24-01-17 Let me buy you coffee

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 24-01-17 Let me buy you coffee

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Hogan wrote:And Jung once again demonstrates how he can shut up Zii with a single sentence... =))
Though I don't think that he even knew he was doing it this time.

Anyway - huzzah! We're back to the interesting characters and the plots that emerge from their personalities, rather than having to drag in scads of new characters. (It leaves the wrestling plot somewhat hanging in midair, mind you. Oh dear. What a pity. Boo hoo. Never mind.) It looks like we may even get some progress with the nascent confusing romance there. And even if we don't - we at least have these two acting like friends. Not only does Gary appear slowly to be learning the basics of human interaction, we get the cast behaving like real people, hanging out and having coffee.

Now, anyone want to ID those two T-shirts?
Aerosmith and it seems like Deadpool.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Anyway - huzzah! We're back to the interesting characters and the plots that emerge from their personalities,
Pretty sure we got that with the wrestling arc, i certainly thought so.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Tess & Maura are still dumb.
Kiley is still playing Didi's g/f.
Didi is still oblivious.
Lynn still wants to get in her pants.

What changed?
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

They showed Tiff, and The Night Sisters, and Twin Magic, and...

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And that's not plot, it's stamp collecting.

(I mean, I quite like that sort of thing in Grrl Power - but there, the endless new characters are drawn in full colour and have superpowers, and the comic is still a running joke among fans for its unwillingness to get on with the job.)

Quote removed. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Yippee!!!!! :ymparty: \:d/ :-bd \M/ :ymhug: ^:)^

SPAZwazza

Post by SPAZwazza »

Who are these characters?
Fun fact: "Subtext" is an anagram for "buttsex"

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
rogermart wrote:They showed Tiff, and The Night Sisters, and Twin Magic, and...
And that's not plot, it's stamp collecting.

(I mean, I quite like that sort of thing in Grrl Power - but there, the endless new characters are drawn in full colour and have superpowers, and the comic is still a running joke among fans for its unwillingness to get on with the job.)
Of course, i was being facetious ;)

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

lordoffiling wrote:Art seems... different.
Not sure about the art, per se, but seeing as how we haven't seen Zii since August 18 2016 here {gasp...is that right?} I think her hair is a little bit more poofy or shaggy (edit: in Panel 1). Maybe she needs a haircut, or put some volumizing hair care agent on her hair.

Please, oh please. Let there be some 'mature' conversation or character development occur between Zii & Gary (even if Zii tries to pass it off in her flippant style). Even if it becomes a Gary-fest explaining to his 'wingman' how much eroticism & sex he's been used in/by/around, just to get Zii even more sexually frustrated and/or showing more interest in Gary since he's been raising the bar on his sexual experiences.

I wouldn't mind a few characters dropping by at the cafe, if only to lend credence to Gary's escapades (like, Tracy & Jim showing up and making a not-so-subtle hint that Zii picks up on that Gary/Jim might have happened; or, Tracy needs Gary to sub-in for another spanking show; or, Peggy blows up his cell phone for a booty call).

In fact, I expect the next few strips having a lot of Zii's hair standing on end, getting her caught up on all the sex she's been not a part of.

As far as Gary showing up at the comic store and Zii ribbing him about riding home with Zii, seems typical Zii to me. They are comfortable with one another... friendly even. Like the cat she emulates from time-to-time, she hangs around for affection when she wants and pops her claws at others. I'm not sure how comfortable Zii is with that arrangement, or what path that might lead down. But she's a big girl, and I'm pretty sure Gary is considering her more as 'one of the guys' (for the most part) considering he 'seems' to be having a satisfactory life now (dream job, side booty-call role, etc.) {note: obviously, he wants more, but he's gotten more now than he's had in the last 30 years so he is content enough}. I think that a sexual Zii/Gary moment would be a nice - hopefully eventual - moment. This comic doesn't have to conform to the Three's Company sexual dynamic at Gary's apartment.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Too Gary Too Gary!

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Shipping intensifies...

Seriously, if this two doesn't end being a couple this webcomic's ending will be bad. Just bad.

Malmedee

Post by Malmedee »

Spidrif I meant roach motel in a "Bugs go in, they don't come out." Sort of way. And if the price I have to pay to get our cast interacting again, and maybe never see Peggy and Matt again is that we lose Yuki and Sonya, I'll feel bad about it, but I'll take it.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I hope Zii becomes a wrestler - then it all comes full circle and we can have the full time wrestling webcomic we deserve and then the whole community can be like, me, cortez, and maybe worldshaking00

Her finisher can be the Black Widow.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

JTheCreator wrote:Oh good, the interesting plot again. Was worried it was all downhill for a good bit. Couldn't stand the last two arcs. %-(
Oh, good, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

rogermart wrote:Of course, i was being facetious ;)
I thought you were. Hence the "And..."
worldshaking00 wrote:I wouldn't mind a few characters dropping by at the cafe, if only to lend credence to Gary's escapades (like, Tracy & Jim showing up and making a not-so-subtle hint that Zii picks up on that Gary/Jim might have happened; or, Tracy needs Gary to sub-in for another spanking show; or, Peggy blows up his cell phone for a booty call).
More simply - I thought that SDB missed a trick when Zii took Ruby for a coffee. Even if Sonya has cut back on her shifts at the shop for some reason, Allie presumably still works there. She ought to be able to overhear and misunderstand a few conversations.
I'm not sure how comfortable Zii is with that arrangement, or what path that might lead down. But she's a big girl, and I'm pretty sure Gary is considering her more as 'one of the guys' (for the most part) considering he 'seems' to be having a satisfactory life now (dream job, side booty-call role, etc.) {note: obviously, he wants more, but he's gotten more now than he's had in the last 30 years so he is content enough}. I think that a sexual Zii/Gary moment would be a nice - hopefully eventual - moment. This comic doesn't have to conform to the Three's Company sexual dynamic at Gary's apartment.
My personal guess for the final configuration of this comic involves Zii, Gary, and Yuki living in a true ménage à trois. They're each a little bit obsessed with both the other two, and would kind of fulfil each other.

Sonya could drop by every few weeks to cause trouble and keep things interesting for all of them.
SilentChaos87 wrote:
JTheCreator wrote:Oh good, the interesting plot again. Was worried it was all downhill for a good bit. Couldn't stand the last two arcs. %-(
Oh, good, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one.
You haven't been reading these boards much lately, then?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.