17-06-14 Keeping my hands to myself - end of vol 6

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

17-06-14 Keeping my hands to myself - end of vol 6

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/keep ... _end_vol_6

Still working on getting book 6 ready for sale. Shouldn't be too long. :)

Milnoc

Re: 17-06-14 Keeping my hands to myself - end of vol 6

Post by Milnoc »

Please make it happen! :ympray:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

At which, I will simply scrap all pretensions at cynicism, romanticism, or enlightenment, and simply go "Woohoo" and tell Gary to get the hell on with it. Sandra and Zii won't mind, kid. And it's nice to see somebody's plan coming together in the simplest fashion. And hopefully, fortunately, given Giz and Dave's usual allergy to the tired old sexual frustration gag, something - the obvious thing - will actually happen here.

Though it occurs to me that Kiley and DiDi are presumably in the next room to Gary's. Interesting interleaving sound effects follow?

Longer-term thought; some of these recent events almost feel like a lot of long-term plots being wrapped up. You could almost convince me that volume 7 will be the last. On the other hand, some other major strands clearly have a lot of life left in them. Are we looking at a fairly substantial reconfiguration of the story dynamic, at least?

Oh yeah, and we note that the volume bookend strips no longer bother featuring any of the same characters. Okay, noted for future years.

(This strip also has implications for current events in SDB - the two comics have got slightly out of synch. Another post on that board follows.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And so the bookend has 2 characters in the same position as the volume began, but the dialogue is different.

Gary went home alone, but not for long and certainly this is probably the best outcome he could imagine.

That being said this is a bit of a jump into the future. We already know Dillon is going through some drama in Sticky Dilly Buns, but it looks like it's going to be rough if he's at home crying. I feel worse for Ruby who's probably going to be stuck with that mess. At least she won't have to share a bed for the time being.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. Assuming that everything goes okay here, if anybody ever describes Gary as a "butt monkey" ever again, I will personally reach through the screen and smash their face into the nearest concrete pillar.

Comments on Dillon and Ruby will go to the SDB boards.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Excuse me while I do my Happy Dance. Back in a moment. \:d/ :ymparty: \M/

Okay I'm back. I danced for two reasons, one, I have now learned that Dillon's crappy plans will NOT work out in his favor, about damn time. Two should be obvious, Gary and Amber FINALLY getting together again (though it's probably only been a few months comic time since their last encounter). Amber gets her Swirly, and Gary gets the benefit of Amber's experience. Yep, Gary's butt monkey status is officially over; it really started leaving when Yuki dumped him, though I was a bit worried that it had returned when Sonya dumped him shortly afterward. But then Senna showed up...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

brasca

Post by brasca »

I agree completely about Dillon. Given his designs over Gary he's no better than Angel's designs over Jerzy. Perfect example of projection. That being said Dillon did teach him the swirly-girl-round albeit for kissing no oral sex purposes so he deserves some credit for that even it was ultimately self serving.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Amber gets her Swirly, and Gary gets the benefit of Amber's experience. Yep, Gary's butt monkey status is officially over; it really started leaving when Yuki dumped him, though I was a bit worried that it had returned when Sonya dumped him shortly afterward. But then Senna showed up...
Gary's "butt monkey" status was always at least as much of his own making as it was actual cosmic doom. Really, it ended in strip #4. The rest has just been him being slow to collect on his winning ticket.

("A lucky draw might bring about a man's elevation to the council of the magi or the imprisonment of his enemy (secret, or known by all to be so), or might allow him to find, in the peaceful dimness of his room, the woman who would begin to disturb him, or whom he had never hoped to see again; an unlucky draw: mutilation, dishonor of many kinds, death itself.")

I guess the actual interesting question now is how well these two get (it) on. Amber has always known that Gary was inexperienced and a bit nerdy, and has an admirably practical attitude to sex; as several of us have said, she may be the best person to help him through his 43-second problem. But we'll see.
brasca wrote:That being said Dillon did teach him the swirly-girl-round albeit for kissing no oral sex purposes so he deserves some credit for that even it was ultimately self serving.
Not believing in karma or cosmic justice cuts both ways. Dillon isn't getting what he "deserves" for his stupidity, and doesn't "deserve" anything for his role in the history of the swirly. It's all just the shit that happens.

(Unless the Administrators of the Lottery are at work, of course.)
---------
Spidrift

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Well, I thought that the whole concert thing was a bit anti climatic. We didn't get to see the girls after the show. No Jung, no Eric. Just a contrived book end...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don't be too hasty to assume. Gary has headed home after the set finished, and Amber decided to chase after him after Dillon said he vonted do be alloon. But at the very least, the band would have to pack up and get changed - and the odds are that there'll be a fair bit going on backstage. Assuming Gary didn't take forever to get home, the events of today's strip could easily be simultaneous with all sorts of stuff back at the club -- never mind if the girls head out for a celebration drink afterwards or something.
---------
Spidrift

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i imagine that the post-game show is going to be happening over at SDB.
Yet still, I live...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

if it works out for Amber and Gary(at least for tonite) I am happy

we shall see

as someone said, Kiley and Didi are there too
ImageImage

majek
BANNED

Post by majek »

:ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: Let him have a fun night before it all goes to hell again. %%-

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Hey, it's the enteirety of the strip of the beginning of the volume which is reprised. Wasnt'it just the last panels the other times ?
I just loooooooove Amber's last line. It's so fresh and natural. Wish some girls in my life would have been that clear, I wouldn't have missed so much opportunities.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

BTW

looks like Gary was looking at Zii with admiration a few strips back, as he said in this strip that Ziii looked so pretty

and bambikles

sometimes is pretty much the whole panels that "look similar"(but not necessarily exact ), but sometimes is just last panel or 2
ImageImage