Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

oni
BANNED

Re: 01-11-08 Wing*girl*

Post by oni »

Asaryu wrote:
Pneumonica wrote:
Asaryu wrote:But, chin-up! not everyone can be as wonderful as you or I, right? There must be imperfect creatures against whom we can shine! ;)
If you'd like, I can hurl sexist insults at you. I mean, I'm the <censor>dip-stick self-important jerk</censor> around my friends, I might as well be the same here.
As I said before, water off a ducks back. :) There's no point in lowering your tone just for me if I'm just going to ignore you.
Mortal-Intellectual-Kombaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ... <videogame-spoof>

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

A trim is fine..I don't ask for anything more. Sure, it gets frustrating if the jungle vines get all knotted up through frottage or summat, but that's life. You want the treasure ... be prepared to do a bit of digging :)

The only times I've been asked to shave was in relation to my cheeks, and not my groin -- seems stubble+inner thighs =not sexy

Zii seems to have said that she's not willing to nooky with Gary, but will play the friend/girlfriend to give him pointers and make other women think that he's taken. Taken men are more attractive for some reason :shrug:
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

karpeth
BANNED

Post by karpeth »

Bear wrote:
stephaielikes wrote:I think I've been similarly lucky; having Asperger's syndrome, I never bought into social rituals or practices.
Its weird you should mention that as I've been told before I've had all the classic symptoms of it, including the social awkwardness etc.... I've never really bought into the social norm either, probably because the social 'norm' bored me.
So, I'm not alone? I've got the all the "good" symptoms of asbergers, and only a few of the "bad", though... That's what saved me from a diagnosis.
*divides 1 with 0*
First ever member to be banned. Something to be proud of? no.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

I suggest you find a good Educational Psychiatrist; if you're anywhere near London, I can PM you details of a fantastic one. The diagnostics for Asperger's a infamously unsuitable; they require ten certain traits to be met, which is ridiculous when we consider how the autistic spectrum effects individuals differently.
My social skills are all fine; no awkwardness etc- but I'm definately still a girl with Asperger's. Funny old world.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, I can't really contribute much to these topics... Let's see...

Concerning pubic hair, I guess most modern people would consider me a perv, seeing that I follow the ancient genetic example of it being a secondary sexual characteristic and consider it a great turn-on. The one good friend I've got with whom I've talked deeply about this stuff considers it repulsive though, and insists on a shave (But then, he also claims I'll never get a girlfriend unless I cut my hair, shave my beard, and dress respectfully, so I don't listen to him overmuch in those categories, seeing that I don't like to be pressed into any mold just because it's the well-trodden path...). Hm, I've actually never considered that guys might like a shaved pubis because it sort of reverts the girl back to pre-pubescence... And I thought I was a pervert. ;) No, I guess most guys don't think of this aspect either at all...

I've so far seen three girls naked in RL, two of them a looong time ago (12 years) after finishing school where we skinny-dipped in a lake at night. They both had bush. And then a few years ago... Mostly shaved, with the pubis itself trimmed. Not a big sample, so I'll shut up.

Otherwise... Facial hair? Yes, sir. I'm very lazy when it comes to shaving, and I think I look like a fat, chubby baby without a beard. So it gets trimmed every once in a while but rarely sabered off completely. Also, those two long things dangling from the side of my chin stay no matter what, they are animal features of my Gangrel Ancilla, and as long as that character walks undead (10 years now), they stay on! (Do I get geek points for that?? :D )

Asperger's... I'm not involved in medicine in any way, but I have something of an opinion here. I think it's pretty wishy-washy and very much in the noise... The question is, where do we draw the line between what is "normal" and what "deviates" strongly enough from the normal to name it after some dude and apply the label "disease, to be treated!" on it (stigmatizing people who might be a bit different from the rest of them)?? I've checked out the "symptoms" and a few apply to myself, such as physical clumsiness and a certain amount of social ineptness, on the other hand, I'm not monomanically fixated on anything, live very well independently and I'm far from being without empathy. So do I have "hypo-Asperger's", or what?? Or am I just a geek?? I like being a geek, but no one is going to pin a psycho-babble label on me! :x

Finally, I will affirm the awesome epicness of Asaryu and stephaielikes!!! May your shine enlighten us mere mortals for many a thread, quote, sig and snark!!! :lol:

I love you peeps! All of you! ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Well, concerning various topics discussed...

Been on both sides of the razor, all in all, I think the neat trim is my favorite for me and person with, but it's not a requirement or anything, I think it just looks sexy...

As for a "wing-girl"... For quite a while, I'd go to a bar with two friends, both of whom are older than me and happen to be sisters. One dating someone who doesn't like country music and one who was very independent and single...

They would both tell me I needed to find someone to dance with and meet some of the single girls at the bar... They couldn't understand my baffled look (as I had honestly just gone out to have a good time)... I had to explain to them, I have two very attractive women on my arms... and by default, everyone will think I'm not available or a player... either way, I wouldn't be meeting anyone.

