Looks odd.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

worldshaking00 wrote:True on Zii's lipstick; it does change her appearance a wee bit. I approve, but subconsciously why is she applying it now? New comic day or a sale at Jung's?
I can't speak for all women here, but I put make-up when the mood hits me. No special occasion. :)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

since 2 strips ago it was established that Gary kept coming to the store when new comics came.......................

we could speculate she subconsciously gets lipstick those days LMAO even if she can't admit that YET
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ha ha, Canadians are so polite (even the webcomics' ones). :)
Don Alexander, of course Zii is beautiful- Giz draws her. :) :) ;)

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Giz wrote:
worldshaking00 wrote:True on Zii's lipstick; it does change her appearance a wee bit. I approve, but subconsciously why is she applying it now? New comic day or a sale at Jung's?
I can't speak for all women here, but I put make-up when the mood hits me. No special occasion. :)
Well, fair enough. Everyone likes to put on their lucky shirt or favorite dress or style their hair when in a certain mood. My comment was not to imply that the only thing that can change on an Ma3 character is their subculture t-shirt; but rather to state that there may be a hidden or deeper agenda. Zii just seems differently drawn, somehow, now. I'm not the only one to have picked up on it. It could be that we haven't seen our heroine for so long that we're just so happy to see her that we're hallucinating. Obviously her life has been pretty much ho-hum average for some time now, according to her own admission to Gary. Since she's not noticing (until it is too late) that her and Gary are sharing similar (if not exact) interests, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to infer that she is subconsciously dressing/styling herself to appease. New comic day might just be a symptom of an impending Gary sighting. But then I get accused of not following WYSIWYG.

I think we need Zii's shoulder angel & devil to make an appearance. Yes?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

in a classroom

"Mike, if you were invited to a dinner by your girlfriend who is of a well renown family, of refined tastes and excellent manners and in the middle of dinner you had to go to the restroom, how would you say?"

"I have to go to the bathroom to take a pee"

"How Gross, that is so vulgar, you should avoid saying in that manner"

"now you, Jack. How would you do it?"

"Excuse me for a few minutes, I have to use the latrine"

"oh no, it was much better, but one should avoid mentioning where one is going at this case"

Teacher sighs "Okay Douglas, let's see if for a change you give a much more polite language in your response"
"I will tell my girlfriend................... Can you pardon me for a few minutes? I have a very close friend I have to get a hold of, but I hope my friend and you can get introduced with each other tonight"
----------------------------------------------

for the side view of Zii when talking to Gary?

I have learned to trust Giz's view of foreseeable future, as she tends to have a purpose for each thing she draws, even the smallest details

is an educated guess

but I think she avoids looking straight at him because she fears that if she does that, she will be tempted?
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:As much as it might seem like an end-game ship, Gary & Zii, part of me doesn't think it will be a permanent coupling. I do think they'll try it, but Zii will probably realize that she doesn't have enough of a geek-streak with Gary... although I am not to sure what Zii will find unattractive in Zii in the end.
That's why my sporting bet is on a Gary-Zii-Yuki menage. Yuki would assuage Gary's geek side, allowing Zii to anchor the pair of them in non-geeky quotidian reality, and both the women would be able to express their bisexual natures without being unfaithful to the arrangement.

(Except for the days when Sonya wanders through and seduces any one of the three for shit, giggles, and old times' sake, just to keep things dramatic.)
ErzatzGary wrote:Why has Zii developed a habit of talking to Gary with her face side on to him? Looks odd.
I think that she's always been prone to that body language when a conversation turns more serious than she's comfortable with. She tries to avoid seriousness; that posture means that she avoids eye contact with the other person, while also staring into the middle distance as, despite herself, she thinks about whatever subject she's trying to avoid.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

As to people pointing out a difference in Zii's appearance, I'm surprised you all focus on the lipstick. Her hair being out of a ponytail is whats catching my attention. Not something I usually see when she's out and about.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Jackass Mask wrote:As to people pointing out a difference in Zii's appearance, I'm surprised you all focus on the lipstick. Her hair being out of a ponytail is whats catching my attention. Not something I usually see when she's out and about.
THAT'S what it is. Her hair's down (First time since October 2015, unless you count when she banged Matt, which is still way back in January 2016) and she's got lipstick on (First time since June 2014, which is also the last time she had her hair down with lipstick on). Incidentally, these last couple of strips are the first we've seen of Zii since August, and I'm only just realising it. Comic book time is a strange thing.
Last edited by Dorgengoa on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is getting out of hand.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

And we're back to the much more interesting story arc. I don't ship Gary and Zii but I do want to see them bang already because then Zii will never live it down. If we snap back to the Didi wrestling arc for a few strips again then we are indeed being trolled.