Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by samtheman »

Giz wrote: We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it.
So no Grand Finale then? No big late game plot twists?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 am
Well, not exactly SDB entirely, but by mixing in more of the (then retired) Ma3 cast... specifically Zii and Gary? Zii is in the yaoi club, and Gary could start drawing it? Or maybe Yuki has an epiphany for a yaoi comic and gets inserted in that way?
Zii certainly has a role in SDB; Gary, less so. Anyhow, I'm afraid that Gary has never been much more than a personality-free dork, so I don't see what he'd contribute to SDB. The advantage for the writers in switching to spin-off comics like SDB or SotR is that they can dump the stuff that weighs Ma3 down at this point - and Gary has long since become a dead weight.

If the only way to save SDB was to lumber it with much Gary, it wouldn't be worth saving. But then, if the Pixietrix crew wanted to write the Gary Show, they could just carry on writing Ma3.
samtheman wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:15 am
Giz wrote: We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it.
So no Grand Finale then? No big late game plot twists?
A full volume is plenty of space for finales and twists.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Spidrift wrote: A full volume is plenty of space for finales and twists.
But then the final act of the comic would still feel a bit rushed especially with all the subplots that will probably remain unresolved. A lot of fictional stories are guilty of that in that the ending is rushed and the story is ended abruptly with little to no epilogue. The only example I can think of when that doesn't occur in fiction is with The Lord Of The Rings.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh God does LotR show why a writer should sometimes shut up and stop writing...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, it's no big deal, but the link picture from the other Pixietrix comics hasn't been updated for a few days.
---------
Spidrift

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 am
Oh God does LotR show why a writer should sometimes shut up and stop writing...
Tell that to Tolkien fans (including me), i wouldn't mind if we got more of his Legendarium (if there's anything left to publish)...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that there's an ink-stained bus ticket in the pocket of an old suit of his somewhere in Oxford.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Giz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:01 pm
samtheman wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 pm
Is the comic still on track for 12 volumes? And do you plan on having some kind of Grand Finale for the comic when the time comes?
We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it. This doesn't mean we'll never do anything with these characters again though. We have ideas for one shots and what not. We might also do mini series about specific characters. We'll see though. Oddly enough, whenever I get back to Sticky Dilly Buns, that series might continue past Ma3.
If it meant continuing Sticky Dilly Buns beyond its last volume I would love that idea. As much as I've liked Menage a 3 it's best to conclude it while it's still good, but there's still plenty of stories that can be told with the many additional cast members. I'd even be willing to wait until Menage a 3 ends before Sticky Dilly Buns starts up again even though that wouldn't be until 2018.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

So is volume 10 confirmed to be the final volume? And if it is the final volume will you continue Dillon's comic after Menage a 3 finishes?

Mystara

RSS Feeds

Post by Mystara »

I'm not certain where to post this or whom to contact. However since a change a few months back I have been waiting for the RSS Feeds to be fixed.

As of this writing, the following comics RSS Feeds do not work/are invalid:

Sandra on the Rocks
Dangerously Chloe
Sticky Dilly Buns
Eerie Cuties

The following RSS Feed does work

Menage a 3

I am begging that these be fixed as I do not have a lot of time to check each page daily for updates, so getting them all in a single location helps immensely. As I would absolutely hate to miss out on something new.

Thank you so much, and again I apologize if this is not the correct location for this.

Merged here.

Though I guess this question has been posted several times...

The DAMNed

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Ok, my first question is about that second gender flipped story. Is that going to be in volume nine, ten, or published as a standalone?
My next question is more of a statement really. I want to say that while I'm sad at the thought of Ma3 ending, I've enjoyed the ride since the start, and I can respect any reasons for ending it. That being said, I'm curious as to what is going to happen after that. Are you going to leave the webcomic scene for awhile and focus on other things? Are you going to return to some of the other projects you've put on the backburner? (Eerie Cuties, SDB, ect) Or are you going to start something entirely new? Can you give us some ideas? Thanks

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

I've been thinking about where I could put those Kickstarter stories like the second gender-flipped one. More than likely, I'll add it in the last volume, so Ma3 volume 10 might end up a tad thicker.

