Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Hogan

Re: 14-02-15 The only guy here

Post by Hogan »

... is this a case of the Fox wanting to guard the Hen? :D

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

harvey-rrit wrote:What the hell is that supposed to mean?

(And what exactly is it? The Hello Kitty style of kung-fu?)
In Japan (yes, I know this takes place in Canada, but lot's of Japanese references in this comic), that sign means "No Go", as in rejected.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Aww... CGG is adorable! :ymhug:
Also, congrats on hitting 1000, FlashD81!
And I just realized this is my 500th post.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Not sure I'm enjoying the implication here, especially consider who the implication is directed against;

CGG: "But what about some sleazebag guy taking advantage of Zii in her drunken state?"
Gary: "Don't worry, I'm a guy, and.."
CGG: "Hey, yes you are. YOU ARE THEREFORE A SLEAZEBAG!!! BACK OFF SLEAZEBAG!!!"
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Waker

Post by Waker »

Despite going into her drinking binge with less than good emotions, Zii is really riding her inebriation out quite well. She's been grinning the whole damn time.

BStorm

Post by BStorm »

I don't think she's trying to imply that Gary's a sleazebag, seems more like she's trying to communicate "Don't ruin this for me, dude!"

In this situation Gary's the kid who tells the teacher that they forgot to assign homework 5 minutes before class is over, and CGG is giving him the standard "SHUT UP!" glare that the rest of the class would use.

Personally I'd like to see Gary get a chance to explain the situation to CGG and they end up together even if just temporarily (Zii is too drunk for me to be comfortable considering a threesome even though that would be awesome under other circumstances).

Unfortunately I still think he's going to end up kicked out of his own apartment, if only to maintain his 'Can't win for losing' status in the comic.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:If that girl was any sweeter I'd get a toothache. I think if she was not fangirling so much she would realize that Gary is her friend/roommate and that Zii is in safe hands.
Umm, I for one am a little unsure of CGG's intentions, or at least of what she may be capable of. She's fangirling to the point of scary obsession. She may have "good" intentions inside her head, but that's a slightly strange place. A teeny bit Misery, y'know?
brasca wrote:So basically the night ends the same as it always does. It probably is for the best to maintain the illusion that he doesn't know Zii since groupie girl might not be good at keeping secrets.
Actually, CGG has already picked up that fact. It's why she offered to have a threesome with both of them, remember. And it only has to be kept secret from Yvan, who CGG is unlikely to see again.
I would say Dillon's bed could get a little more crowded, but I' think Sticky Dilly Buns is a few days in the past than when this takes place.
It is. SDB is still running twenty-four hours after the gig.

Anyway, I'm not sure that Gary would go to Dillon for assistance. Although he might think about calling for a returned favour from Amber. But I don't think he's about to get chucked out of his own apartment, so the point is probably moot.
themacnut wrote:Not sure I'm enjoying the implication here, especially consider who the implication is directed against;

CGG: "But what about some sleazebag guy taking advantage of Zii in her drunken state?"
Gary: "Don't worry, I'm a guy, and.."
CGG: "Hey, yes you are. YOU ARE THEREFORE A SLEAZEBAG!!! BACK OFF SLEAZEBAG!!!"
Honestly, I think that the main thing going through CGG's mind here is "Yay! Opportunity to assist my idol! (And maybe get her kit off!) Woo! Do not let anyone get in my way here! Find any excuse to keep them away!
Waker wrote:Despite going into her drinking binge with less than good emotions, Zii is really riding her inebriation out quite well. She's been grinning the whole damn time.
Zii has always been a happy drunk. The hangovers make her wince a bit, but she rolls with that.
BStorm wrote:I don't think she's trying to imply that Gary's a sleazebag, seems more like she's trying to communicate "Don't ruin this for me, dude!"
That. Definitely.
Unfortunately I still think he's going to end up kicked out of his own apartment, if only to maintain his 'Can't win for losing' status in the comic.
I don't think that Gary is going to get kicked out of his own apartment. I just can't see how that would work. And he's not cursed to be an eternal loser; you've fallen for his internal monologue self-pity bullshit if you believe that. I do agree that his chance of nookie with CGG now looks low (though not zero), but that's because CGG looks increasingly fixated on Zii, to the exclusion of other concerns.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BStorm

Post by BStorm »

I don't think that Gary is going to get kicked out of his own apartment. I just can't see how that would work. And he's not cursed to be an eternal loser; you've fallen for his internal monologue self-pity bullshit if you believe that. I do agree that his chance of nookie with CGG now looks low (though not zero), but that's because CGG looks increasingly fixated on Zii, to the exclusion of other concerns.
It's less a matter of believing he's the eternal loser and more 'What would be the most amusing and still reasonable turn of events at this moment?"

