Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: Ask Gisele and Dave Questions Here

Post by samtheman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:15 am

Giz wrote: We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it.
So no Grand Finale then? No big late game plot twists?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:02 am

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 am
Well, not exactly SDB entirely, but by mixing in more of the (then retired) Ma3 cast... specifically Zii and Gary? Zii is in the yaoi club, and Gary could start drawing it? Or maybe Yuki has an epiphany for a yaoi comic and gets inserted in that way?
Zii certainly has a role in SDB; Gary, less so. Anyhow, I'm afraid that Gary has never been much more than a personality-free dork, so I don't see what he'd contribute to SDB. The advantage for the writers in switching to spin-off comics like SDB or SotR is that they can dump the stuff that weighs Ma3 down at this point - and Gary has long since become a dead weight.

If the only way to save SDB was to lumber it with much Gary, it wouldn't be worth saving. But then, if the Pixietrix crew wanted to write the Gary Show, they could just carry on writing Ma3.
samtheman wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:15 am
Giz wrote: We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it.
So no Grand Finale then? No big late game plot twists?
A full volume is plenty of space for finales and twists.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:38 am

Spidrift wrote: A full volume is plenty of space for finales and twists.
But then the final act of the comic would still feel a bit rushed especially with all the subplots that will probably remain unresolved. A lot of fictional stories are guilty of that in that the ending is rushed and the story is ended abruptly with little to no epilogue. The only example I can think of when that doesn't occur in fiction is with The Lord Of The Rings.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 am

Oh God does LotR show why a writer should sometimes shut up and stop writing...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:41 pm

By the way, it's no big deal, but the link picture from the other Pixietrix comics hasn't been updated for a few days.
---------
Spidrift

rogermart

Post by rogermart » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:22 am

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 am
Oh God does LotR show why a writer should sometimes shut up and stop writing...
Tell that to Tolkien fans (including me), i wouldn't mind if we got more of his Legendarium (if there's anything left to publish)...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 am

I'm sure that there's an ink-stained bus ticket in the pocket of an old suit of his somewhere in Oxford.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Giz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:01 pm
samtheman wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 pm
Is the comic still on track for 12 volumes? And do you plan on having some kind of Grand Finale for the comic when the time comes?
We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it. This doesn't mean we'll never do anything with these characters again though. We have ideas for one shots and what not. We might also do mini series about specific characters. We'll see though. Oddly enough, whenever I get back to Sticky Dilly Buns, that series might continue past Ma3.
If it meant continuing Sticky Dilly Buns beyond its last volume I would love that idea. As much as I've liked Menage a 3 it's best to conclude it while it's still good, but there's still plenty of stories that can be told with the many additional cast members. I'd even be willing to wait until Menage a 3 ends before Sticky Dilly Buns starts up again even though that wouldn't be until 2018.