Right now, my plan is to end Ma3 with volume 10 and SDB with a thicker volume 2. Volume 9 of Ma3 is in the can and a Kickstarter for that will go up in March/April (with vol 3 of SOTR, which might end up being the last volume of SOTR). This coming January, I plan on dropping Ma3 to 2 updates a week and update SDB 1 a week. I seem to be able to handle 3 updates a week while still doing other outside work. That will bring the completion of volume 10 of Ma3 and volume 2 of SDB around January 2019. We'll do another Kickstarter at that point, which will include DC vol 3 (which will more than likely be the last volume of DC.) So yeah, around January 2019 (14-15 months from now,) all series that are running now will have ended.

I can't speak for everyone at Pixie Trix but I assume everyone is planning for what's next. Ad money is in the shitter, and it's not just us. Everyone is feeling it. I'm still unsure as to where webcomics are going at this point. I'm impressed by Webtoons, so you might see some of us go there with new projects. Again, still unsure here. It's something we'll be discussing in 2018. More than likely, we'll keep doing Pixie Trix related mini series or what not that we think people will be interested in. How we fund these is to be determined.

People who think I'm making the big bucks 'cause I did some gigs at Archie/IDW/Dynamite are sadly mistaken. Most people in comics aren't making the big bucks. I laugh when I hear someone say "oh, she works for Archie, she's fine." They don't seem to realize that I'm freelance. I get a gig there maybe every 2 years, and it's like 20 pages worth... so that's like a month salary at best. Try living 24 months on that. And the same goes for IDW/Dynamite, etc. Just 'cause an artist is working for a publisher, it means nothing. For a freelancer to survive, gigs need to show up on a monthly basis. They rarely do.

Webcomics have been good to me. I'm one of the lucky ones who has been able to make an okay living off of it for years. With that said, it's not what it was. Me accepting gigs outside of webcomics clearly shows that. It's probably a good thing for me though as I'll be able to explore and try new things, like the upcoming Exorsisters series I'm doing with Ian Boothby. I'm very excited about that.

So yeah... Ma3 (and other Pixie Trix series) might be ending, but I'm not done with comics. I'm one of the crazy ones who keeps doing them for whatever reason! ;)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Speaking as someone who likes the quality of your art, I'm glad to hear it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I have to say that right now, the question I really want answered is the status of the volume 8 Kickstarter. I know that the books are on sale as PDFs, and some people received print copies weeks ago, but some of us have been left twiddling our thumbs in a vacuum of information.
Giz wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 pm
This coming January, I plan on dropping Ma3 to 2 updates a week and update SDB 1 a week.
Obviously, being a hopeless SDB fanboy, I can't dislike that. A full volume 3 of the comic would be even nicer, but some resolution of the big hanging plot strands would be much better than nothing.
I can't speak for everyone at Pixie Trix but I assume everyone is planning for what's next. Ad money is in the shitter, and it's not just us. Everyone is feeling it. I'm still unsure as to where webcomics are going at this point.
I know it's been asked before, and I'm sorry if it's a boring pointless question, but have you looked at Patreon? Every month, I see a chunk of my cash go out to a bunch of webcomics which I like, but not as much as I like SDB or Ma3.

Anyway, good luck. I'll be very sorry to see the Ma3 universe fade out, but I'll continue to watch developments with interest.
---------
Spidrift

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Did you message me in Kickstarter about the status of your reward? I know I'm not done yet with all of them but yours may have shipped. This has turned out to be the most complicated Kickstarter I've ever done. No reward is identical. Everyone took the opportunity to add something. What that means is that we can't do orders in batches. It's all one by one, weigh it, fill out the custom form... a nightmare. We're lucky when we get 20 packages out in a day, and we had over 1000 to do. But we're nearing the end. Again, message me, it may have been shipped.

As for Patreon, I may look into it but it won't change my mind on ending Ma3 for instance. But for future stuff, it's a possibility. :)