28-10-10 Something in common!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Re: 28-10-10 Something in common!

Post by Fen »

Ah man, I wish we'd just get some more didi/sandra or zii/some chick action. That way everyone can relax and enjoy the boobies. And all will be well in the universe. :))
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

CrownedSun wrote:Here we go.

The real reason that Gary is still a virgin!

:D

Poor guy's totally clueless.
I was that way when I was 9 FFS! The guy's 29 now... Then again, OK, he did have this super-duper religious upbringing, but you'd have guessed from his own words during that coffee break with Zii that he'd have revolted. Then again, some rebel he is. He should have started reading a few men's magazines, learned how to dress etc... But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he preferred hanging out with basement-dwelling geeks who think it's a huge deal if FIRRIB or FIBRIR (which is actually stuff no sane person cares about); much like the Robocrap fans who, in the most butthurt of ways, canonized the "nose lasers" of the VF-1 Valkyrie (although it was admittedly an animation error).
FIRRIB

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

At least you're not being judgmental. It'd be pretty mean-spirited to just slam someone because their interests and passions don't match yours or the perceived norm.

Seriously, chill out with the bashing of everything that isn't your thing. It's not my thing either, yet I still find Gary to be a good guy and somebody worth knowing.

James Rye

Post by James Rye »

*buys popcorn and a sprite*

*sits down and can´t wait for tomorrows date*

That will so gonna be a =)) tomorrow.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Gary's geekiness is not what holds him back. He doesn't live in his parents' basement, he lives in an apartment he rents with the money he earned. And he wants to be a comic artist himself, and he might even succeed. Yuki is impressed by his work, and there are probably many other girls who would be. What holds him back is that he's awkward and repressed.

Zii probably will try to prepare him for the date, with a long list of "Things You're Not Allowed to Mention".

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

BobDole wrote:At least you're not being judgmental. It'd be pretty mean-spirited to just slam someone because their interests and passions don't match yours or the perceived norm.

Seriously, chill out with the bashing of everything that isn't your thing. It's not my thing either, yet I still find Gary to be a good guy and somebody worth knowing.
What? Gary himself has said he wants to get laid. If he doesn't work at it, he'll end up marrying his hand! Women don't fall at your feet just because you're a "nice guy" (i.e. a pathetic loser who grovels and does everyone favors hoping that he'll get some sexual gratification in return). Women expect someone to earn their affection. What does Gary do instead? He's utterly oblivious. He's the Master of Self-Cockblocking.
FIRRIB

Reifan00

Post by Reifan00 »

He had no warning or advice that he was being set up for a date. All he knew was that Zii had brought a friends around, and he didn't catch onto the hints that this was being set up.

And I do feel Zii's response to the transformers question was too much of an attempt to hide his nerdiness. She could have offered to look for it for him...

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

It seems to me that the two women Gary is most interested in are Amber and Yuki, so perhaps, going out with a third woman, Sonya, is a bit too much for him to handle right now. I was also thinking, if Gary does change his mind, and decides it's OK for him to go out with Sonya, then his current reluctance to do so, may seem to her, that he's "playing hard to get" and enjoying his superstud status. XD

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

"Whew!" indeed...you really have to work hard to get Gary a date, don't you? Now I see why he's a virgin and date-free at this point in his life. Of course, it doesn't hurt that his prospective date is kind of a dimbulb and actually thinks that the histrionics of a drag queen prove that Gary's "hot stuff..." :))

All credit to Zii for really working to follow through on her promise to Gary...this wasn't easy, and yet she managed to at least get him to home plate. Whether he gets to first base, or beyond, is now up to him. Go for it, Gary!

Although he might still have a better chance at that if Zii tagged along... :p

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

Well everyone can agree on one thing.

Zii is being completely Zii.

On the other hand. Yes Gary should definitally date Sonya. She's a great personality, no flaws at all and she will love Gary for who he really is and will help him get on with his lovelife in a great way.

