17-11-12 Under his jeans

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

texasfanboy

Re: 17-11-12 Under his jeans

Post by texasfanboy »

Chantelune wrote:I'm more putt off with Sonya, actually. Not because she says that to Yuki, don't care about it, but because she so set on Gary. Kiley had her confess that she was in love with Zii, not Gary, and she did make every effort to get Zii until she heard Yuki and Gary having some fun together. Now, she's not even trying to get Zii anymore ? If she just need to get laid, Zii is right here and Sonya almost successed in making her have sex with her, so wouldn't she try harder, ignoring Yuki ?
Gary was instantly made more desirable the moment he became less obtainable (by virtue of being in a "relationship" with Yuki). Sonya strikes as the type who would desire most that which she cannot have.

That also explains how she's treating Zii. If Gary's being unobtainable makes him more desirable, Zii's being somewhat easily obtainable makes her less so.

enigma3d

Post by enigma3d »

Sonya says what the entire forum populace wishes they could say to Yuki. :P

epiphyte

Re: Another future prediction...

Post by epiphyte »

RickSmith wrote: Possible future scenes:
-- Sonya and Zii make the point that Gary is not getting anything from Ms Selfish.
-- Yuki throws a tantrum but thinks about it.
-- Yuki decides to fix her brain.
-- Gary arrives and says "Enough is enough". (Ya, right, I wish).
-- Yuki takes Sonya's advice on proper bedside manners and hunts Gary through the streets of Montreal with a strap-on.
-- Erik grabs the girls, throws them into a bus and goes on tour. Gary returns all empowered to a mostly empty apartment and accidentally confesses his love to DiDi.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Whenever I see a possible sequence oif upcoming events in this comic that looks so obvious it can't not happen, I end up looking like an idiot, because it doesn't. However...

It must be very likely at this point that Zii will give Yuki a serious "You're asking for trouble there" speech, pointing out that if Gary doesn't get anything from their relationship, he's going to be tempted to go elsewhere. (He's a nice guy but he's only human, yadda yadda.) Yuki will doubtless try to reject this, but may possibly be left thinking a little bit - especially if she notices Sonya looking thoughtful and/or devious in the background. Then Yuki heads back to the apartnment... And discovers Gary in a compromising configuration with, say, DiDi. (Or maybe Gary just makes a confession regarding Amber and Chanelle, and Yuki gets the wrong end of the stick.) Heartbroken, Yuki storms out saying that she never wants to see Gary again.

This moves some plots along a bit, but still preserves Gary's designated victim status - because of course whatever Yuki catches Gary doing, it was all an innocent comedy misunderstanding, so he's still not getting any nookie there. And he's too honest to tell Amber that he told Yuki that he didn't love her.

(Note also: If Sonya does start scheming, I'm only giving an 80% chance that she'll move on Gary. 5% says that she'll have one more try with Zii, and I have hopes of my 15% long-shot bet that she'll make a move on Erik.)
Winterfeline wrote:When told it does, by Sonya, she retaliates by attacking her with a cowbell. While there might be some symbolical insult of Sonya being a cow there, I think she just reached out to throw something that was at hand. In which case, Zii's band has some funky weird instruments to them too.
A lot of drumkits seem to have those things attached somewhere, from what I've seen.
ProxyPawaa wrote:Quick note for those of you less fluent in Japanese, Daisuki means 'I love you'. It isn't as serious as I love you here though, in fact, it can just as easily be translated as 'I like you' depending on circumstance.
Thanks for that clarification. It may indeed be a small but significant point of characterisation. Today's strip does require a bit of research for us non-Japanophones, doesn't it?
PeterM99 wrote:I'm also willing to grant that as of this comic she does think of Gary as more than her little orgasm-slave...
No, she says she does, when pushed. Yuki isn't a reliable reporter on stuff like that. She's too prone to saying the first thing that she thinks will make her look good.
Chantelune wrote:I'm more putt off with Sonya, actually. Not because she says that to Yuki, don't care about it, but because she so set on Gary. Kiley had her confess that she was in love with Zii, not Gary, and she did make every effort to get Zii until she heard Yuki and Gary having some fun together. Now, she's not even trying to get Zii anymore ? If she just need to get laid, Zii is right here and Sonya almost successed in making her have sex with her, so wouldn't she try harder, ignoring Yuki ?
We don't know that she's set on Gary, actually, though I think it's likely. But it would be only logical. She's angry with Yuki for multiple reasons and would love to annoy her, she considers that she won the sex contest by default (and she's very competitive), and she's frustrated and has just been told that Gary is a great lay.