Because, y'know, comic. ;)

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

The Comic Clock is ticking up to the big 4 digit number...I'm wondering what the big celebration one is going to be

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Sk'thloq wrote:Aww... CGG is adorable! :ymhug:
Also, congrats on hitting 1000, FlashD81!
And I just realized this is my 500th post.
And a grats to you sir :-bd
Spidrift wrote:
FlashD81 wrote:If that girl was any sweeter I'd get a toothache. I think if she was not fangirling so much she would realize that Gary is her friend/roommate and that Zii is in safe hands.
Umm, I for one am a little unsure of CGG's intentions, or at least of what she may be capable of. She's fangirling to the point of scary obsession. She may have "good" intentions inside her head, but that's a slightly strange place. A teeny bit Misery, y'know?
I see your point. I certainly hope it's not like Misery though. I want to look at the positive side on this one and see CGG as sweet and innocent.

I think Gary will be able to explain the situation, but how will the writers make it funny is the question I have right now.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

BStorm wrote:It's less a matter of believing he's the eternal loser and more 'What would be the most amusing and still reasonable turn of events at this moment?"
Gary being allowed into CGG's knickers, on condition that he dresses up as Zii?

(And being Gary, obligingly doing so, leading to Zii waking up in the morning to the sound of CGG screaming her name ... from the next room?)
FlashD81 wrote: I certainly hope it's not like Misery though. I want to look at the positive side on this one and see CGG as sweet and innocent.
Oh, I don't think that anyone is going to have any extremities severed. It's just that this level of fan-love can be a tiny bit scary - even if "scary" in context just means "leading to unusual sexual practices".
I think Gary will be able to explain the situation, but how will the writers make it funny is the question I have right now.
There really isn't a lot of explanation required. CGG knows that Gary and Zii know each other, hang out, et cetera, and in fact she assumed that they'd be cool joining a threesome together; clarifying that they are in fact room-mates should hardly be a big deal. Though it may make her insanely jealous of Gary.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the best combination of "logical yet amusing" event would be that Misty wants to protect the drunkien Zii(which means she would have blocked yvan if he had tried to take advantage) and that means HERSELF!!! so she in order to block herself and Gary................. puts Zii alone in her room, and she "watches" Gary at his room and they are together there

next morning (in 2 strips)
Zii wonders what she did, as she wakes up, goes to kitchen, sees "Misty" cooking so she thinks "me and her?", than Gary appears....Zii thinks "the 3 of us?" than Misty says "Gary, your SGR was wonderful, do it again after breakfast?".....poor poor Zii, people still think his SGR is wonderful
ImageImage

IONDragonX

Post by IONDragonX »

I swear to God, if Gary gets kicked out of his own apartment, I'll be pissed. Not funny.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

The way she seems to be smiling slightly in the last panel makes me think she's just kidding around at this point, probably hoping to make enough of an impression on Gary that he'll want to stay in touch (only since Zii's hippocampus is most likely still at the bar).

kouta

Post by kouta »

IONDragonX wrote:I swear to God, if Gary gets kicked out of his own apartment, I'll be pissed. Not funny.
About the best thing that could happen here would be for a sober Peggy (along with Matt and Kiley expecting a foursome with Gary) to show up. Zii is so drunk that choking on her own vomit is a very real concern and she probably needs medical attention.

Of course, that won't happen because Ma3 is a comedy and the Zii-fangirl just pointlessly cock-blocked Gary in his own home when he was trying to tell her to leave.
I am a proper young lady who does not bite her father at the dinner table.