01-11-08 Wing*girl*

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Re: 01-11-08 Wing*girl*

Post by Asaryu »

We had our last class of the semester, and about 20 minutes in we all went to the pub to watch the election.

There's an overwhelming feeling in my Research class that America is growing up.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Asaryu wrote:We had our last class of the semester, and about 20 minutes in we all went to the pub to watch the election.

There's an overwhelming feeling in my Research class that America is growing up.
Well I think given the result that it finally has and realised that it wants change for the better for once. *Stayed up late to watch the results roll in and the victory speech*

/end political discussion before it decends because of possible differing opinions.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:/end political discussion before it decends because of possible differing opinions.
Phooey!! :P

Well, I'll state that I was very happy... until I read Tenjen's story. :?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

The only think I marked was how quickly victory/defeat (depending on which side you were on) was obvious. I've never seen an election go that quickly, even for Republicans (Republican victories are often sweeping, while most Democratic ones are by small margins). It was pretty much a dignified proceeding worthy of the nation, whether you agree with the result or not.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Pneumonica wrote:The only think I marked was how quickly victory/defeat (depending on which side you were on) was obvious. I've never seen an election go that quickly, even for Republicans (Republican victories are often sweeping, while most Democratic ones are by small margins). It was pretty much a dignified proceeding worthy of the nation, whether you agree with the result or not.
Except for when McCain was trying to give his consession speech all the Republicans their kept booing... epecially when he even mentioned Obama's name...

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Bear wrote:
Pneumonica wrote:The only think I marked was how quickly victory/defeat (depending on which side you were on) was obvious. I've never seen an election go that quickly, even for Republicans (Republican victories are often sweeping, while most Democratic ones are by small margins). It was pretty much a dignified proceeding worthy of the nation, whether you agree with the result or not.
Except for when McCain was trying to give his consession speech all the Republicans their kept booing... epecially when he even mentioned Obama's name...
Link?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

It was all over Sky and BBC News 24 earlier.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Alas for my lack of TV!

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Phoenix wrote:Alas for my lack of TV!
Ironically, that was in Phoenix. ;)
Last edited by Don Alexander on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

... That's disturbing on so many levels.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

adn yet so typical of art genre that Aliens was based on...
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?