31-01-17 Rubbing off on you

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 31-01-17 Rubbing off on you

Post by worldshaking00 »

Jackass Mask wrote:As to people pointing out a difference in Zii's appearance, I'm surprised you all focus on the lipstick. Her hair being out of a ponytail is whats catching my attention. Not something I usually see when she's out and about.
Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I did mention earlier I thought her hair was poofier. I guess it was because of her hair not being in a ponytail. Well done. \M/
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Yeah the hair was the first thing I noticed, but that is just because I lean on being a character artist
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Oh Zii, just become his girlfriend already. You'll be much happier when you do. :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Skimming back over some random past experiences - yes, Zii tends to wear the ponytail when she's out and about, and lets her hair down when she's relaxing at home. But - she also sometimes lets her hair loose when she's dressing up a bit. Notably, she had the ponytail in the dressing room before the band's gig, but dropped it by the time she hit the stage.

So it looks like she's treating today as a bit of a dress-up day, with lipstick and loose hair and all. Call it a whim. Actually, I suspect that Giz, not having drawn her for a while, is cutting loose a little, consciously or not. Or perhaps it's a subtle way of indicating that Gary is finding her noticeably attractive.

But anyway, I fear, from the rhythm of the writing, that this is another one-off insert strip, and we'll be cutting back to DiDi on Thursday.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the "rubbing off on you" line. Nice slip there, Zii.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

In a lot of ways, Gary has come a long way. Now if only he could grow a spine in order to complete his transformation ...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Who needs a spine when you have the swirly?

For that matter, who needs a brain when you have DiDi's tits?

I won't say that this comic is cynical about human beings and their response to erotic stimuli, but...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Spidrift wrote:But anyway, I fear, from the rhythm of the writing, that this is another one-off insert strip, and we'll be cutting back to DiDi on Thursday.
I do fear that you are right on that one. *Raises Glass* Here's to hoping.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

Spidrift wrote:... I wonder if we're seeing some ducks being gently, gradually nudged into a row for the comic's endgame.
For any of the three to get physiologically entangled with either of the other two would spell the end of the current dynamic, so much so that such a thing should only be part of the final wind-down.

Apparently the writers recognize this; after all, with the three living in the same apartment, such a pairing would be the mostly likely occurrence, so the lack thereof is a deliberate decision.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

EvilSnack wrote:For any of the three to get physiologically entangled with either of the other two would spell the end of the current dynamic, so much so that such a thing should only be part of the final wind-down.
Well, if they got physiologically entangled, it'd certainly change the genre of the comic. I believe that the technical term is "body horror".
---------
Spidrift

Kenny_Uroboros

Post by Kenny_Uroboros »

I'm going to enjoy this, take a breath, and pretend that we will not go back to Tity McTits and the wrestling lesbians on saturday.

Vvvader

Post by Vvvader »

Love it! At long last, the kind of suspenseful, witty and meaningful interaction between core characters that brought me to this comic in the first place, many years ago. Gary and Zii especially their more mature versions have a really interesting chemistry, I think. I'm so hoping it won't devolve into frustrating goofiness for it's own sake. Or a "study" in female wrestling (but who'd do such a thing?)

Here's their first talk over coffee, btw. Good stuff. :) http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/pffffft

Maybe I should add... Giz, I don't want to offend. I admire your work. You are really incredibly talented.