6-03-08 You SAID I could move in anytime.

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

6-03-08 You SAID I could move in anytime.

Post by Giz »

Stratburst

Re: 6-03-08 You SAID I could move in anytime.

Post by Stratburst »

Hmm, what's with the cats with attitude?

First we had Camus from Cool Cat Studio, then there was Charles in Penny and Aggie, now we have the bad-tempered cat in Menage a 3. Bit of a cliché, hmm? :?:
"This is a sex farce, people. There's going to be a certain-amount of bed-hopping going on. If that really disturbs anyone, then my advice to them is to stick to Family Circle and Garfield." - Oarboar

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Well, for starters, I like cats :)

In my view, most cats have attitude. I've yet to see a cat without it in a comic strip. So I guess, yeah, it's a cliché. However, to be fair, Camus (CCS) was pretty much only nasty to Jeremy and not the others. Zii has stated that Lita hates everyone. Charles (P&A) has never really shown attitude as per say (unless you count his expression which is pretty typical of a cat) and has been seen twice I believe. So, he was never really developed.

What to me is not cliche with Lita is that she's female. Most cats in comics are males. The female cats I've known are quite different from the males. So I hope I can show this a bit but you still don't know how important she'll be to the strip, so wait a bit and see how it plays out :)

over9000

Post by over9000 »

Wow, how rude of that chick to not mention she has a cat.
And how feminine of Gary to put up with it.
*witty signature to show how clever I am goes here*

over9000

Post by over9000 »

Wow, how rude of that chick to not mention she has a cat.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

The fact that Gary's allergic to cats was called already, but I'm thinking on the fact that Zii has a van. That's not terribly common for a college age person... unless they're a musician and they provide the transportation for their band. Which considering the hip and artsy way Zii dresses, is possible.

It also means that Gary may have been lured in by the cute butt, but he might have to deal with bandmates on top of a grumpy cat that he's allergic to. 8-)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Lady Pyro

Post by Lady Pyro »

It would have been a bit more courteous if she'd mentioned the cat beforehand, but I get the strange impression that's just not how she rolls.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I may be mistaken but I seen to remember a post somewhere stateing the the Zii character was at least loosely based on Miss Gisele herself. Thusly, in part, a cat loving rocker girl. One, Miss Gisele great comic. The script is interesting and the art is, as always, excellent and lovely to look at.

Oh and Tachash: The movie is Mammoth. A amusingly cheesy "monster" flick they ran on TV 2 or 3 years ago. It was almost one of those old style "so-bad-it's-good" movies but, Hey, two words: Summer Glau. The end. Now, where's my cookie? :P
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

For whatever reason, I'm just convinced that Zii has a girlfriend.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

over9000

Post by over9000 »

aishabe wrote:For whatever reason, I'm just convinced that Zii has a girlfriend.

I'm with you on this one. Because it would be like ZOMG MOAR GAY SECKS!!! and that would be... bohemien and....Canadian?

Kansas

Post by Kansas »

I miss my old cat, Renzo. He was a nice cat.

Omellette

Post by Omellette »

over9000 wrote:
aishabe wrote:For whatever reason, I'm just convinced that Zii has a girlfriend.

I'm with you on this one. Because it would be like ZOMG MOAR GAY SECKS!!! and that would be... bohemien and....Canadian?
That's one reason to move there...

;-)
"T'is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -- Abraham Lincoln (among others)

poo-poo-face

Post by poo-poo-face »

haha I have a feeling Gary and Lita will have many encounters.

Gary: I think I'll watch some TV now. *goes to living room only to find Lita getting comfortable on the remote*
Gary: Now if you could just move a lit-
Lita: HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! *scratch hiss scratch*
Gary: On second thought, I don't really feel in a TV-watching mood.. *show Gary with hives all over*

lol. I can just imagine a strip like that. :lol:
i like cheese.

Rognik

Post by Rognik »

over9000 wrote:Wow, how rude of that chick to not mention she has a cat.
Not feminine, spineless. And speaking as one of the spineless, this is more or less how this sort of relationship would develop. So expect Gary to be rolled on several times.