27-09-16 Shake hands

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: 27-09-16 Shake hands

Post by BlairFan »

Soon, we will learn the answer to an ancient question:
Who is more polite, Canadians or Japanese?
:-?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

You mean like a pair of man-children whose childishness rubs off on each other, Spidrift? I'm sure there's at least one British sitcom with that premise, so if anyone would know...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure there is. But there's also, e.g., April and Andy in the American Parks & Recreation...

It's trivially realistic. Two people with similar behaviours tend to enable and reinforce each other.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Dorgengoa wrote:Maybe I should have waited to get stay up for 48 hours, get drunk, and then rant at length about this comic. Matt is doing a voice for his elephant penis. This is the kind of thing I write when I'm sitting in my room alone, with the lights off, cackling like I just got a dose of Joker Venom.

Times like this make me grateful I've found a girlfriend who recently admitted that the splooshiest thing about my personality, to her, is that I'm constantly doing things like this.
So you in fact understand the humor the strip is going for.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

All well and good that Matt is trying to help Yuki out and she's managing to get this far without going into hysterics - but, I'm rather worried about what's going to happen when 'Mr. Elephant' spits at her.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Fluffy, please don't be concerned about that. After all, Matt has at least five minutes to figure that problem out.
;)

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

I'm surprised it's only 5 mins. Isn't Matt supposed to have stamina? He almost got Didi off and went 12 rounds with Peggy. On my phone, but if someone wants to link those examples...
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

JTheCreator wrote:Considering when Yuki's phobia developed, talking to her like a child might be helpful. Treat the phobia from when it originated.
Screw trying to treat the phobia! I think it's really down to just "try desperately to avoid provoking Yuki in order to not wind up mutilated." It's like saying, "Nice doggie, gooooood doggie" to a pit bull.

No one with a penis should go anywhere within 100 yards of Yuki without at least a cup, and maybe full body armor. Matt let a moment of empathy override his common sense, and now he's in an extremely dangerous situation with an extremely dangerous, violent and crazy person. Yeah, he's going to say whatever he needs to say to try to keep said crazy person distracted and calm. He'd bark like a dog if that's what it took.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JTheCreator wrote:I'm surprised it's only 5 mins. Isn't Matt supposed to have stamina? He almost got Didi off and went 12 rounds with Peggy.
We don't know how widely spaced those twelve times (if it was literally twelve times) with Peggy were, or how long he lasted with Sonya just now. And it's not clear how far this is refractory period after Sonya (who I can quite believe would leave a guy needing a five-minute breather), and how much this is him giving himself time to get his shit together in the face of an existential threat to his goolies.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

KittyHat wrote:This, of all things, is what you're mad at Matt about?.
No, I was trying to be brief, but it clearly backfired.
Spidrift wrote:Matt still has cause to feel nervous about what Yuki may do to his bits. That could be bad for any guy's sexual focus.
The last two panels seem to show him aroused, rather than remotely afraid.
Spidrift wrote: There's just one or two (loud) posters who seemingly have possibly-personal issues with Matt's specific flaws, and who therefore always think the worst of him, and the rest of us trying to point out that this time round, he's actually being kind of a decent guy, in his own Ma3-peculiar way.
Fair point, I can't disagree with that.

Triple post merged. :-w The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:The last two panels seem to show him aroused, rather than remotely afraid.
Oh, he's doubtless getting there; he is Matt, after all. And arousal may suppress fear. But if he's being a little slower getting in the right frame of mind than some people seem to expect, that's hardly surprising.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

To his great distress, Matt was about to find out that Yuki is a poacher...
brasca wrote:Yes because genital mutilation is such a tried and true comedy staple. 8-|
Actually, I'd say it is, but not for this kind of comedy.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)