As for her feelings for Zii - well, Zii's last rejection was forceful and conclusive, and may just have sunk in. Sonya has a lot of pride, and continuing to chase someone who's done that to her might just feel too humiliating. Okay, so she really believed that she loved Zii for a couple of weeks there, but as the Cast Page says, her basic nature is Dramasexual, and she's still not sure what she wants to do with her new-found sexual power. If the Zii thing isn't working, and she can get one up on the psycho brat by switching targets, I think she may be capable of doing so.
replica00 wrote:If only Yuki went out like a spinal tap drummer.
In a bizarre gardening accident?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

MOAR COWBELL!!!

(We are all old geezers to get that...)
Thor wrote:Yuki thinks of Gary as more than just a swirly-maker, and she's still working on her problem. Direct from the horse's mouth.
Yeeeaaaahhh, of course she is going to say that to Sonya! :P I'll admit though I'm sure Yuki DOES believe what she's saying, just that her actions right now speak differently. Also, as others have pointed out, where's the statement that she is working on her problem?? :-\
Chantelune wrote:Wonder who's the bad person here, in the end. :p
Everyone. It's in the nature of the comic. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

lincoln_muadib

Post by lincoln_muadib »

Ah, Thor. When Yuki says she sees Gary as more than just a tongue, then claims it's ok because she got poked by his erection, then throws heavy objects at those who point out that she's acting badly... You think that's equivalent to working on problems?

Ya know, the other day I was feeling kinda depressed, so I went and kicked a few random women in the crotch. Then I had my girlfriend give me a BJ- she still had a black eye from where I hit her with a dildo, but it's not my fault, I have a disorder. Anyway, I guess that might be considered bad, maybe. Am I a bad person? If you say I am, I will throw a metal cowbell weighting about 200grams directly into your face.

So, as you can CLEARLY see, I AM WORKING ON MY PROBLEM. LOVE ME. SHUT UP. JUST LOVE ME. I AM LOVABLE AND CUTE.
I hated Yuki before it was cool.

It may be the Word of Mua'dib, but it's not the Word of God!

Big D

Post by Big D »

That last panel is easily among the best "Bisexual bassist getting beaned with a cowbell" pics I've ever seen. In the top three, definitely.
(Has anybody done the cowbell joke yet? Yes? Dammit.)
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

jshann04

Post by jshann04 »

I don't really get all the hate for Yuki. People make it seem like the strip only started after Gary performed the Swirly-Go-Round on her the first time. Let's completely ignore the fact that there was an entire arc where she began to develop feelings for Gary, which prompted her to seek out semi-professional help. Yeah, it wasn't the best help, but it shows that she is aware of her condition and puts forth an effort to correct it. However, it can be easy to get swept-up in something and if Gary isn't persistent in her completely curing it, then there is no one who is presenting the incentive for her to put any more effort into it. In fact, Yuki is the only real love interest that could claim she does not see Gary as an on demand orgasm machine. Let's look at the others. Sonya: Shown a picture of Gary during sex with Zii, first meeting with Gary was after Gary had helped Yuki relax with milk and honey, assumed she was in that state due to Gary's sexual prowess. DiDi: only interested in the swirl. Amber: First actual encounter was her tricking him into practicing the Swirl on her when he thought she was Dillon, which she went through with because Dillon performed it on her before. Outside of the situation with Yuki and a possible 3-some with Chanelle, she has shown no interest in Gary's life or Gary in any way shape or form. Kiley: Stretch here because they only had a short fling. Had sex when she was emotionally compromised and show some promise of a relationship which was cut short. The only person that's iffy is Dillon, as it is hard to tell exactly what he wants out of the relationship, but he can't take the fact that Gary has no interest in having anything, much less another man's penis, shoved up his rectum.

