17-11-12 Under his jeans

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Shardphoenix

Re: 17-11-12 Under his jeans

Post by Shardphoenix »

crownsy wrote:She's just an over the top Tsundere character.
More like tsun-tsun, without dere part.
Hard life - heavy music.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

This strip has really made me want a threesome with Sonya and Amber: the only ones who seem to tell it like it is.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

RickSmith

Threesome with...

Post by RickSmith »

Raamyah, do you want a Gary, Sonya, Amber threesome? Or do you want a Raamyah, Sonya, Amber threesome? Just trying to clear up a very important point... :D

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Hypnofun

Post by Hypnofun »

Now now...

Do I really dislike Yuki? Yes.
Would I like to see Yuki get SOME come-uppance for her selfishness? Yes.
Can that be done comedically? Probably moreso than "Hahaha, Gary has blue balls!"
Do I expect that to happen? With this comic's track record, I'm expecting either Yuki will break up with Gary, leave without a word, or Yuki will improve. Note that I'm basically figuring Gary will do nothing but do as he's told and deal with what happens to him, and not take a single action of his own choosing.

Hell, IF Gary tries to do the whole "Look her in the eyes and say 'I love you,'" you know what's most likely to happen?

Gary: "Yuki, YUKI, listen, I need to tell you something!"
Yuki: "I- umm, okay...?"
Gary: "Yuki, I-I... l-l-love..."
Yuki: "Love giving me orgasms, I know!" *rips off clothes before Gary can continue, status quo maintained*

Would fans want to wring the story writers' necks for such a thing? Most likely, but I still expect this much to happen.

HELL, I'm surprised Yuki even COMMENTS that she has a problem still!
I'd LOVE to see the next comic have Zii basically being like "Just because you don't like to hear it, you do know that Gary deserves something." Hell, I'd love a comedic way of saying "And he's too spineless and selfless to tell you that he wants something in return."

I JUST WANT SOME SENSE KICKED INTO YUKI.
Gary's got a clue, but we know he's going to remain mostly spineless.
ALL the major players in the comic, except Didi, now know that Gary is horrendously blue-balled constantly at the moment. Yuki doesn't really REALIZE it, but she has an inkling she's been remotely selfish.
The pacing could have been better to get to this point, but we FINALLY got to this point. Please dear GOD do something with it. And god, would I love for the status quo breaking to be Didi (A) finding out or (B) doing something to Gary specifically because she still thinks he's a sex god because of his dick and not because of his tongue...

crownsy

Post by crownsy »

StEligius wrote:As someone who has played drums, getting hit with a cowbell that size would be extremely painful and likely quite dangerous. The ones I've handled are steel, fairly heavy and the bottom edge would be able to cut if thrown. I would view anyone who threw one at me as someone trying to do me physical harm (assault) I would either call the cops or beat the living hell out of them.
you know, I think we all realize in real life being hit upside the head with a large piece of metal would probley lead to attempted murder charges and a head injury. It's a good thing this is a fictional web comic about comedic sexual situations then, isn't it?

I love you all, but sometimes the amount of hyper over analyzing that goes on for a web comic is amazing.

Borgir

Post by Borgir »

Listen. Sonya's got a fever. And the only prescription is... ;) ;) ;)
i'm on ur sky, rainning teh bulletz
patrollin' in my choppa

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Raxus wrote:Wait a sec...Didn't Sonya smashed her P-bass in their last session?
Erik. Filthy rich.
Fluffy wrote:I'll agree that Gary did a dickish move by assuming he and Kiley were going to have sex on their first date.
Uh, WHUH?

