Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by Spidrift »

Kickstarter message sent, thanks.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Additional edit to Giz's Facebook post.
EDIT: I just want to add here that we're not ending Ma3 because of money reasons. It was always planned to be about 10 (or 12 max) volumes long. I'm also aware of Patreon, and may go that route in the future, but it's not something I'm considering for MA3 right now. Basically, it wouldn't make me change my mind here. Other Pixie Trix properties however ARE ending because of the money situation with ads, but again, like I said above, if said people decide to continue it by finding ways to fund it, I won't stop them.
Would people be interested in funding by Patreon?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Giz says she won’t use Patreon to keep the current Pixietrix titles going. Therefore, talking about doing so would be pointless and rude.

Other projects, I’d judge on their own merits, which are unknown as yet. I already support a clutch of Webcomics via Patreon, so of course I’m not allergic to it.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

But if SotR and DC are ending because of money issues, Patreon is a way to save them, at least until they get a proper ending and not a cancellation, and since both comics are run by Dave and none of them are drawn by Giz, i guess my pledge is this:

Dave, if you consider Patreon for SotR and DC I will support it. Just think about it :D

Giz, you mentioned miniseries or short stories for the Ma3 characters, will all those stories be outside the current Ma3 timeline like the Zombie Ma3 comic? or they can also be following up some characters in the current timeline?
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Is Kiley going to return during the final volume?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

rogermart, in regards to future Ma3 stories, it could be both outside and inside the current timeline.
samtheman, yup, Kiley will return before we wrap up this volume.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Huzzah!
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Giz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 am
samtheman, yup, Kiley will return before we wrap up this volume.
Let me guess, she'll return but only for a strip or two near the end of the volume. :p

Mystara

Post by Mystara »

I just wanted to follow up with the RSS issue. It seems to be fixed now. Thank you. Much love to you for the work you do!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

When SDB went on hold, there was a plotline involving Zii and Angel. In the time since, their circumstances and likely interactions have changed quite a bit in Ma3. When SDB comes back, will they be interacting much there? And will their circumstances be as they were a couple of years ago, or as they are now?
---------
Spidrift

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

*sniff* Zii is sho shad right now... I hope she gets perky again soon...
here's a drawing I reconstructed/Photoshopped to remind us of Zii's happy times:

I call it 'Zii at her finest'
:p

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

When is Dillon's comic returning this month?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Probably a little later in the month. I'd like to be closer to strip #1400 in Ma3 before starting.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to Dillon's comic returning later in the month. As for Ma3, I'll come back to it in a month or two.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

Hi. A common worry in the MA3 forums is that we are “running out of strips”. The overall worry is that major loose ends will be either tied up in a rush, or not at all. There is talk of b–plots, “wasted” strips, filler...

I am sure you have your plans, and that no strip is a waste, but I need to know. If you see the need, would you consider making the final volume a few strips longer, if that's what it took? Not to please us fans, but to finish telling the story you want to tell?