Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Final_Cataclsym

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by Final_Cataclsym »

Been meaning to ask this for awhile, what's the situation with the next printed book/Kickstarter? Are you guys waiting for other series to have a break point to put out multiple books at once or are you unable to print more books currently? Didn't see this asked anywhere, so I figured I might as well. Thanks for the reply.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Just been too busy with outside work to get to it. Plan right now is to do it in February. :)
(It's also better to do it earlier in the year vs later in the year for tax reasons.)

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Any news on when that MA3 genderbend story is coming out? I'm looking forward to it

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

It's all done, really. I just need to ink one page and ink a few little things on others. I really wanted to have it out a few months ago but I ended up being super busy, and having a hard time to keep up with both the webcomic and the freelance work. January should be a tiny bit more relaxed, and I'll try to get to it.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Hi Giz. Enjoy your comics. I'm just wondering something about Ma3. Will it ever go back to being about Gary, Zii, and Didi? Seems like we haven't seen Zii in ages and I can't remember the last time the 3 interacted together which is kinda disappointing because I liked it when it was those 3.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Yeah why hasn't Zii been featured in any story arcs for a while? And wasn't Dillon supposed to make a guest appearance too? I'd much rather see Amber or even better see Ruby make a guest appearance.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

Here is a kind of meta-question. Since Eerie Cuties exists as an in-universe comic in Ma3 (based on the Otakuthon convention Gary and Kiley went to), but the recent wrestler characters also "happen to look a lot like EC characters", are they aware of each other? That is, is the in-universe EC comic inspired by the in-universe wrestlers, or are the wrestlers all big fans of the in-universe comic so that they took their character inspirations from it? Or is it all coincidence, as far as the in-universe logic goes?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

as much as Alexis Bliss looks like Harlequin but is NOT harlequin in some cases? like maybe the wonder twins are not portraying witches?

while in others it might be inspired on them ( the night sisters obviously )
ImageImage

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

I tend to see a slipshine ad when visiting the webpage*, and always see an image of a couple that look strangely like Didi and Nathan. Is that deliberate, does the artist work for slipshine and Ma3? Just curious.

*Just want to point out the irony of not being able to get ads for a comic with nipples, but an ad for hentai is totally acceptable. I guess the one paying the ads doesn't mind as long as they're not paying for competition as well as ad space.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

From where I've seen Slipshine ads, I think as long as the ads themselves are G-rated, and the page they immediately link to is G-rated (I think it's a bikini-clad fairy next to a disclaimer?), it's fine.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Giz wrote:Just been too busy with outside work to get to it. Plan right now is to do it in February.
Giz wrote:It's all done, really. I just need to ink one page and ink a few little things on others. I really wanted to have it out a few months ago but I ended up being super busy, and having a hard time to keep up with both the webcomic and the freelance work. January should be a tiny bit more relaxed, and I'll try to get to it.
Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don't make them turn this comic around and go home. Because they'll do it. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Spidrift wrote:Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet?
Check your Kickstarter updates! :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I just did - many thanks!
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

mrar

Post by mrar »

Why are all the guys in Ma3 'white'? :-\
(except Yuki's father [for obvious reasons] and maybe Jung [can't really tell though, only clue is his name]...and I think I saw a black kid in one strip in the background at the comic store)

There seems to be a lot of variation with the women, white, asian, black, brazilian transwoman, maybe indian (that nurse friend)...also Sonya appeared mixed-race this whole time but then on one of the genderswapped strips she's turned into just another white guy, so maybe she's not.

Hell, even hair colour--there are female blondes and brunettes and redheads and black hair and dyed and curly and straight and short and long and shaved and so forth...but the guys all seem to have either black hair or blonde, and mostly straight hair. I think Damien is the only one I've noticed with brown hair.

It would be nice to see some more variation with the guys. :-bd maybe get a ginger in there, a black guy, a transman ...mix it up a little. :AR! arrr