10-12-16 Hired muscle

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 10-12-16 Hired muscle

Post by rogermart »

Cortez wrote:So DiDi would be the Kevin Nash to Roxie's Shawn Michaels?
Two dudes with attitudes jajajajaja, nice, but i prefer Nash and Hall, the 1st nWo was legendary...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Ah, I see. The ol' Mean Character, Nice Actor trick. (Apologies for any time lost in the depths of the link.) I expect this will be a challenge for DiDi to come to terms with, given that she doesn't enjoy being cruel (or at least doesn't seem to) so she will need Maura and Tess to coach her in unleashing her inner Heel. I expect this will make for much hilarity.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Maybe she'll seek out some acting tips from Dillon
Yet still, I live...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Zorlond wrote:
Spidrift wrote:DiDi is a joke about what men "traditionally" find attractive in women. She's a caricature at the expense of men - or really, mostly, at the expense of teenage boys. Brandy and Sonya push the buttons in question without mashing them with the comedy hammer.
Contrary to popular myth, actual men's (no, not boys) personal tastes differ as much as women's tastes do. Some like heavy chests, some like moderate, some like no chests at all. Some focus on legs instead. Others on butts, small, medium, and large. Some like dark skin, some like light, regardless of what their own is. Still others focus on height, or overall weight, both big or small. (note, we're focusing on physical appearance, mental is a whole new can o worms that's just as varied)

So yeah, you can easily find multiple men who would each find women in these strips attractive, and others who would find them unattractive. Didi is no exception to either position. If she's a caricature, it's of the old myth that all men in existence only want one specific type. Doesn't mean that she's not attractive to some.

Back to the actual strip plot, I think Didi can eventually be talked into the part... eventually. She'd have to finally come to grips that wrestling is just a physical form of acting, like a play with off-the-top-rope stage direction. And hey, coming in as 'hired muscle' for a heel to claim the local title belt? That's a pretty dramatic entrance for an actor to be introduced on, lot of lucrative potential for Didi there.
There is such a thing as standard/normally, even if personal tastes can vary.

As to the plot of the strip, I don't know. I don't imagine Didi changing.

My biggest question though is, why have her play the heel. Does she now want to be good champion? For someone so skilled, does she want to be the champion who needs to cheat? I'd hope she'd have better hopes for herself. :p

Cresset

Post by Cresset »

Zorlond wrote:So yeah, you can easily find multiple men who would each find women in these strips attractive, and others who would find them unattractive. Didi is no exception to either position. If she's a caricature, it's of the old myth that all men in existence only want one specific type. Doesn't mean that she's not attractive to some.
Pretty sure 99% of men would find Didi attractive, lol. She's the "dumb hot blonde" taken to extremes, which means super dumb and super hot. "But that's not realistic". Well, yeah, but so is a dweeblord like Gary having abs. Everyone in this town is way hotter than they have any right to be (in b4 Eulice), so I think it's kind of unfair to single her out.

cj95

Post by cj95 »

Is it just me, or does the new "invisible nipples" artwork just look plain silly.

I understand the new rules and all, but if that's the direction you are going, then just cut out the shower scenes altogether.

When something is missing from a picture that our brain tells us logically should be present, it doesn't work I think.

A full frontal picture with clearly missing body parts is not titillating at all....it just looks......wrong.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

There's already a FAQ about that.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16517

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

You know, considering how much people are fixated on there being no nipples visible all the time, I'm starting to understand why the advertisers have an issue with nipples.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Because people have such an issue about nipples, nipples are an issue...

But the problem isn't really the lack of nipples so much as the weird methods used to "conceal" them. When movies want to show naked women without showing their nipples, they use careful camera angles, or bits of solid furniture in the way, or sheets pulled up in a way that a real sheet can go. It can be mildly irritating (especially to teenage boys), but it doesn't defy logic.

What they don't do is show sheets of apparently infinite size and unorthodox topology, or pretend that the water and steam in an ordinary shower is sufficient to conceal things when we all know that it isn't. That's just weird and jarring, and suggests that the artist isn't even trying to have things make sense.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Again, i thought this was what the FAQ on this topic was for.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

It is. But people rarely seem to check the FAQ's first on the internet. I was just musing, anyway.

Is this the first time we have confirmation that Didi does indeed shower alone and naked since Gary asked it so long ago? :D The only other time was co-showering with Zii and showering in a bikini, I believe.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

tenchi13

Post by tenchi13 »

Cortez wrote:So DiDi would be the Kevin Nash to Roxie's Shawn Michaels?
DiDiesel?

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Cresset wrote:
Zorlond wrote:So yeah, you can easily find multiple men who would each find women in these strips attractive, and others who would find them unattractive. Didi is no exception to either position. If she's a caricature, it's of the old myth that all men in existence only want one specific type. Doesn't mean that she's not attractive to some.
Pretty sure 99% of men would find Didi attractive, lol. She's the "dumb hot blonde" taken to extremes, which means super dumb and super hot. "But that's not realistic". Well, yeah, but so is a dweeblord like Gary having abs. Everyone in this town is way hotter than they have any right to be (in b4 Eulice), so I think it's kind of unfair to single her out.
Well, her hotness is taken to extremes (then again, like you said, so is everyone else's), her dumbness is more like naiveness (if there's such a word), so she's not super dumb, just an "oh honey" in some occasions...

And it's true 99% find Didi attractive even if she's not our type physically. My type is more like a Sandra or Yuki, probably Sonya, but if i have chance with a Didi, i have to see what's that like :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Current-DiDi is drawn as authentically attractive, in an excessive sort of way. There are models who make good money from looking like that. DiDi as she was originally drawn in early strips was just a Barbie doll transcribed to the page, and about as sexually appealing as any other piece of plastic.

And I personally am honestly interested enough in a partner's personality that I'd find DiDi's weird vacuity actively off-putting. I mean, Sonya (for one contrasting example) isn't bright and sometimes tries to be evil, but at least she'd be amusing to talk to; DiDi would just be annoying. And getting annoyed tends to suppress my libido.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

True, she's a turnoff the moment she shows her personality... At least in my case my curiosity would trump that for a while...