A good looking girl as a wing-girl can be a big negative unless she's the one who's active in finding someone for you.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Hm... I think it becomes a 'disorder' (although I by no means consider it a bad thing, and no-one has tried to 'fix' it in me) when it intefers with the way we live. This needn't be negative- it's merely, in my completely unprofessional opinion, a subjective gauge of how far we feel it effects us. It certainly does with me; I notice it's effects in a lot of things I do, and while I am sympathetic often, I am rarely empathic.
I don't actually mind having the label; it's a lot easier to explain it that way, and if people make a negative judgment based on that, at least it's a vaguely correct one, as opposed to people thinking I'm heartless or selfish.
I love how there's been pages of discussion about pubic hair. The way I see it, fingers/tongues are more delicate then what Jeph Jacques affectionately refers to as 'wang', and thus hair is going to be more of an obstruction. I just figure it's a personal choice how we respond to that.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

dorsh

Post by dorsh »

Most of my girlfriends haven't shaven themselves by habit, and I can attest that it doesn't make a difference. It's pretty much completely psychological whether or not it interferes.
In the case where you do have a psychological block against hair, I would hope that your partner will understand if you don't go down on them. There are other ways to please your partner.
I don't think that a guy who isn't willing to accept a bush altogether really has his priorities in line. Doesn't sound like he likes sex as much as would seem to be prerequisite for copulating with a stranger he doesn't like for other reasons than physical. I pity that guy.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I've developed through my experience a complete sense of apathy to what people think of me. Out of courtesy for others (I am just oh so courteous) or if it just gets bothersome, I'll shave my face. I tend to keep a goatee nowadays because I usually cut my lip when I go to shave it off, always in the same place. I always worry about it because I have poor peripheral vision in my left eye (got punched quite a few years back, that eye is my Achilles heel) so I never know if it's even or not. I wouldn't bother shaving my crotch unless I was in a sexual relationship, which I'm not and won't be in the foreseeable future. It's pretty much if I don't want to do something, there's nothing you can do to make me do it. And if I do want to do something... well, let's just say a friend and I wanted to surprise someone and visit her for a bit. So we drove from mid-Maine to south of Boston. Just to see her dance recital, and visit for like, an hour or two. Then the brakes went at a stop we made (to my dad's) on the way back. I'll go through a lot to do something I want to do.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dorsh wrote:Doesn't sound like he likes sex as much as would seem to be prerequisite for copulating with a stranger he doesn't like for other reasons than physical. I pity that guy.
I would never sleep with a stranger anyway, so pity me all you wish!

It seems that I've been shaking the cart a little bit, eh? :P Life's taught me that I do that best.

I'd never even thought of the "little girl" thing before. I just dislike the look of it and the feel of it. My dad's hair on his head used to be wiry and curly, and he hated it and kept it very short at all times. Because if he didn't, it looked (and felt) like pubes. I couldn't go near him when he didn't have it cut, without cringing, even though it wasn't remotely to do with genitals. I just hate body hair! I can deal with having leg hair, but having it anywhere else makes me feel dirty. On my head is fine, obviously. I don't get coarse hair on my face, oddly. I think it's because I use an electric shaver, not manual, but who knows?

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

karpeth wrote:
Bear wrote:
stephaielikes wrote:I think I've been similarly lucky; having Asperger's syndrome, I never bought into social rituals or practices.
Its weird you should mention that as I've been told before I've had all the classic symptoms of it, including the social awkwardness etc.... I've never really bought into the social norm either, probably because the social 'norm' bored me.
So, I'm not alone? I've got the all the "good" symptoms of asbergers, and only a few of the "bad", though... That's what saved me from a diagnosis.
I ducked being called an Aspie because my diagnosis would've come a couple years before they were doing anything other than speculative diagnostics on it, and at any rate being OCD and the teflon-form deviant of DRD-4 are both far more strongly indicated. Add to that allism and at least one psychologist has diagnosed that I "cannot possibly think, feel, or in many ways act like an ordinary human being".

On the other hand, being relieved of human thought, feeling, and behavior has its own perks, and I feel as though my collective diagnosis makes me homo sapiens superior. :o :D :mrgreen:
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pneumonica wrote:On the other hand, being relieved of human thought, feeling, and behavior has its own perks, and I feel as though my collective diagnosis makes me homo sapiens superior. :o :D :mrgreen:
I, for one, welcome our Pneu-monic overlords.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Don Alexander wrote:
Pneumonica wrote:On the other hand, being relieved of human thought, feeling, and behavior has its own perks, and I feel as though my collective diagnosis makes me homo sapiens superior. :o :D :mrgreen:
I, for one, welcome our Pneu-monic overlords.
Alright, check one for "trustee of the future police state". Outstanding, it's hard to fill those obscure job positions. :lol:
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Pneumonica wrote:Alright, check one for "trustee of the future police state". Outstanding, it's hard to fill those obscure job positions. :lol:
Well, being on the police state side of the line in a police state has it's perks. ;)

But I'm kidding. If my country ever turned into a police state, I'd either get out as quickly as possible or land in the opposition...

Speaking of that, I hope the US-Americans today will do what must be done to prevent an actually quite decent country from turning even more into religious disctatorship under the doctrine of rule by fear... :!: :!: :!:

Otherwise they'll vote for Nehemiah Scudder in 2012.
ImageImage

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Don Alexander wrote:Speaking of that, I hope the US-Americans today will do what must be done to prevent an actually quite decent country from turning even more into religious disctatorship under the doctrine of rule by fear... :!: :!: :!:

Otherwise they'll vote for Nehemiah Scudder in 2012.
Not this year.

We nuked him ’til he glowed, then shot him in the dark. But he did give a gracious concession speech. The pre-2008 McCain was finally able to emerge. I no longer want him as a politician, but at least he’s regained some dignity.
I think outside the tesseract.