19-02-15 Quietly

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

SilentChaos87

Re: 19-02-15 Quietly

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Name achieved. You guys must be pleased.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Razmos wrote:Zii and Zaa, a dangerous combination.
It's worse than that; somebody pointed out on another board that another common abbreviation for "Isabelle" is "Izzy".

If Zii thinks that Peggy has stolen Sonya, Kiley has stolen DiDi, Gary has stolen her sexual mojo, and now this girl has stolen her name and her hairstyle - we could be looking at a serious crack-up.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

gockel

Post by gockel »

"how about you can stay the night and ask her tomorrow when she's sober?"

IT COULD BE SO EASY

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

She then goes and lies down in Gary's bed, expecting Gary to take the service stairs to his tiny cramped loft room.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The vibe I'm getting from Izzy (might as well you know it's coming) is Barely Legal. And a little immature.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'd assume legal, because I don't think that a lightweight sex comedy is Going There (and bearing in mind that the age of consent in Canada is 16), but very, very immature. Less mature than Yuki, though? I mean...

Of course, if Gary respected the half-plus-seven rule, anything less than 22 would be iffy, technically speaking.

ANYWAY: Thinking further, I now suspect that Gary's sexual chances here are better than we thought, simply because I reckon that Zii is scheduled to wake up (or, just possibly, DiDi is scheduled to get home from a late shift) to hear "Oh Gary!" "Oh Izzie!" "Oh Izzie!" "Oh Gary!" through the wall.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Okay. So, a few possible scenarios as I see it. 1) Gary and the newsly named Isabelle( Zii groupie, might be to obvious, but lets nick name her Izii?) end up in bed together and the swirly changes her allegiances a bit from Zii to Gary, at least in the lust department. 2) Izii and Gary still end up in bed, but Zii wakes up in a daze and thinks she might be seeing herself in bed with Gary, given a slight similar look with the hair and Zii not being altogether sober. 3) A more likely scenario would be that the guitar gets damaged, Izii guilt trips Gary into taking the blame and more shenanigans evolve from there.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary has already promised to buy Zii a new guitar, in fact... Anyhow, "rock musician's guitar gets dinged" would feel like a very anticlimactic plot under the circumstances. My guess is that, most likely, this scene is going to put another elbow in the face of Zii's sexual confidence or sanity. Possibly by Gary audibly Swirly'ing Izzie in the next room, or by confusing invocation of Izzie's name somehow.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

she might end up being the daughter of someone we know? and it was Izzy to Zii who Gary ends up with
ImageImage

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally groupie got a name
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

IONDragonX

Post by IONDragonX »

R.I.P. Roger Miller..... I got the chance to see him on the same stage as Chet Atkins once. *sigh

Quote removed. The DAMNed

brasca

Post by brasca »

wiseguy wrote:she might end up being the daughter of someone we know? and it was Izzy to Zii who Gary ends up with
Still a possibility, but we now have confirmation that she's not Jerzy's sister Felicia so there will be no crossing over any time soon.

Here is a theory. Perhaps she's Matt's sister and if Gary were to sleep with her that certainly would be a source of new aggravation for him.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

We don't have any hints of actual family relationship here, and bringing one in now would probably just be too arbitrary. I suspect that Isabelle is a standalone character, who's going to work or not in her own right. Though a name which could be abbreviated to "Zaa" or "Izzie" offers some comedy potential in this comic - enough that keeping it secret for sixteen strips may have been deliberate policy, to heighten the eventual gag.
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

(odd I thought I commented on this already)

So CGG is named Isabelle. That outburst and response in the last two panels though. :))

Not sure where this is going now. She is sounding very young still and it has me wondering, how is Gary going to handle if this is the case.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Let's face it; Gary goes with the flow, and his so-far-abortive seduction of Isabelle consisted of him saying something nice and her considering throwing herself at him. If she goes back to throwing herself, he'll catch her as best he can, and probably go along with whatever she suggests. If he discovered before the fact that she was under 16, I'm sure he'd stop right there - Gary plays by the rules - but otherwise, he wouldn't see this as a situation that needed "handling".
---------
Spidrift