Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Mishuun

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by Mishuun »

Dave Zero1 wrote:
Mishuun wrote: Dave sounds more like a Stereotypical artist name to me, oddly.
To be Fair, I am an artist...
Oh, well, so it stands true then, heh. And I can only imagine, that must be something interesting. Well, you're doing a great job, have me reading. the both of you. I hope it stays fun, I love the comic, and I rather enjoy talking to the two of you, as far as talking can be described, heh.

Jintor

Post by Jintor »

I'll ask the obvious question.

Is the title a reference to their situation, or does it get more... uh... um... PHYSICAL than that?

Man, I couldn't figure out a better way to innuendo that question. : /

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Jintor wrote:I'll ask the obvious question.

Is the title a reference to their situation, or does it get more... uh... um... PHYSICAL than that?

Man, I couldn't figure out a better way to innuendo that question. : /
Half the fun is finding out as you go ;)

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Have either of you seen the movie 'Threesome'? ;D

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Nathan Dorian wrote:Have either of you seen the movie 'Threesome'? ;D
Saw it way back when it came out. So it's been a while. I remember bits of it.

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

I think I "saw" the ending on scrambley Pay-per-view channel back in the day.

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Pssssh. You should both watch it from start to finish.

It is an amazing movie about roommates and the complications of being attracted to one another, along with the blurred lines of sexuality.

Gibby

Post by Gibby »

Got a question here. This may have been answered before, but I was too lazy to look for it.

I'm guessing you guys are from Montreal, are you not? If so, Hello, fellow quebeckers.

Have you guys done any comics before, or is this your first? I'd be willing to read your old stuff if there's a link.
And by the way, your comics so far remind me of the old Archies :D You have a similar style.

Good luck on your comic. I'll be reading :)

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Gibby wrote:Got a question here. This may have been answered before, but I was too lazy to look for it.

I'm guessing you guys are from Montreal, are you not? If so, Hello, fellow quebeckers.

Have you guys done any comics before, or is this your first? I'd be willing to read your old stuff if there's a link.
And by the way, your comics so far remind me of the old Archies :D You have a similar style.

Good luck on your comic. I'll be reading :)
Hi, Gibby

Dave was born in Sherbrooke but lives in Ottawa. He travels to Montreal a lot. I'm a New-Brunswicker, who lived in N-B, Shefferville, Montreal (5 years as a musician), Ottawa and now Gatineau. I still have friends in Montreal and live only 2 hours away. We're both bilingual but both studied in French.

Dave has done one webcomic before but very little updating on it. I'm pushing him to reboot that in the future. We'll see if he does it or not in time ;)

I have done 2 prior to this and I'm still working on them as we speak: http://www.coolcatstudio.com and http://www.pennyandaggie.com Cool Cat Studio I created way back in 2000, stopped in 2002 and rebooted it in 2007. I draw all of it but only wrote the first year or so until T Campbell joined me to write the series. Penny and Aggie is a co-creation with T Campbell for which I draw and he writes.

I came up with Menage a 3 and liked Dave's way of thinking so he joined me as co-writer. We could say that he's becoming a co-creator of the series as he brings lots of ideas for it. As for my art, it's always compared to Archie. I'm a big fan of Dan DeCarlo, especially his work from the late 60s and 70s.

Thank you for the kind wishes! :)

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Yes, I travel to Montreal a lot, My entire family lives there, so ever since I was a child it's been my second home, I love that City.

And yes I do have another webcomic (written and Drawn by me) that WILL be rebooted shortly, so until then be patient. It's coming.

Causality

Post by Causality »

Your advertising is kinda odd. I see a funny ad with boobs, so I figure "Hey, sexy humor, I should check that out." First comic, drawing of buttsex. Second comic, joke about buttsex. Third comic, another joke about buttsex. Who exactly is your target audience here?

Edit: Okay, just got to the last comic. The "Nerdy hot girl who's waaaaay too perfect" is a little played out, but okay. Last comic, in the form of stream of consciousness: "Hey, boobs! Yay!! Oh, and nipples too, nice. Holy f*cknuts that girl has a goatee! Wait, are those lips? Then I spent about five minutes trying to imagine how the upper lip could be wider than the lower one. The image I got in my head was that I was looking face-on at a girl with an enormous duckbill. That really killed the sexy.

I suppose I'll check back in a few weeks, see how things go.
Last edited by Causality on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Causality wrote:Your advertising is kinda odd. I see a funny ad with boobs, so I figure "Hey, sexy humor, I should check that out." First comic, drawing of buttsex. Second comic, joke about buttsex. Third comic, another joke about buttsex. Who exactly is your target audience here?
we target anyone that'll laugh or enjoy the stories,
Keep in mind It's still early in the strip.

Annikin

Post by Annikin »

Heya!

I'm not entirely sure where I remember pulling this from, but Montreal as "the finest bohemian city in North America?" is stuck in my mind. What's Montreal actually like? I'd like to move there one day. >_> If nothing else, I'm not a fan of the weather here in the American south. ^_^

Also, Ms. Legace, where do you find the time to do three comics and have them all update on time?

<3anni

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Annikin wrote:Also, Ms. Legace, where do you find the time to do three comics and have them all update on time?
I'm a little sketchy on the details, but I believe cloning is involved. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Annikin wrote:Heya!

I'm not entirely sure where I remember pulling this from, but Montreal as "the finest bohemian city in North America?" is stuck in my mind. What's Montreal actually like? I'd like to move there one day. >_> If nothing else, I'm not a fan of the weather here in the American south. ^_^

Also, Ms. Legace, where do you find the time to do three comics and have them all update on time?

<3anni
Montreal is a great city. It's a melting pot of various ethnicities living in harmony. It's a beautiful thing. Most people that live on the island are bilingual. Signage is French but it's easy to understand. It's a very artistic town and extremely open minded. It's certainly worth a visit :)

As for finding the time to do 3 comics and do freelance graphic design on the side? It's simple, I work all the time. CoolCatStudio is ending in July though, so that will make things easier for me for a while :)