(Edit: Oh, right - you mean their cancelled date after their first night together. Right. A bit Just-Post-Virginal there. But as they'd had sex before their first date, the hope was not actually entirely dickish. He just shouldn't have mentioned it when he did.)
Fluffy wrote:Agreeing with Sonya's sentiment about Yuki being a bad person does not immediately mean people want Sonya to hook up with Gary, you know?
Well quite. But the bizarre Continuity Yuki Fan Club has now been reduced to creating peculiar and abhuman straw men, and then kicking the crap out of them, rather than reading what anyone else says. It's not really worth arguing with them.
Fluffy wrote:(I honestly don't want her to because Gary deserves better - and I fear how she'll make him feel after he fails to perform to her expectations).
Actually, on a purely practical level, Sonya now looks a safer bet for Gary's bed than ever before. She knows that (a) his secret lies in this magic oral technique, and (b) he must be punch-the-walls frustrated at the moment. So when he goes off in seconds flat, she's likely to be all, like, "You poor deprived kid, I know how you feel, now let's try this Swirly thing".
Shardphoenix wrote:Are authors trying to (somewhat) redeem Yuki in our eyes?
Nah. Just show her as not completely one-dimensional, and maybe even set her up for a fall.

Yuki isn't a moustache-twirling villain, she's a silly child who shouldn't be engaging in adult relationships until she's got over a lot of crap. That makes her a deeply annoying character, because, well, bloody kids. But redemption isn't the issue in play here.
Last edited by Spidrift on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hescotti

Post by Hescotti »

Good one, Gothpoet!

Genuine chuckle at this strip. And the squabbling continues...

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

It's one thing to acknowledge your problem, Yuki, it's another thing to actually do something about it.
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Shardphoenix

Post by Shardphoenix »

Spidrift wrote:Nah. Just show her as not completely one-dimensional, and maybe even set her up for a fall.
I HOPE you`re right. But how to ensure it? Maybe, use

a hypnotoad
on authors? ;)
Yuki isn't a moustache-twirling villain
The image of Yuki as a mustache-twirling villain (with actual mustache, top hat and monocle) made me laugh out loudly. :D
Hard life - heavy music.

Oarboar

Post by Oarboar »

Spidrift wrote:Well quite. But the bizarre Continuity Yuki Fan Club has now been reduced to creating peculiar and abhuman straw men, and then kicking the crap out of them, rather than reading what anyone else says. It's not really worth arguing with them.
Yep. At this point, Yuki shippers make Chemical Ali look like Nate Silver.
Gargravarr wrote:It's one thing to acknowledge your problem, Yuki, it's another thing to actually do something about it.
Yep.

EDIT: You know what I'm hoping for next week? A knock-down, drag-out brawl. That would be fun to read. We've already had one at the play, right?
Last edited by Oarboar on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey Blossom! I’ve got reach, and you’ve got flexibility. We should bang."
"If you've been given a tank, you don't park it outside a nunnery. You go to war."
"Que ce bordel?" -- Maurice Richard

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

How odd - I actually feel bad for Sonya for getting bonked in the head with that cow bell (seriously - she totally did not deserve that - but,this is Yuki and Yuki doesn't like being told she's in the wrong).

I can see Sonya verbally lashing out at Yuki (Zii will speak to Yuki as well, though on a more even tempered level) - not only for that unwarranted attack, but for going on an on about how great a lover Gary is when she (Yuki) herself admitted that she hasn't done squat for Gary in the sex department (acknowledging that she hasn't so much as physically touched Gary in the intimate way confirms the lack of reciprocation on Yuki's part).

The question is, will Yuki bother listening to Zii (because we know she won't bother considering a word Sonya says) and do right by Gary, or will she brush it off as jealousy on both their parts because she has something that they don't.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

ThatKraemerDude

Post by ThatKraemerDude »

Sonya said the truth for all the wrong reasons. However I do expect Sonya to be in Gary's bed in a few panels, either her or Yuki.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

While I don't like Yuki, her being in Gary's bed with the intent of pleasuring him would be a step-up for her from the depths of selfishness. Still a longshot for her though, even if she is questioning herself.

I had totally forgotten Sonya knowing about Yuki's phobia; made the penis comment seem very random for a moment. Hopefully she's not going to pull a Didi and become obsessed over Gary.

And then there's still Senna to make her reappearance...with Sandra in tow, if we're lucky. :x
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic