12-01-17 You playing girlfriend

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Jackass Mask

Re: 12-01-17 You playing girlfriend

Post by Jackass Mask »

Yes it's almost like Kiley has been in a moron when it comes to her therapy and should thank her lucky stars she hasn't been found out yet by her peers. She needs to take a long look at herself and what she is doing. Oh, and for people saying she should just be a sex therapist, sex therapists do not have sex with their clients. They promote positive change in a person's sexual dysfunction. And, I repeat, they do not have sex with the client.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

Sex surrogate therapists do.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

Kiley's only hope here is to say that while she doesn't know of any male therapists off the top of her head, she does know of a support group that she knows about, and invite them over to Matt's place.

If you argue that there wasn't a support group, I respond "what about the foursome with Kiley, Matt, Gary, and Peg?". At least, how it started out.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It's okay, Kiley. You can still be a fuckapist. And I need some fuckapy! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Continuity wrote:Kiley's only hope here is to say that while she doesn't know of any male therapists off the top of her head, she does know of a support group that she knows about, and invite them over to Matt's place.
Actually, Kiley's best hope is to hold out until the next strip, when this joke will be over and nobody will remember what was said.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

brasca wrote:Yes I know it's hyperbole, but I'm referring again to Kiley being barred from practicing therapy. That would be like Gary or Zii being professionally ostracized from the art and music industry respectively.

You forgot the Red Hot Chili Peppers incident, didn't you?
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Jackass Mask wrote:Yes it's almost like Kiley has been in a moron when it comes to her therapy and should thank her lucky stars she hasn't been found out yet by her peers. She needs to take a long look at herself and what she is doing. Oh, and for people saying she should just be a sex therapist, sex therapists do not have sex with their clients. They promote positive change in a person's sexual dysfunction. And, I repeat, they do not have sex with the client.
And Kiley hasn't gotten her PHD yet either.

Silverias

Post by Silverias »

Realtalk...is everyone in this fic just a selfish user? Like, I straight up made an account to say this, does NO ONE have any integrity? Gary seems to be the only person who doesn't bulldoze over people for his own desires, and that's because he lets everyone else do that.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Fereshte wrote:Technically, sex therapy is a real thing. Kiley just doesn't realize she's a sex therapist and keeps presenting herself as a regular, vanilla grade therapist who has sex with her clients. Which is a no go for regular, vanilla grade therapy. All she has to do is cross over to sex therapy and she's in the clear. Go for it, Kiely! You have a knack for it.
I think you have "sex therapy" and "prostitution" mixed up.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

Sex surrogate therapy is rather controversial, but it's not prostitution. It's therapy designed to overcome sexual disfunction due to emotional trauma or other such issues. Some sex surrogate therapists only do light touching, some do none, and some have sex. The individual therapist gets to decide the level of intamcy used. Although it sounds odd and controversial, it can be very helpful for those who struggle with sexual acts and levels of sexual intimacy. Don't knock someone else's therapy styles! Lol.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Silverias wrote:Realtalk...is everyone in this fic just a selfish user?
Umm, yes. Except when they're being sweetly loyal to each other, sometimes in the same panel. That's the joke.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

There are therapists that have sex with their clients, as has been covered. I find the level of realism more than adequate overall, and aside from this recent confidentiality breach, don't take much issue with Kiley's ethics. To use a few simple standards: Does she have malice? Does she cause harm? And would I be upset to be treated the way she treats people? Kiley has no malice, causes no harm, and I'd be glad to be treated by her. Kiley helps her patients, often dramatically, is a good friend, and has consistently been a kind and caring person. She could have stood to be more clear and honest with Matt, but aside from that she's done well.
Certainly not I'd say, depending on whether you believe people are allowed to want anything or have any self interest at all. Kiley is certainly highly altruistic, and Didi tries her best. I can't believe that she wouldn't reciprocate if Kiley actually asked her for something, and her cooking is legendary. She's generally very kind toward others, even if she is willing to drop an unsatisfying relationship without fanfare, something I would say is her right.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Even though she doesn't have her PHD or license yet? Which pretty much means that everything she's doing is illegal, regardless of what her intentions might be

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

She definitely in the wrong legally. I just consider illegal and actually bad to be different things. Cooking food for the poor doesn't become a misdeed because you do it at home rather than in a certified commercial kitchen, at least not in my opinion.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Mostly, yes. I'm not sure, though, about Peggy ... has she ever behaved as a user?