22-10-16 Summer wardrobe

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 22-10-16 Summer wardrobe

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:Olbers' Paradox does not the prevent the universe from being essentially infinite, it just prevents it from being infinitely old.
If it isn't infinite in time, it's a pretty feeble sort of infinite.
JTheCreator wrote:I guess we know what story arc is gonna drag us closer to the finish line. Seriously though, last volume didn't end too long ago. So far we have two arcs that feel a little stretched. We need to go somewhere soon. I mean even see what's up with Zii and Izz. One of them could be wearing the others skin by now D:
Honestly, I think that the comic has lost the plot a bit these days. Giz and Dave keep trying to make it interesting by throwing in new characters, instead of doing new things with the characters they've got.

There's a lot we don't know about the three core cast members, that could make for interesting, funny stories. But we'll probably never find that stuff out before the comic ends, because the writers would rather drag in yet more tertiary characters for the sake of implausible joke storylines. And then we lose track of what's going on with half the cast for months at a time.

But, sadly, that seems to sell better than a comic like SDB, which focuses fairly tightly on a finite core cast. So what do I know?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:If it isn't infinite in time, it's a pretty feeble sort of infinite.
Let me tell you about this thing called the Big Bang... /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's still not really infinite in all dimensions (or maybe any dimension) is it?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.