07-05-15 That is a thing lips are

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

philippos42

Re: 07-05-15 That is a thing lips are

Post by philippos42 »

wiseguy wrote:there are already 2 guitars, and drums, is rare to have 3 guitars and a drum without a keyboard

only one I can think of now is the knack (my sharona fame)
No, Sonya plays electric bass.

Lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, and drums is a pretty classic setup. Someone mentioned the Beatles. Off the top of my head, the Church famously has two guitarists.

cellabella

Post by cellabella »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
But regarding the comic... Okay, now I'm just exasperated. What does Isabelle even want? I mean, I get how she's got some kind of unusual "teach me how to be like you" agenda going on, but how does that relate to tempting Zii into an almost kiss and then bailing at the last moment factor into it?
This is why I feel Izz has something unsavory up her sleeve. She goes from being willing to have a threesome with Gary and Zii to -----teasing Zii the morning after? It would be one thing if Zii were still drunk. She's not. Or if Zii were unwilling or playing hard to get. She's not and she's not. Or if Izz was underage. She isn't. If all Izz wanted to do was bang a rock star, Zii was all about that once she got confirmation of her age, but she just strings her along a bit and bails. For why?

Added to this that she has gotten a shorter version of Zii's haircut and was pumping Gary for very personal details on Zii. I know this is a sex comedy and it's not going to go too off the rails, but I think that Izz did tip her hand when she said "I want to be you." She just backtracked on that because crazy statement sounded crazy. I do think that she might be shamming her inability to play guitar, but maybe not. She is going to be hard to get rid of, much like when Dillon moved back in after he and Matt split. But whereas Dillon was just annoying (to some, anyway. I like him), Izz is quite possibly dangerous. Until shown otherwise, I regard her as this comic's version of Angel, but with a more sinister bent.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I realized now lot of 4 and 5 people groups have those 4 instruments without having keyboards

Go gos
Runaways
J Jet and blackhearts
Rolling stones in early years
Bangles
Beatles
ImageImage

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

I wonder if some of the conflict for Zii will be choosing between pursuing el groupie, and dealing with her feelings for Gary
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Treader

Post by Treader »

... And she might be the least obsessed stalker to muscle her way into the band. Didn't see that coming.

Sinocelt

Post by Sinocelt »

wiseguy wrote:as far as "visual evidence", she has not been in Gary's room, and she said "just came from his room" when she was cooking and she said it in a hesitant manner
That's not it. Zii asked Izz if she banged Gary. When Izz hesitantly answered she came out of his room, it was a literal truth, formulated to avoid answering Zii's actual question. So she was in Gary's room, but didn't bang him. He's either unconscious or tied to his bed. Or both.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Hogan wrote:... this one much be watched very closely... :-o

... preferredly with a camera and lots of film at hand...
"Film???"

We use memory cards in the 21st century.

How old are you? :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sinocelt wrote:
wiseguy wrote:as far as "visual evidence", she has not been in Gary's room, and she said "just came from his room" when she was cooking and she said it in a hesitant manner
That's not it. Zii asked Izz if she banged Gary. When Izz hesitantly answered she came out of his room, it was a literal truth, formulated to avoid answering Zii's actual question. So she was in Gary's room, but didn't bang him. He's either unconscious or tied to his bed. Or both.
And your evidence for this is?

Anyhow - leaving aside some readers' bizarre BDSM fantasies about Gary - am I the only person here wondering what the point is supposed to be with Isabelle?

The comic isn't short of unresolved plots at the moment. We have Yuki and Sonya's weird relationship, DiDi's weird thing with Kiley, Matt's weird plans for Gary, and Zii's growing interest also regarding Gary. We even have an interesting new character in the form of Tracy, who's bright, helpful, and a bit selfish at times, and who might make a genuinely good friend for Gary. Presumably, the band has a future too, and some of those characters have other interests in the backs of their minds.

And yet, instead of doing anything with any of those, the comic introduces a new character whose interest value comes purely from her unsustainable flakiness. Even individual comic bits, like the kiss offered and then snatched away in this latest strip, aren't actually new; that's happened to Gary twice in the last couple of volumes that I can think of.

I dunno. This may go somewhere fun, but it feels a bit like flailing to me.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Bugger all that, is Gazza tied up or what ?
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Scrounge

Post by Scrounge »

Izz has started to out-Zii Zii herself. Dial it back a bit, Izz. :p

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Hurbster wrote:Bugger all that, is Gazza tied up or what ?
will Gazza find it hard to be with Izz/Zii? or us readers get Did/Zii with our imagination?
ImageImage

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I guess we'll find out soon enough. :D

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Dinnersaur

Post by Dinnersaur »

Yuck. Witnessing "barely 18" being used seductively makes me feel so skeevy. I don't think I'm going to enjoy segments with this character.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well that was certainly unexpected. I know there's a lot of theories, but I don't think Izzy is a schemer seeing as how we got a look into her thought process when she saw Zii getting cozy with Yvan. She may be a different type of crazy, but not diabolical.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

So what then? The "do things at random because you inexplicably feel like it" type?

Quote removed. The DAMNed