And stop acting like Gary is some sort of saint. You do realize that when Yuki was having her major episode, when she was going to go confront her father, he and Kiley do 2 things before giving up and start fucking each other. They tried to board the plane and check her phone. When those two did not work, Gary got so swept up in losing his virginity that he cheated on his girlfriend. Then he gives up on the relationship so quickly that he decides to start dating a girl he met not maybe 24 hours earlier. And when Yuki returns, Kiley calls it off because she realizes how deeply they betrayed Yuki, Gary ends up only being concerned with whether or not he will be getting sex that night.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in all of GIz's comics have flaws. These range from severe cases of narcissism to commitment issues, to just simple self-esteem issues. Yuki's flaws are merely much more pronounced than others because of what they are, but all the characters are humans and have their bad points. They all seem to jump to conclusions, and always the wrong ones. Everyone except Yuki has had problems with fidelity. She's the only one who has been able to turn down advances, intentional or not, from other people, barring how she moves when she sleeps. The worst she has done while conscience was take a minute to enjoy having her head in DiDi's boobs, and I can't blame her for that, they look like nice boobs.

James Rye

Post by James Rye »

@jshann04

Woha, dude. You´re not trying to bring in sane arguments in this thread are you? oO
Well good luck fighting windmills then. :))
Sweet first comment btw.^^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sanity is very hard to judge on the Internet, where it often looks like 80% of the population are insane, and the other 20% are merely stupid enough to try and engage with them. But oversize paragraphs laden with erratic syntax and patchy punctuation, wildly generalising about the people one happens to disagree with? Not a good sign. I mean, not exactly a written-insane-laughter bad sign, not quite as plonk-inducing as an inability to use the shift key, but still - motes and beams, old chap. Motes and beams.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

ExLibris

Post by ExLibris »

Meh, it's the same "My opinions are facts, but your 'facts' are merely opinions (and wrong)" that you find on nearly every internet forum.

Personally, I'm not crazy about Yuki, but I don't feel the need to imply that anyone who disagrees with me is irrational.

#1ZiiFan

Post by #1ZiiFan »

Sonya had that KOW-BONG coming.....snotty, spoiled, horny, fine as hell, bitch.

Come over here and get some love...it will help you relieve the stress, Sonya.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@jshann04: Hmmmm, let's see.

- Discounting Amber as wanting Gary only for the orgasms.
- Claiming Gary cheated on Yuki with Kiley, implying Yuki was Gary's girlfriend at the time. Which? Relationship?
- Claiming Yuki has no problems with fidelity. Oh, I admit, Yuki and Gary were NOT a couple when the went on their first date to the play. But then, they were also not a couple after the sex contest, which Yuki lost by forfeiting, by the way. So it might be a bit harsh to claim she "cheated on Gary" by jumping Zii and riding off with her to have her pearl polished. True. But it was a total douchebag move nonetheless. Also, she still lays claim to Zii at least vs. Sonya.

Report grade: F.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Spidrift wrote:
Winterfeline wrote:When told it does, by Sonya, she retaliates by attacking her with a cowbell. While there might be some symbolical insult of Sonya being a cow there, I think she just reached out to throw something that was at hand. In which case, Zii's band has some funky weird instruments to them too.
A lot of drumkits seem to have those things attached somewhere, from what I've seen.
We even see it in the first panel.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

RickSmith

Paying attention.

