25-08-16 All couples have a few bumps

Post by Giz »

Passing Through

Re: 25-08-16 All couples have a few bumps

Post by Passing Through »

Well that was weird.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I see Gary enjoying it.

Time to pack up, haters.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

*Weary sigh*

Well, the cosplays did garner a laugh, and the "in-character" lines were darn funny.

Also, Yuki looks so stunning here with her hair down and donning just a sheet.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Looks like Mario doesn't have to go to a different castle to find Princess Peach for once.

This actually might not be so bad. If Yuki hasn't completely overcome her fear of tentacles she might be agreeable to using a strapon since it allows her to be the tentacle. Best to consult Kiley on that first.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...wait... where... what...

Sandra is to blame. I just know it.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

oh no

does this means Gary will be "like Caitlynn" in the future?

well at least it might insure Dillon will not be interested in such a girly man ;)
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:I see Gary enjoying it.
So do I. The interesting question is - Why? We know that his butt has been a little tender since Peggy started, umm, having fun with him, he was already feeling a bit battered here, and Peggy has unleashed the Black Stallion. And yet, he's not just going along with this; there's a heart in his speech bubble.

Evidently, the Super Mario cosplay means quite a lot to him. I'm a little surprised that it also works for Peggy, but each to their own. Actually, as someone who has never played a Super Mario game in his life, I feel quite excluded by the comedy in this comic, but don't mind me.

Oh, and I could also use an interpretative subtitle to "Shimatta"? Someone? Or will I be forced to use Google?
brasca wrote:If Yuki hasn't completely overcome her fear of tentacles she might be agreeable to using a strapon since it allows her to be the tentacle.
Without warning, it comes...crashing through the window of your study, and mine...I have seen it before...somewhere. It frightened me as a girl... frightened me. Yes, father. I shall become - a tentacle...
Storm-forge mystique wrote:Sandra is to blame. I just know it.
So you reckon that what happened in Paris didn't stay in Paris?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

I wonder if Senna will forgive Gary for ditching her in Paris if he's apologetic enough. And by that I mean letting her do him in the butt. He seems amenable.

And Yuki. Wow. She's being a great sport here. Just a light "Dammit". Didn't even interrupt them. Now that was really courteous of her.

Riposite

Post by Riposite »

Oh, and I could also use an interpretative subtitle to "Shimatta"? Someone? Or will I be forced to use Google?
]
basically its like saying "damn it"

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

So was this Gary' side of a good time, or is it Peggy's? Or, is it Peggy's idea of what would turn Gary on, or something weird for them both? So much weirdness in this strip, and I've been reading Texts From Last Night for two days.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Well, that definitely alters my perception of the classic video game for the rest of my life! :))

rubberchickencircuit

Post by rubberchickencircuit »

Don Alexander wrote:I see Gary enjoying it.
Ditto. I'm weirded out—not because bottoming is wrong on some basic level (somebody's gotta do it), but just because the presentation seems to be trying to make Gary look as embarrassing and unsympathetic as possible.
I thought Gary, like Zii, was supposed to be a relatively endearing lead, even if often forced into comically awkward situations. I'd rather not see him turned into Jon Arbuckle for an easy laugh.

ninjazxeleven

Post by ninjazxeleven »

MA3never fails to entertain me. This strip was no exception. It subverts our thinking and makes us always want more. I look for the next strip with gleeful anticipation every scheduled day. Kudos to the team! Please, keep up the excellent work!

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

rubberchickencircuit wrote:Ditto. I'm weirded out—not because bottoming is wrong on some basic level (somebody's gotta do it), but just because the presentation seems to be trying to make Gary look as embarrassing and unsympathetic as possible.
I thought Gary, like Zii, was supposed to be a relatively endearing lead, even if often forced into comically awkward situations. I'd rather not see him turned into Jon Arbuckle for an easy laugh.
I think the problem is that Gary isn't a character at all; he's an archetype. There's no actual development because development is for characters, but there is plenty of room for abruptly changing him to fit the scene (once upon a time, Gary wasn't interested in taking it up the butt, and now suddenly he is with no explanation).