30-07-16 Going out with a bang - end of vol 8

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JTheCreator

Re: 30-07-16 Going out with a bang - end of vol 8

Post by JTheCreator »

*looks at comic
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

ama3fan wrote:
BlairFan wrote:BioYuGi, the phrase "to make a play for" means "to try to seduce."
:-B
All right, I think that clears the panel 2 for me. Of course I understood Gary's first line, but could not uncipher the second... didn't understand it was nothing except drivel to delay his death by Yuki a moment longer. All I thought was "Who's Zayn? What plea? What's One Direction?"
One Direction is a popular (in North America at least) boy band - Zayn, I'm going by implication here, is one of the members of the band who left.

Probably just the first name Gary could think of that was close to Zii since his "hey, I don't want to die" gene is actually pretty solid.

zoom

Post by zoom »

I see the third panel as a perfect setup for a print edition extra.... like in the movie "clue" where they show "and here's what really happened"
SIG229

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:Since Gary clearly gained some kisses from her, too, perhaps Sonya actually enjoyed his company despite the originally planned Yuki-and-she alone time? Maybe gratitude? Apology? Or, maybe more likely, heat of the moment stuff.
Sonya was looking for satisfying, violent break-up sex with Yuki. She got satisfying, violent breaking-up sex with Yuki and a cute guy. She's not going to bother being pedantic in those circumstances.
worldshaking00 wrote:First off: congrats to Gary for lasting for +10 minutes.
I suspect that Peggy and Matt have been quietly and implicitly training him. Matt made a start before the foursome, after all.
worldshaking00 wrote:Third: other than getting a good hate-fuck out of it, what did Sonya get out of this... relationship-wise I mean?
Like she more or less said - closure. Dramatic closure at that.
KittyHat wrote:And I have to say, wow ... way to go, Sonya! I never thought I'd see the day when Sonya could rightfully say, "I love it when a plan comes together."
She sort-of pulled off a successful plan when Zii broke up with Erik - and enjoyed that feeling too. Sonya isn't, I think, truly dumb; she just very rarely bothers using her brain.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
True_Avery wrote:Image
Not sure if saying it's a good thing or a bad thing.
It's a THING.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ThePonyGuy wrote:I regret not signing in to post on the last comic. I was going to call a threesome, but I didn't want to bother.
Gah! I could have said I called it! I mean, I did. You guys just didn't know.
Error of Logic wrote:See? Called it in the last thread: weird threesome.
I was one thread faster:
Don Alexander, in the 26-07-16 With no regrets thread, wrote:Ah, this could be the beginning of a beautiful threesome... as long as Yuki keeps her "eyes up here" and Gary touches her with nothing but hands and mayhaps upper body. :x
:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

knuclear200x

Post by knuclear200x »

You have some magical art, Giz. I take one look at Betty and Veronica on that cover and i finally get a boner

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

BlairFan wrote:
BioYuGi wrote:I'm confused... when has Zii ever mentioned wanting to work on a play?
BioYuGi, the phrase "to make a play for" means "to try to seduce."
Oh. Gosh what a weird way to say it. Couldn't they have just said "Tell Zii I'm sorry I never made a move on her!" or "Tell Zii I'm sorry I never got to bang her!"

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Is it just me or is Yuki especially hot in panel 3?
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

BioYuGi wrote:
BlairFan wrote:
BioYuGi wrote:I'm confused... when has Zii ever mentioned wanting to work on a play?
BioYuGi, the phrase "to make a play for" means "to try to seduce."
Oh. Gosh what a weird way to say it. Couldn't they have just said "Tell Zii I'm sorry I never made a move on her!" or "Tell Zii I'm sorry I never got to bang her!"
It's an american turn of phrase. Seems to have come from sports; think like "Here's the play for Player 86 to go through their defense and end up at point Y". in this case, it would be like "K, I'm gonna get Zii by finding a cute guy and telling her I'm gonna make out with him with my shirt off. She'll definitely come running to bed with me/us!". Like, that would be his 'play' or game plan. It's not meant to reference a play like on a stage.

That second one is pretty crude!! I think I would've gotten a different feel about the Gary/Zii relationship if he said that :/

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Don Alexander wrote:
suranae wrote:Also no book end panel.
What are you talking about, it almost perfectly mirrors Strip #1050! Only the last panel is off.
It auctally funny when you swap tab back and force to see how the images are practally the same, lol.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, and we should also note that Kiley can probably claim at least some of the credit for Yuki's recovery from her phobic psychosis. So this is her third miracle, which I think qualifies her for sainthood.

Next up, she must obtain the sound of a cat's footfall, the beard of a woman, the roots of a mountain, the sinews of a bear, the breath of a fish, and the spittle of a bird.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

wiseguy wrote:LOL

everything points out to Gary having

Yuki 100%
Sonya 95% (I still see a chance she leaves the "trio" alone as in Gary-Yuki-Zii )
Zii 100%
Peggy 60%
Didi 70%
Amber 65% (SDB will have one more chapter left )
his coworker 60%
Kiley 80%

all the rest 25% or less
With the landlady at 0%. Please.

In other news, I am also hoping that Yuki's ridiculous malady has found an equally ridiculous cure.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

If Gary's tentacle is out of sight and deep inside her, Yuki won't have any issues!

Is that ridiculous enough? :p

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Maybe Kiley's sessions worked
True_Avery wrote:Image

Yuki is Japanese... she was bound to get Tentacle'd eventually

atleast it wasn't... Matt -cat hiss-

Double post merged. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, I wasn't familiar with Andrew Pepoy's work, but some rummaging round the Web suggests that he's got the right style to do that DiDi/Sandra strip - and enough of a name to bring some more readers to Ma3, even. Looking forward to this guest material.
---------
Spidrift