10-12-16 Hired muscle

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 10-12-16 Hired muscle

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Because people have such an issue about nipples, nipples are an issue...

But the problem isn't really the lack of nipples so much as the weird methods used to "conceal" them. When movies want to show naked women without showing their nipples, they use careful camera angles, or bits of solid furniture in the way, or sheets pulled up in a way that a real sheet can go. It can be mildly irritating (especially to teenage boys), but it doesn't defy logic.

What they don't do is show sheets of apparently infinite size and unorthodox topology, or pretend that the water and steam in an ordinary shower is sufficient to conceal things when we all know that it isn't. That's just weird and jarring, and suggests that the artist isn't even trying to have things make sense.
I never had a problem with the way the don't show them. Hell, they could do a full frontal nudity, but not actually draw anything and I wouldn't bat an eye. It just means the comic creators don't want to draw/show such stuff in their comic. It's not jarring at all.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

As someone who watched no nipple sailor moon transformations back in the 90's, and unable to let go of anime/manga since, genital missing artwork is so ingrained in me at this point that I find it odd that other people find it odd

And if we're all talking like dorks on which fantasy ma3 universe character we'd date, I'm totally on the Cammi or Sandra bus. Or Marie. Or lavali...

What I'm saying is Sandra on the Rocks is great.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

I'd totally fight you for a chance with Cammi
Last edited by 'J' on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yet still, I live...

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Sandra is actually my type (redhead with freckles, hot but thinks she's plain, has a wild side, the only thing is the alcohol issue but she doesn't seem like an actual addict, so it's fine).
Cammi is hot and lots of fun, Lavali is hot and accesible.
Now, the one in SotR i am in fantasy-love is Zoe.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True_Avery wrote:As someone who watched no nipple sailor moon transformations back in the 90's, and unable to let go of anime/manga since, genital missing artwork is so ingrained in me at this point that I find it odd that other people find it odd
Whereas to me it just makes the characters look like Barbie dolls rather than real people.
True_Avery wrote:And if we're all talking like dorks on which fantasy ma3 universe character we'd date, I'm totally on the Cammi or Sandra bus. Or Marie. Or lavali...
I'll be honest enough to admit that I'd find Cammi too intimidating - kind of non-financially high maintenance. Sandra's booze thing and flakiness have a similar effect. And I'm old enough to see Marie as far too jailbait-esque. (Now, a few decades ago...)

But I'm sticking by my claim to be a sucker for intelligence, so - issues of orientation aside - yes, I can see the appeal with Lavali. But mostly, I have to say that I'd date Ruby. Because I kind of do.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.