Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

11-08-16 DiDi does Paris 5 of 6

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 11-08-16 DiDi does Paris 5 of 6

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Probably should've asked earlier, and I apologise if it has already been answered, but is this guest strip canon?
If so, when in the timeline does it occur? It doesn't seem to match current story status of either comic.
Still enjoyable, regardless. :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, whatever Domenico is famous for as a photographer, it can't be originality. That's three of the most cliched "sexy" images in the history of cartooning...

Also, Tatiana's evil glasses work much better when they have a mirror finish. Being able to see her eyes makes her much less sinister. And if she can get rid of Domenico's favourites this easily, why is Sandra still around?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

I didn't notice that Tatiana was in the first three panels until I looked a second time. The Didi effect is real; it would seem.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Well, whatever Domenico is famous for as a photographer, it can't be originality. That's three of the most cliched "sexy" images in the history of cartooning...

Also, Tatiana's evil glasses work much better when they have a mirror finish. Being able to see her eyes makes her much less sinister. And if she can get rid of Domenico's favourites this easily, why is Sandra still around?
Probably because Zoe isn't around to fix whatever Tatiana sabotages. I think appointing her Sandra's roommate was the most subtle way Zoe could punish her without revealing that she knows exactly what she's been up to and won't tolerate it. As such she would probably be the first one to tell Domenico he can keep DiDi as a muse, but she can't be a model because everyone would be staring at her and not what they're advertising. While it would be delicious to see Tatiana save Sandra's modeling career I think Zoe would put her foot down if Domenico wanted to dump her.

Only one more strip left so I doubt DiDi will encounter anymore of Sandra's friends which is a pity since I would just love to see Lavali's reaction.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. I was hoping for some more interactions with the Paris crowd, and fewer obvious jokes not terribly well done. What would Marie make of DiDi? How much effort would she have to put into preventing Alex being hypnotised down to the intellectual level of an asparagus?

Incidentally - mirror shades are always more sinister than transparent...
ParisGuestArtRevised.png
ParisGuestArtRevised.png (29.78 KiB) Viewed 6275 times
Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

so, Didi is working with Frederico, and Tatiana is as possesive with Frederico as witn Dominico

THAT IS NOT even remotely like Dominico

and I have to take these strips as not really canon
ImageImage

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

...and there's nasty Tatiana. No doubt, she's getting Didi out of the picture to protect Sandra (and her job :ymdevil: ). I suppose she could have a slight backlash of Didi-effect, too.

Edit: forgot to give many thanks to our guest artist for the Didi fan service. Well done. ^:)^
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

wiseguy wrote:so, Didi is working with Frederico, and Tatiana is as possesive with Frederico as witn Dominico

THAT IS NOT even remotely like Dominico

and I have to take these strips as not really canon
Yeah, none of this really makes any sense. I don't know who that guy with the camera is, but he's not Dominico, and this whole scenario feels like "it was all just a dream" ... or maybe "silly fanfic."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:...and there's nasty Tatiana. No doubt, she's getting Didi out of the picture to protect Sonya ...
The logic of which claim eludes me.

I'm not actually sure what Tatiana and Sonya would make of each other, if they ever met...
---------
Spidrift

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:What would Marie make of DiDi? How much effort would she have to put into preventing Alex being hypnotised?
Both of those have already been answered:

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

seeing live and seeing pics are 2 different things

and many people still admire Didi but are smitten with someone else

like Eric with Zii for a while, Matt with Kiley
ImageImage

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I love DiDi's expressions expressions in this strip. They're f***ing adorable. So while I will concede that this guest series has got many things very wrong, can we all agree that it got one thing so very right?

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

No one's going to mention her mishapen breasts in panel 3? Not sure what happened there.

I'm not trying to nitpick, I'm sure the guest artist is trying. Vut after the whole bit with Domenico who was basically retconned, it's hard not to mention the little details.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the bottom part(under her arm ) might be an error drawing of her breast OR it can be part of the bikini top, as it is likely the top has 4 strings and one of the ones shown at bottom part (under her breasts or one toward the right bottom ) might be from the left side of the bikini top and not the right one (breast shown)
ImageImage