Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

01-12-16 Being so focused

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: 01-12-16 Being so focused

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. Presumably, the hot tub with the spotlight and the ropy "satanic" room decor is something to do with the Night Sisters. Either that, or Lynn has some dubiously odd tastes.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Can we really say this is Lynn's taste, though? A few strips back, it was apparent she was in a locker room with two more very familiar looking characters.

Also - notice that the basin doesn't seem to have water in it; but what looks to be a deep hole (I could be wrong, though).

Part of me hopes that the uncanny resemblance these girls have to the Eerie Cutie crew is more than just a coincidence.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

That thing is going to take like an hour to fill up...
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Hmm. Presumably, the hot tub with the spotlight and the ropy "satanic" room decor is something to do with the Night Sisters. Either that, or Lynn has some dubiously odd tastes.
Lynn has an important position within the wrestling organization. Maybe she manages the Night Sisters and the whole crypt keeper motif is part of some promotional work she's producing.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Here's me not caring about the Didi wrestling plot. Which probably means the comic will be focused on the Didi wrestling plot for at least 30 strips. Wasn't Dillon supposed to make a guest appearance or something like that?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:A few strips back, it was apparent she was in a locker room with two more very familiar looking characters.
Yes. Hence my comment about the Night Sisters (a term which has appeared in the comic previously).
Also - notice that the basin doesn't seem to have water in it; but what looks to be a deep hole (I could be wrong, though).
It looks to me like a hot tub which has been drained. (I imagine that they take a while to fill.)
Part of me hopes that the uncanny resemblance these girls have to the Eerie Cutie crew is more than just a coincidence.
It is, in that most of the female wrestlers we've seen are expies of Eerie Cuties characters. However, they're clearly not the same people; aside from the fact that this appears to be a completely different, non-supernatural universe, in which Eerie Cuties is a successful work of fiction, they have somewhat different personalities. Presumably, the resemblances are just a little in-joke that also saves Giz from some work on visual character design.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

I couldn't care less about this plot line if I tried. :|

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

heard a squeaky voice :-o
ImageImage

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Inverted pentagram, probably a Hollywood Satanist. And that looks like set lighting so this is probably a set for a promo for the Night Sisters TV segment (or maybe for the whole segment of non-wrestling kayfabe)
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:Hmm. Presumably, the hot tub with the spotlight and the ropy "satanic" room decor is something to do with the Night Sisters. Either that, or Lynn has some dubiously odd tastes.
It's probably part of the Night Sisters promos.

Like what the Wyatt Family has.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Assuming this is for the Night Sisters I wonder why Lynn is in costume.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Listen only to the sound of my voice. Let your mind relax. Let your thoughts drift. Let the bad memories fade. Let peace be upon you. Surrender yourself to your dreams. Let them wash over you like the gentle waves of the bluest ocean. Let them envelop you. Comfort you.

Imagine somewhere calm. Imagine somewhere safe. Imagine yourself in a frozen forest.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

There's... background? :|

Seriously, I was so focused on Lynn's hot tummy I completely overlooked all of this before reading your post... :ymblushing:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cresset

Post by Cresset »

I'm enjoying this plotline...Didi was in sore need to characterization once Gary and Zii left their dead end jobs to follow into their dream careers. Her job at the cafeteria wasn't that relevant since Sandra left for her model career/own strip.