17-11-12 Under his jeans

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 17-11-12 Under his jeans

Post by Spidrift »

GCRust wrote:
Spidrift wrote:
GCRust wrote:I know I'm not going to bother slogging through twelve pages of pseudo-psychological claptrap.
Then why add to it, if you despise it?
Not everyone has the time or the patience to sit through thirteen pages worth of discussion of fictional characters and motivations just to ensure their two cents hasn't already been covered.

I know I'm not going to bother slogging through twelve pages of pseudo-psychological claptrap.
You certainly add to the post count. And the only way to see the thing you said is to read those twelve or thirteen pages of claptrap.
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

GCRust

Post by GCRust »

Spidrift wrote: You certainly add to the post count. And the only way to see the thing you said is to read those twelve or thirteen pages of claptrap.

You do realize there is a page back button, yes?
Last edited by GCRust on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every New Beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Hapax Legomenon

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Spidrift wrote:Would you care to indicate any one point where the progression of time within the comic is seriously at variance with consistency or logic?
That is not what I asserted.

I did not advance the notion that the chronology flew in the face of logic, merely that the progression of such affords greater consideration to the development of the drama or serve comedic purpose than rigorous verisimilitude.
"I thought to myself, 'A little fermented curd will do the trick.' So I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles."
— Mr. Mousebender, "Cheese Shop"

| Not Anti-Amber | Not Anti-Didi | Not Anti-Dillon | Not Anti-Gary | Not Anti-Kiley | Not Anti-Sonya | Not Anti-Yuki | Not Anti-Zii |

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I could check what you actually said in order to verify that, but as you deliberately make your posts difficult to read, I won't bother.
GCRust wrote:You do realize there is a page back button, yes?
Which has nothing to do with the price of fish. One can't know what is said on a thread unless one reads the thread.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Shardphoenix

Under his jeans? Sounds like Lizzy Borden!

Post by Shardphoenix »

Came to me when I saw episode`s title for the first time, btw:

In the dark where you feel connected
Hide away from they you were rejected
Crumbling walls in there you won’t survive
When I touch you where you hurt
While I strip you alive

I wanna crawl down under your jeans
I wanna go where no one’s ever been
I wanna strip away the pain

Look at you you’re sick and self infected
Ain’t got a clue of who you see reflected
Empty eyes of vacant suffocating
Drowning in your vanity you’re disintegrating

Who you are is what I wanna be
So bizarre so insane
Where you are is where I wanna be
How we are is all in vain

I wanna get to where I’ve never been
I wanna lick away the pain
Now we are all the same

Now we are all the pain

Source
Hard life - heavy music.

GCRust

Post by GCRust »

Spidrift wrote: One can't know what is said on a thread unless one reads the thread.
Reading the thread is irrelevant when someone only wishes to share their two cents on a comic. No one should be forced to read through 14 pages just to make their own observations.

Pointing out that you yourself made their observations pages ago is merely narcissistic. Once a topic goes beyond four or five pages, you can't expect everyone to sit through and read all that just to make their own observations. That's all I've been saying.
Every New Beginning comes from some other beginning's end

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Spidrift wrote:You certainly add to the post count. And the only way to see the thing you said is to read those twelve or thirteen pages of claptrap.
Not actually true. The forum has search functions, if you wanted to see what a particular poster said.
It was also possible to simply jump to the last page and happen to see GCRust's post.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

GCRust wrote:
Spidrift wrote: One can't know what is said on a thread unless one reads the thread.
Reading the thread is irrelevant when someone only wishes to share their two cents on a comic. No one should be forced to read through 14 pages just to make their own observations.

Pointing out that you yourself made their observations pages ago is merely narcissistic. Once a topic goes beyond four or five pages, you can't expect everyone to sit through and read all that just to make their own observations. That's all I've been saying.
in paper what you said is completely correct!!!!!!!!

but we also have to remember that the "same POV" was posted along with the statement that
Middyshadow wrote:Of all the anger about Yuki throwing a very dangerous bell at someone's head, it seems the first panel has been missed somewhat... You know, where Sonya was about ten seconds from doing the same to Yuki with a Bass?
it is kind of ambivalent

some people could say 1) "he is stating almost everyone missed this"
(which is what I took it as, as he wrote "somewhat") or they could say 2) "he thinks no one pointed it until he did"

spidrift chose to read it as option 2
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

GCRust wrote:Pointing out that you yourself made their observations pages ago is merely narcissistic.
Somewhat. But when, say, someone says "Has anybody noticed that ... ?", it hardly seems irrelevant to reply "Yes". I guess it depends whether you expect these boards to be a conversation or mere venting.

(In this case, to be sure, the answer to that question was merely "Yes, one person". Unfortunately, the answer is so often "Yes, several people", possibly "Yes, dozens of people, you're not being especially smart", and sometimes "Yes, the question has been dragged out in several threads, beaten to death, mentioned in at least three sig blocks, memorialised in stone, and answered to everyone's satisfaction, and now merely mentioning it makes Don cry". So some of us have a bit of a bias in favour of reading the damn boards before posting to them.)
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:(( :(( :((
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Now I understand why most rock bands don't last very long.