Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Odd Man Out

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

Post by Odd Man Out »

Robert Nowall wrote:Here's what happened. I click on the Kickstarter link, and up comes a page with all the data on it. (Congratulations!) I click on "Back This Project." I enter $20 US (I'm good for it) and "no reward." I click on "Continue to Next Step." And I get "Sign Up---Log In With Facebook." That's where I draw the line, so to speak.

I'll buy the book when it's available to the general public.
Signing Up for Kickstarter or using your Facebook ID to handle it are separate options. I've backed half a dozen projects without FaceBook.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Next ($60k) stretch goal's apparently a Didi figurine...

...uh... yeah. Okay.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Might not be for you, Zippy but we've been asked about making some in the past, so we'll give it a shot. Ideally, we'd do Gary and Zii as well but each one will cost a fair amount of money to do, so one at a time here.

The figurines that Gensen makes are really nice, so it would be fun if we could make it happen. http://www.hk-gensen.com/index.htm

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Oh, I believe there's demand (even if, as I'll admit, I'm not a figurine guy). It's the panty-flashing skirt that took me from "whatever" to "Really?".

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

I gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan of the skirt either. If only because I would have to hide it from my husband and anyone who comes over. Admitting I read a naughty comic at 30 years old is not my agenda. Haha. I would probably buy a Zii though if that goes through!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I guess one has to put it in the context of the sort of "collectible" statuettes one can see in the display cases in big branches of Forbidden Planet or whatever. Assorted horror movie monsters flashing their four-foot fangs, Power Girl in all her glory... Someone who collected those would hardly worry about DiDi showing her characteristic level of wardrobe control. And in the end, it's just Ms. Fanservice being Ms. Fanservice.

It's not on my shopping list either, though, I admit.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

The panties won't show as much as on the drawing. They're showing here 'cause, well, it needs to be clear she's wearing something under that skirt. This is a rough sketch, and once we see the prototype, we'll know more how to make that skirt work.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm quite disappointed to discover, via Google, that although there are collectible "Marilyn Monroe in Seven Year Itch" figures around, none of them seem to be flashing any knicker.

Of the "Barbie as Seven Year Itch Marilyn" limited edition, we will not speak.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Giz wrote:The panties won't show as much as on the drawing. They're showing here 'cause, well, it needs to be clear she's wearing something under that skirt. This is a rough sketch, and once we see the prototype, we'll know more how to make that skirt work.
Hmmmm, that's a good point... Can't have people thinking they're buying a figure of DiDi going commando. ;)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Given the stuff that I have on my shelves. . .I think explaining that I read a rather risque comic is the least of my concerns. In fact, Ma3 is a lot less risque than one of my other regularly read comics.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well, seems like the figurine, panties and all is going ahead - it's now at $60.1k.

*suddenly wonders about the bounce margin they've got*

I just remembered being at a convention panel a while back where a company were talking about their successful Kickstarter, where they had an $80k (US) target, raised $125k, which after 8% fees should have been $115k, but they actually got $100k - the $15k difference being rubber.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have to admit that I am not going to be getting the figurine, or probably most of the bonus materials due to money. Oh well.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I've just added $48 to my backing to get the eight PDFs in addition to my basic option. Is there any way to indicate that on the system, or do I just have to wait until the Kickstarter ends and then note the fact when I'm asked for specific requirements?
---------
Spidrift

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Correct, you mention your add-ons at survey time. :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fair enough - thanks.
---------
Spidrift