Menage a 3 Volume 7 discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

Re: Menage a 3 Volume 7 discussion

Post by Giz »

Yup, you can easily add PDFs to your pledge. Just increase the pledge by the amounts of PDFs you want.

Thanks for your support, guys! ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Thanks. Will there eventually be an online way to make it clear that's what you're doing? I don't mind using comment fields or whatever, but most kickstarters seem to have simple after-the-end online add-on options.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Not sure I follow. We have an add-on section at the end that explains it. The thing is long though (a lot to explain) so I can see it get lost. Maybe I'll remind folks at each update. Might be easier.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Thanks again - I've evidently missed something. I'll have another look and sort this out.

EDIT: Well, I've increased my pledge by $7, but I couldn't find anywhere to say that this was because I wanted a PDF in addition to the book, let alone which one. If I'm missing something obvious, could somebody tell me what, please?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Is it only me, or does the underboob just look tacky to anyone else?
Attachments
dd6b51ab3804df6ddf077fa3ce6a9acb_original.png
dd6b51ab3804df6ddf077fa3ce6a9acb_original.png (161.75 KiB) Viewed 20214 times

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:Thanks again - I've evidently missed something. I'll have another look and sort this out.

EDIT: Well, I've increased my pledge by $7, but I couldn't find anywhere to say that this was because I wanted a PDF in addition to the book, let alone which one. If I'm missing something obvious, could somebody tell me what, please?
I increased my pledge to get the Didi pen. I just added the $15 CAD to my original pledge. I am under the assumption that when the pledge drive is over, the email Giz & Dave send through Kickstarter would give a better detail of the add-on selection; or, a section to type up what you were wanting specifically. And if not, then maybe a personal email if there was confusion? Considering how many permutations of add-ons/reward packages/etc. I could see it being a nightmare without some seriously good bookkeeping. The devil is in the details.

And TY for the pen selection. I love it. I wonder if you'll be able to put a teenie-weenie blob by her crotch to simulate her beaver tattoo? /scrambles to locate his magnifying glass.

@Zippy: Underboob can be a little tacky depending on the goods they are attached to, that is true. But because clothed Didi exudes so much more sex appeal than bare-ass naked Zii ever could, Zii is operating at a disadvantage. Zii is hot in her own way, but well, Didi is Didi. Plus it isn't supposed to be an X-rated statue. Considering her personality, a little underboob and small of the back flash while in comfy clothes fits.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I'm surprised the new stretch goals appear to include seven more pages for Giz to draw (Commission+six page story). Wasn't part of the "problem" from last year's KS that she gave herself too much to do afterward?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

In the end, people give money to the creative team for the art and the writing. If they want more money, they're going to end up having to do more art and more writing - or put a possibly-even-greater amount of work into designing and commissioning toys and souvenir stuff.

Giz and co have my sympathy and vast respect, but this is obviously a balancing act for them. If they judge that they can handle the extra work and the money is worth the hassle, well - it's their call. They have to put food on the table.

It might be fun to see what Giz and Dave could do if they undertook, say, an Ma3 text story, though, if the art workload ever did seem to be getting out of hand.
---------
Spidrift

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Last year, I took on 12 pages (ma3) + 9 pages (SDB) on top of the bonus stories in those two books.
Right now, I'm only taking on 6 pages (ma3) on top of the bonus story in the Ma3 book. I will be getting art help for the bonus story in EC, so it won't be so bad.
And Shouri usually helps me with inking for bonus stories too.

However, the Kickstarter isn't over, and it's possible I'll have more than 6 pages to draw, but I doubt it'll be as much as last year.
Commission wise, I'm only adding 1 more compared to last year. And that will be my max for sure on that front.

Jarin01

Post by Jarin01 »

Anyone else think this comic needs a lot more Didi and Garry and a lot less Z and Kiley?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Just pledged $60 for the new books. Now waiting for those guitar picks to show up!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Guitar pick goal achieved, I've just added $7 to my original $73 ($60 + $13 shipping) pledge to cover the price of the reward.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

And I just added another $28 for the Gary plushie!

I just wish I could have gotten a Baby Bender plushie as well when Futurama was on the air.

(Crochet version from http://mostlynerdycrochet.blogspot.ca/2 ... iquor.html )

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gary plushy and Kade/Ace3/Dio story are funded! :D

I'd say the 139k Tia/Blair story is also a wrap.

Everything beyond that, though... :-s

EDIT: And finished! Made it just to the new DiDi story! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It appears that the printed books now have physical existence. Good news.

Just out of casual curiosity, do we have a timescale on the bonus PDF material and such? No hurry - it'll be, well, a bonus, whenever it does appear - but I can't help but be interested.
---------
Spidrift