Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by Giz »

Tau neutrino, I don't think Zii is that hooked on nicotine to need e-cigarettes. She smokes on occasion. Not hooked by any means.

trlkky, since we both speak French at home, it's safe to say that we pronounce 3 as "trois" but we won't kill anyone for saying "three." I have no preference per say. I think Dave is more bothered by it than me, and prefers "trois." As for "ménage," it's closer to the "menagerie" way of saying it when we say it in French, but I've seen myself say the "muh-Nahzh" when pronouncing it in English, so go figure! lol

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Giz wrote:Tau neutrino, I don't think Zii is that hooked on nicotine to need e-cigarettes. She smokes on occasion. Not hooked by any means.
It's not just nicotine delivery, some people prefer them to regular cigarettes for smoking because they're less harsh and have different flavors. I was wondering if Zii had hopped on the trend.

Back in John Byrne's Alpha Flight, he had an issue set in Montreal (with Aurora and Northstar, the French-Canadian twins). A letter writer commented on how its European style contrasted with the usual depictions of Canada. Is there any depiction of Montreal in the comics that stands out to you, for good or bad?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Zii had hopped on trend? or you mean Giz will decide to make her character hop into the trend?
ImageImage

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

It was mentioned that the story is getting closer to a conclusion with the Didi wrestling arc and Izz's introduction but what about Gary's side of the story? Is he going to end up with one of the women in his life or not?

ruthielowe

Post by ruthielowe »

Giz wrote:Ask us questions in this thread if you want to be sure we don't miss it ;)

Hi, just recently joined the forum! Really enjoying your works. I also kind of just started reading and am curious, where you get your inspirations into making this comic? Thanks. :)

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

samtheman, I've said before that we want a happy ending. :)

Welcome, ruthielowe! I guess our biggest influence is Rumiko Takahashi, but we both like to read funny stuff. I guess it comes from everywhere? At this point though, the characters have history, and we have to play with that. Not always easy, but we try our best!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Giz wrote:samtheman, I've said before that we want a happy ending. :)
Considering the massive protests the current arc is inducing, I'm starting to get the feeling there may be two different definitions of a "happy ending" applicable here. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

lot of people is expecting Gary living happy ever after with Zii, Sonya, Yuki, Didi and Kiley(maybe add 2 or 3 more)

I think it will be just Zii, Yuki and Sonya while Didi gets Kiley, that bastard guy Matt and Roxie
ImageImage

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Thanks for the answer but I'm going to take said answer with a huge grain of salt.

DayoftheDead

Post by DayoftheDead »

Hi Dave / Giz,

I noticed there's a Slipshine ad with what looks like new art with Didi.

Is this new MA3 content on Slipshine or older content? If older, where is it found - there's no MA3 post on the slipshine directory.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

That image is actually old. It was a short story that ran on Slipshine back in 2009-2010 I think. We've printed it as bonus content in one of the books. I believe book 2.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If it's the "DiDi the Assassin" story, that's in Book 3.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

AmiKobayashi

Post by AmiKobayashi »

wiseguy wrote:lot of people is expecting Gary living happy ever after with Zii, Sonya, Yuki, Didi and Kiley(maybe add 2 or 3 more)

I think it will be just Zii, Yuki and Sonya while Didi gets Kiley, that bastard guy Matt and Roxie
In my humble opinion, endgame will be made of couples, not many-somes.

I bet on Gary/Zii. I'm sure Gary and Zii will eventually fall in love. I've been persuaded of this since the very first strips in 2008. Je dirais même plus: c'est mon opinion et je la partage. :p

As for the others, Sonya/Yuki and Kiley/DiDi (after Kiley realizes she's a closeted bisexual big-boob-lover) are my choices. Matt, I have no clue. (Senna perhaps?) Roxie, I can't tell, I feel I don't know enough of her yet.

Anyway, this are just guesses. Giz and Dave have surprised me in the past with unexpected twists, and I luv when that happens, hehe. So... time will tell.
Don Alexander wrote:
Considering the massive protests the current arc is inducing, I'm starting to get the feeling there may be two different definitions of a "happy ending" applicable here. :P
Do-o-on, what are you saying? Shikarishite yo, mou. A few whiners are not a massive protest, not by any stretch. :))

I wonder about differences in definitions. Me, I'd say a "happy ending" is one that makes the reader happy... but of course some readers are picky about what makes them happy and what doesn't. It's a pity there aren't many who, as I do, can proudly state in their sig: "I don't understand readers who write that they LOATHED this or that development and that they DEMAND this or that thing to happen. Me, I love watching the story unfold, that's all. Let the authors do what they want; I'm happy to go along for the ride."

Don't you wish all forumites were like me? ;))

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

Just read about your return from Calgary. Being in an exhausted state is awful, you need to show yourself some self-love and rest lots when that sort of thing happens. Okay? The faithful readers say: always take care of yourself.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

AmiKobayashi wrote:Do-o-on, what are you saying? Shikarishite yo, mou. A few whiners are not a massive protest, not by any stretch. :))
And yet that's exactly your perspective of the thread to the comic where Gary lost his virginity...
AmiKobayashi wrote:Don't you wish all forumites were like me? ;))
But then you'd be just like everyone else, and not a unique snowflake anymore. ;;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)