21-10-08 Think of me as a dude.

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

SaBomJon

Re: 21-10-08 Think of me as a dude.

Post by SaBomJon »

First of all, thanks to Oni for giving me props on my artwork. It is hugely appreciated! This little strip has given more insight to Zii, and I have to say, yes it balances her out a little more, hopefully we get more background as to why she's so bossy in certain situations, and how that's affected her band as well as other relationships.

The idea of Zii getting Gary out of his shell is appealing, I would like to see her try to get Gary "up and running" so to speak.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

SaBomJon wrote:First of all, thanks to Oni for giving me props on my artwork. It is hugely appreciated! This little strip has given more insight to Zii, and I have to say, yes it balances her out a little more, hopefully we get more background as to why she's so bossy in certain situations, and how that's affected her band as well as other relationships. The idea of Zii getting Gary out of his shell is appealing, I would like to see her try to get Gary "up and running" so to speak.
Welcome brah, we needed 1 more point-of-view to clear up the miasma of crude analysis being thrown about like monkey poop! :lol:
I dunno about all of that Gisele and Dave seem more pre-occupied with the female roomies in the house than Gary; However, totally can see where you're going with this man, Darker storms arriving just beyond the horizon...

Soulbender

Post by Soulbender »

oni wrote:
I'm glad it isn't just me who felt this way about the whole token 'ethnic' skit. Junghan didn't come off like appearing to be so to me, doesn't fit into that stereotype only one of Gary more outspoken friends who said the wrong thing at the right, er...wrong time. But ya, can't remember said movie exactly but it had a korean n indian actors funny, funny, funny caste Kumar and "somethin"; That felt more in your face beating down the hype being built by the media lately especially with this war taken place. Point well made, bear about token asian in movie theaters.
Harold and Kumar Goes to White Castle, perhaps the only funny stoner movie not made by Cheech and Chong.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

oni wrote:I dunno about all of that Gisele and Dave seem more pre-occupied with the female roomies in the house than Gary; However, totally can see where you're going with this man, Darker storms arriving just beyond the horizon...
An astute observation, Oni. You're right on the money there! I'm just puzzled that I hadn't seen it before, perhaps the random strips with various parts of DiDi major mams distracted me from it. :lol: But you are very correct, what little we have found out about our boy is taken from the situations he's been constantly reacting to, not only with the girls, but with the previous roomies as well.

Darker storms? Hmmmm...with this small character-building pause, I could see where something can pop up to blindside Gary now that he's starting to become more familiar with his situation, it seems true to form that something somewhere will throw him off balance. He just can't seem to catch an even break, even with the replacing of his table, the Trouble Twits had to muck it up. I strongly believe we need more character development with Gary, since he's the character around whom all the others seem to revolve.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Swayambhu wrote:Poor Zii, I know how that feels. :(

:shock: You kid? Having actually seen your pic it breaks my head as to how anyone could mistake you for a guy. :? :evil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

bugstomper wrote:No, she's a vampire!
So that's where all blood from the "sneak attack"-induced nosebleed went!
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

YouGotcha

Post by YouGotcha »

I can sympathize with Zii.
I prefer to hang out more with guys than girls (because I have lots of brothers so I'm into more guy-ish stuff)
And am more likely to threaten rather than be gentle :P
Wow, sarcasm! That's original!