Post by RickSmith »

jshann04 wrote:I don't really get all the hate for Yuki. ...
Not been paying attention?

Yuki HAS been acting like Gary is an orgasm machine. She also has blackmailed him to draw a comic for free for her. She has threatened him with violence if he does not make out with Dillon. He took her on a date, and after he saved her from being charged with assault, she dumped him to go home with Zii, etc. There have been MANY posts listing Yuki's flaws, long before the swirly showed up, if you have been paying attention.
jshann04 wrote:... and if Gary isn't persistent in her completely curing it, then there is no one who is presenting the incentive for her to put any more effort into it. ...
Right. If Gary were to say to Yuki, "No SGR until you at least start showing some affection to me," then Yuki would likely make a some sort of effort. However, I and a lot of other people would be more impressed with Yuki if she showed some affection for Gary or worked on fixing her problem on her own. Yes, you have a point, Gary could be clear to her about his frustration, but that does not make the fact that she has been acting like a selfish prima-dona go away.
jshann04 wrote:In fact, Yuki is the only real love interest that could claim she does not see Gary as an on demand orgasm machine. Let's look at the others. Sonya: ... DiDi: ... Amber: ... Kiley:.... The only person that's iffy is Dillon, as it is hard to tell exactly what he wants out of the relationship, but he can't take the fact that Gary has no interest in having anything, much less another man's penis, shoved up his rectum.
I'll give you Sonya and Didi. Amber got off to a sleazy start with Gary, but she seems genuinely concerned about him being in an abusive relationship. Look over some of Spinrift's posts in the Gary at Amber and Dillon's place for some examples of where Amber behaved in a non-selfish way to Gary - consistent with her worried about him as a person. I think you would have to not be paying attention to say that there is no evidence that Amber cares for Gary.

As for Kiley, you think that the evidence for her is iffy??? If you didn't notice her giving him the shrewdest advice anyone has given to him ("You need to choose"), and the affection she feels for his emotional support (in the airport) and saying he was OK with her petit boobs (at the anime con), or the compliment about her being spunky that makes him feel good (also at the con) then I guess you might think that the only reason she likes him is for the swirly go round. But I did notice those things.

Re: Dillon. You seemed to have not noticed Gary explicitly saying to his friend that he had no fear of penetration from Dillon because Dillon is a bottom (this happened after Matt and Dillon's break up when Dillon was sleeping in Gary's bed). By the way, lots of gay guys do not have anal sex. I assume you put it that way to be gross. However, you seem to have missed that Gary and Dillon are actually close. Dillon offered Gary a full body massage and Gary is cool with Dillon touching him that way. Gary was willing to make out with Dillon 'for training'. Dillon is obviously more interested in the physical relationship with Gary, but Gary has shown little indication that he is repulsed by touching Dillon. (You may have missed them sleeping for some weeks nude together and waking up with Dillon's morning wood sticking in his back.) I think you have not been paying attention when you say that there is no evidence that Gary has no interest in anything that Dillon offers.
jshann04 wrote:And stop acting like Gary is some sort of saint. ...
I have not done this. If you have been reading these threads and been paying attention, you will notice that virtually EVERYONE thinks that Gary is a spineless blob that is responsible (or largely responsible) for most of his problems. I've been reading these threads fairly often for a year or so, and I can not recall ANYONE saying Gary is with out flaw. Perhaps I've not been paying enough attention to the forums? You are welcome to link to a post where someone says Gary is a saint with out flaw.

I've probably gone overboard here, but I think your summary is pretty biased. If you want me to take you more seriously, I think you should spend at least a little time talking about how Yuki is so wonderful when she blackmails people, drags them so they hit their head on every step down a stair case, abandons dates the second someone better comes up, etc.

Warm regards, Rick.

Edit typos.
Last edited by RickSmith on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.