Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by Giz »

Zx2-152 wrote:1. Is there any chance of eventually making DiDi plushies?
We do hope to get to do things like this eventually :)

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Bear wrote:I'm just wondering.... But what does Dave do for the comic? He's credited as the co-writer, so does he do all the scripts?

I'm just wondering as I don't want him to feel left out for his contributions when everyone is heaping the praise on Giz for her awesome artwork.
Dave and I work together on the story ideas and scripts. We actually work on a shared Google doc simultaneously. I see what he writes and he sees what I write. We chat at the same time via Yahoo Messenger and decide which ideas we like best and develop those. My strength is probably more structure and pacing as Dave's strength is definitely humor. He's good at turning a moderately funny strip into a much funnier one. His humor is a little bit more absurd as I tend to be more logical. We try to marry both but I let absurd win out most of the time ;) In regards to the drawings, I pretty much do everything but I will send pencils to Dave to hear his thoughts on them and if he thinks an expression could be improved upon. Dave can draw, so if he's got ideas he can sketch them out for me. Our styles are quite different, so if I like his idea for an expression, I then have to try and adapt it to my style. We both need to put our egos aside sometimes for the better of the strip. The end result is what matters. It has happened where we don't agree, so we try to come up with a compromise.

Zalansho

Post by Zalansho »

Ain't technology wonderful? :D

neko

Post by neko »

glagace wrote:
neko wrote:Just curious if an RSS feed is in the works. I love this comic, but I keep forgetting to check since I don't get updates in my feed reader.
There's an RSS logo and link in the bottom nav on the site. I'll try and make it more visible.

EDIT: added the RSS logo/link to the top nav as well :)
Oh! Odd, when I tried to add it in gReader, it claimed not to find an rss. Strange.

Thank you very much! Now I will never be late to another update. :D

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Hey Gisele,

I just discovered you and Dave's comic through Scott Kurtz' PvP site. LOVE the stuff you guys have been doing so far as well as getting to see this comic when it's still in it's first few months online.

G----Have you put up anything in your ComicSpace site lately? I've noticed that a lot of those pages have pretty much been at a standstill, and I have to admit I'm no exception to that trend.

Love the new strip! I'll try to submit something for the fan art page.

SBJ
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

glagace wrote:Dave and I work together on the story ideas and scripts. We actually work on a shared Google doc simultaneously. I see what he writes and he sees what I write. We chat at the same time via Yahoo Messenger and decide which ideas we like best and develop those. My strength is probably more structure and pacing as Dave's strength is definitely humor. He's good at turning a moderately funny strip into a much funnier one. His humor is a little bit more absurd as I tend to be more logical. We try to marry both but I let absurd win out most of the time ;) In regards to the drawings, I pretty much do everything but I will send pencils to Dave to hear his thoughts on them and if he thinks an expression could be improved upon. Dave can draw, so if he's got ideas he can sketch them out for me. Our styles are quite different, so if I like his idea for an expression, I then have to try and adapt it to my style. We both need to put our egos aside sometimes for the better of the strip. The end result is what matters. It has happened where we don't agree, so we try to come up with a compromise.
In regards this, a quick question, either to Dave or, depending on the answer, maybe to Dave by proxy of Giz. :) I se a lot of Giz and very little of Dave on the forums here, so here's my question - is he the sort of dude that prefers not to have a lot of attention directed at him, so he's happier with you getting all the questions and having to deal with the Zerg swarm (KEKEKEKEKE!)? I'm just wondering, because I was feeling bad for Dave and then realized that if I was doing something along these lines I'd really prefer to be left alone and let people admire the work without having to be distracted from making it (I'm only a semisocial person, myself).
Further affiant sayeth not.

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

It's not that I don't post much, it's more because there aren't as many Questions that are directed specificly to me. I also work a full time job, and so I normally can't answer questions that pop up during the day, which is why Giz is usually on top of them.

But I'll see what I can do in the future. ;)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Outstanding. I'll try to come up with as many questions as possible for you and, instead of dropping them all at you in bulk I'll drop one or two at irregular intervals, just to give you the perfect "obnoxious fanboy" feeling.

No, no. Don't thank me. I'm a giver. :D :lol:
Further affiant sayeth not.

Double-oh-Seven

Post by Double-oh-Seven »

Hi guys, I scanned the topic to make sure his hasn't been asked before, so I apoligize if I'm posting a repeat: anywho, I was wondering what kind of software you use for the comic, particularly for the tones. Photoshop?
>:D

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Double-oh-Seven wrote:Hi guys, I scanned the topic to make sure his hasn't been asked before, so I apoligize if I'm posting a repeat: anywho, I was wondering what kind of software you use for the comic, particularly for the tones. Photoshop?
I use Manga Studio for pretty much everything. Tones (and drawing) could easily be done in Photoshop too if you know the program well enough. Or you can do a search for a tutorial on it. I'm sure there are many out there. Manga Studio is fun 'cause the tones are premade.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Just curious as to how far in advance you make each strip? I'm sure you have a storyline mostly planned out for where you want the comic to go, but it would be interesting to know how much reader feedback reaches you in time to take into account for upcoming strips.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

midgetshrimp wrote:Just curious as to how far in advance you make each strip? I'm sure you have a storyline mostly planned out for where you want the comic to go, but it would be interesting to know how much reader feedback reaches you in time to take into account for upcoming strips.
Our scripts are written in advance. We have about a 2 months buffer but we'll sometimes tweak strips as we get to them. Art wise though, I draw the strip the day before its update.

Nameless616

Post by Nameless616 »

Awesome comic! You guys rock.Since DiDi looks way bigger then just a DD. How big of breast does she and Zii have?

thanks,

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Nameless616 wrote:Awesome comic! You guys rock.Since DiDi looks way bigger then just a DD. How big of breast does she and Zii have?

thanks,
Zii is probably an A or a small B. DiDi an F... or G even.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

glagace wrote:Our scripts are written in advance. We have about a 2 months buffer but we'll sometimes tweak strips as we get to them. Art wise though, I draw the strip the day before its update.
Oh wow, that's quite the buffer. I expected the art to be done a little more in advance, but that's really neat. It's like a comic bakery. Fresh from the studio.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?