Ok... now where have i put that sarcasm-tag?

cursormortis

Post by cursormortis »

sukebe senpai wrote:It's a good thing Sonya's stupid, because Gary really deserves to spend the rest of his days and nights fapping to furry tentacle pr0n until he realizes no woman will EVAR want to be with him - and all because of his absolute loserness.. I mean, he's face to face with a hottie (however stupid and ditzy she may be) who's asking him out and he keeps cockblocking himself. And yes, he's a LOSER. "Planning about hunting for this new Transformers toy"... WTF. He's 29 years old, he should be out dating, not acting like a basement-dwelling tosser whose life revolves around crappy comics and cartoons that were created to promote toys. With his geekiness, he's lucky he got poked in the ass by Dillon's morning wood (heck, THAT is the absolute low of absolute lows: getting bottomed by someone who exclusively bottoms) and that male nurse's hand.
Wow. I really hope you're being sarcastic.This is on par with the biggest Zii-hate I've seen here. Why should he be out dating? He seems to be doing well enough with Yuki, while Didi also wants to jump his bones. Is it just because he's doing the thing that society considers wrong? And honestly, being more interested in his hobbies than in some girl that Zi apparently brought home and just wants to have coffee (which to his mind reads: "Hang out and chat like friends" because he's got no experience) is not such a horrible thing. Also, nobody deserves to be made uncomfortable the way that Dillon is making him. I'm willing to bet that if you saw a gay man being constantly harassed and molested by a straight woman, you wouldn't think it was nearly so acceptable, no matter how much of a "loser" the gay man is.

Finally, as much as I hate it when people say this: it really is just a comic. Characterization is overplayed for laughs, including Gary's nerdiness, Sonya's stupidity, Yuki's phallophobia, and Zii's seduction abilities. At least this story arc is no worse than most sitcoms.

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

Gil Hamilton wrote:because Zii is going to everything short of sticking her arm up his butt and controlling him like a puppet on this thing.
Don't give Zii that idea for use on Gary. Only the "Vyn-Dick-Eater" gets that.

And maybe (JUST maybe) this is a "train wreck just waiting to happen." Should still be interesting to watch.

EDIT: "Vyn-Dick-Eater" needed proper capitalization.
Last edited by Ecchi-Spud on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Well, if he'd rather be in teh internets hunting for stuff only kids care about, then why does he bawwwww about how he has no sex life? If you want a sex life, pursue it.
FIRRIB

cursormortis

Post by cursormortis »

I'd say he is, with Yuki.

Also, obviously not only kids care about these shows and toys. I, for one, buy new Nerf guns , Legos, and Star Wars toys as I have the money . And I'm 22. In addition, I enjoy Transformers, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Avatar: the Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Invader Zim, Phineas and Ferb, and other kids' shows in addition to programming written for adults. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with this.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Reifan00 wrote:He had no warning or advice that he was being set up for a date. All he knew was that Zii had brought a friends around, and he didn't catch onto the hints that this was being set up.

And I do feel Zii's response to the transformers question was too much of an attempt to hide his nerdiness. She could have offered to look for it for him...
1. Chances for a date often appear unexpectedly. Besides, the fact that he got an ottie-hay on his twelve o'clock should at the very least give him some kind of a hint, no? And especially an ottie-hay that expressed interest in going out with him (an occurence just a wee bit rarer than hen's teeth). Besides, the "deal" with Zii was that Zii would get him to know girls and would have him up to his armpits in nekkid girlies. And he had complained to Zii about not acting as his wing-girl, IIRC. How come he's forgotten now?

2. How can anyone be sure that Sonya would appreciate Gary's interest in cartoon toys? In fact, most women are allergic to geeks of all kinds: army geeks (morons who keep on yapping about what they did during their tour of duty - mostly as draftees), cartoon geeks, car geeks, computer geeks etc.

[snark]By the way, FIRRIB.[/snark]
FIRRIB