Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

theterik

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by theterik »

Just want to add a voice to the idea of using patreon to show more R-rated content. For (as an example) $5/month you can see uncensored versions of all this comics (once you hit a certain pledge level). I would definitely be behind this because I agree that the strategic placement of blankets and guitars and things breaks the flow of the comic for me.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

They could do that. I just wonder how much they have to redo. I saw a deviant art account yesterday with a patreon. Artist draws a lot of female video game characters, and has two versions. A nude nsfw version, and then the same image after he added a layer for their outfit, clothes, etc. The latter is free, the former you get if you pledge $5 to their patreon.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I wouldn't say it breaks the flow of the comic, it works depending on the gag in the strip.

CardinalX

Post by CardinalX »

A Patreon is something I would support as well.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Minusminus

Post by Minusminus »

I have been a long-time fan without any real reason to post (other than to say "thanks!"). The censorship thing has really bothered me for a long while, though, and I'm even more bothered to see that advertisers are influencing your decisions in your art. To be clear, I totally understand your position, and why you've needed to resort to creative nipple-hiding to keep them from (indirectly) censoring you.

For what it's figuratively and literally worth, I would also strongly support you if you started a Patreon account. I make my small monthly contribution to one other artist, and from what I can see all the Patreon support has really changed his life around. He was able to post much more frequently (his comic features extremely detailed large panels), hire someone to manage his affairs and he didn't have to resort to book publishing and wallpapers/shirts anymore. He seems a hell of a lot less stressed than he was for years before. Best of all, he didn't have to put together a ton of kickstarter-style prizes/incentives to do it. I think you make a great comic and could pull off the same thing.

I also want for you and any artist out there to be able to create whatever you like, and give the finger to advertising networks and outdated, misogynistic double standards (#freethecomicnipple).

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Would definitely support a patreon if that allowed more adult content.

Drahauk

Post by Drahauk »

Hey, just got a bit of a burning curiosity here. I know it's trying to read ahead but I must know - is there any chance at all for Gary and Yuki to end up back together?

Also just something that's kinda stuck out to me a fair bit - the cast descriptions kinda need a dramatic overhaul seeing as on there it's describing Zii and Erik as being together.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

most of us think if Gary ends with Yuki, it will be most likely a Gary-Yuki-Zii Triad with maybe 1 to 3 more girls added (take your pick(s), in order of likelihood as of right now; Sonya, Kiley, Peggy, Didi, Amber, Izzy, Sandra, other character )

about cast

Giz wants to, but does not know how to put new one in
ImageImage

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Drahauk wrote:Hey, just got a bit of a burning curiosity here. I know it's trying to read ahead but I must know - is there any chance at all for Gary and Yuki to end up back together?
Do you really think the writers are going to tell us whether or not Gary and Yuki will get back together?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Drahauk wrote:Also just something that's kinda stuck out to me a fair bit - the cast descriptions kinda need a dramatic overhaul seeing as on there it's describing Zii and Erik as being together.
Time was when the state of the Cast Page was a perpetual subject of nagging on these boards. These days, when it isn't even up to date with the version in the last print volume from a year ago, I think that Pixietrix have given up trying to maintain it.

Actually, one would think that that's a job they could hand off to a volunteer, similarly to moderating the boards.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Drahauk

Post by Drahauk »

samtheman wrote:
Drahauk wrote:Hey, just got a bit of a burning curiosity here. I know it's trying to read ahead but I must know - is there any chance at all for Gary and Yuki to end up back together?
Do you really think the writers are going to tell us whether or not Gary and Yuki will get back together?
I wasn't asking for a definite answer, I was just asking if there's a chance. I'm rooting for them, so sue me

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and as I said, most people think(not wish) that is most likely the triad of Zii-Gary-Yuki with Sonya from time to time knocking in
ImageImage

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

When is book 7 going to become available on Gumroad?

ryogamrp

Post by ryogamrp »

Was not sure if this should have been a character post or if it would go here since it is also a question for Giz ane Dave. It has been a while since we have seen Senna in the comic. Is she going to make a reappearance at any point? I liked her as a character and would like to see her come back and maybe trying to woo Gary again or maybe she will be a social butterfly and set her sightss on someone else like Sonya or Didi.

Thanks

Johnny Wendigo

Post by Johnny Wendigo »

Hey! Why is last tuesday episode been erased?