Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

02-08-16 DiDi does Paris - 1 of 6

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 02-08-16 DiDi does Paris - 1 of 6

Post by Cortez »

So DiDi considers Sandra to be "the one that got away "?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Kiley has that impression. I'm not sure that DiDi's communication skills are good enough for the reality to be clear.

Anyway, quite decent art; Andrew seems to have a handle on the characters. The two women appear to be merging in panel 3, and Kiley's arms are oddly short in panel 4, but whatevs. And DiDi's dress appears to have been sprayed on, but heck, she's DiDi; she does weird things to reality.

So now, we find out how DiDi does in a place where zee kyooot Vrench accsent will merely be taken as annoyingly colonial.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I think the whole reason they appear to be merging in panel 3 is to show enough side boob without a nipple getting out.

Nice job Andrew Pepoy. At first glance and on my tiny iPhone screen I thought Gisele dropped everything to bring us a new strip.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I know this will all end in a crippling disappointment for me, but I hope Kiley is right. :x
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Pretty good rendition/capturing of the characters and style.

I think you two got your panels mixed up.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, for 3 read 2.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Naturallyhighpenguin

Post by Naturallyhighpenguin »

Spidrift wrote: So now, we find out how DiDi does in a place where zee kyooot Vrench accsent will merely be taken as annoyingly colonial.
As far as I'm concerned (and my french family too), the Canadian accent is simply hilarious for (European) French ears. The Canadian webseries "Têtes a claques" for example had a remarkable success in France, not least due to the accent and the use of amusing frenglish words and sentences.

Funnily enough, you (maybe it's just me?) generally can't tell apart a Canadian singer from a French one, because once the words are sung, most (if not all) differences are magically gone.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I've been to both France (mostly Paris) and to Quebec (a few times), and the two accents are indeed very different.
It's about as much difference between American southern accents and a New York City accent, I'd say. :-B

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Raamyah wrote:I know this will all end in a crippling disappointment for me, but I hope Kiley is right. :x
I'd say you may be right about the first part of your sentence, since if Ma3 is running concurrently with SOTR, Sandra isn't even IN Paris right now. And may not be for some time to come.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not assuming concurrency. This strip was promised as a result of the last Kickstarter, a year ago now, and quite likely scripted back then. Presumably, we got it when Andrew had time to finish it. (No complaints from me; it's a bonus piece, after all.)

And Sandra may get back to Paris within 24 hours, for that matter.
---------
Spidrift

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

A good rendition of Giz's art style. A few differences, but I'm fine with it (although Kiley's bust through her black t-shirt is looking a little larger than her normal 'mosquito bites' I think - might just me me). Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and what wacky hijinks happen! Will Didi's adoration for Kiley survive the City of Love?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

I guess Didi told her what happened to Sandra and her in her signature Franglish and Kiley understood that as "the one that got away"...
Spidrift wrote:The two women appear to be merging in panel 3, and Kiley's arms are oddly short in panel 4.
Kiley: "Short like my...my...my...pancake boobs!!! <cries>" :D
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Sorry Kiley but your ticket out of this screwy relationship might be asking Matt for help but in exchange he's going to want you back.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

The title , "DiDi Does Paris" would seem to indicate there is much sex about to happen. :-?