Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

AniDragon

Re: 01-07-10 I can't wait!

Post by AniDragon »

Milnoc wrote:
Taelin wrote:What about Alienware?
Bought out by Dell.
Yeah, but more just on the financial side, I think. They seem to still be doing their own thing technology wise.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

zoom

Post by zoom »

I fixed a laptop for my neighbor recently that could have given the impression of "banned from the internet". Any website she clicked on she got a "blocked" message; it turned out to be one of those bogus malware apps that installed itself and wanted you to buy their "cleaner" to fix your computer.

I'm guessing now that since Zii was in such a hurry to play with her new device, she didn't take the time to give her resident geek a chance to properly set up her protection; knowing the kind of sites she's likely to visit, picking up something nasty wouldn't be much of a stretch. She's just learned the need to practice safe.... computing. And Gary has a chance to rack up another favor owed.

I'd actually expected that rather than use an actual brand, the artists would use the anime convention of morphing the name, like using Panatronic or Somy. Zii could have gotten a Dull.
SIG229

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Or a Sodomy.

Sorry, had to.
Start running.

Please?

SolidG

Post by SolidG »

What the hell!? How can some one be banned from the interwebs? :-o
I don't even want to know what she did to get banned...
Hum... Actually I think I DO want to know what she was uo to. :))

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

TakerFoxx wrote:Not really. You can do it in the space of an hour if you were really motivated.
So she went to every single forum that was ever created, commented on every single YouTube video, make friends with everyone on Facebook and write horrible fan fiction all in the time of a single day?
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Naw, she just threw together a website devote to Jack Thompson/Muhammad slash fiction (with accompanying illustrations) and spammed links to it on Wikipedia, Youtube, 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica. That should do the trick.
Start running.

Please?

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Well obviously she didn't write the fanfiction that day... she just uploaded what horrible fanfiction she had already written up that day.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Kol Drake wrote:Dell laptops are not bad... it was the desktop models that had the capacitors which leaked and toasted motherboards. Dell is still paying back on those...
I've had the same Dell for six years, and it's only in the last couple of years that I've started to experience problems with it. As computer longevity goes, that's not bad.

Miss Vavavavoom

TakerFoxx wrote:Naw, she just threw together a website devote to Jack Thompson/Muhammad slash fiction (with accompanying illustrations) and spammed links to it on Wikipedia, Youtube, 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica. That should do the trick.
Dude, not even the Twilight fan girls want anything to do with her. That's just bad!
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

So...did anyone follow the Uncyclopedia article link I posted on the first page? No, I didn't write it, but I think it's similar to what Dave and Giz were going for in terms of the punchline. Basically, it says, satirically of course, that the "Masters of the Internet" can and will ban you for such misdeeds as wiki vandalism, forwading chain mail, not forwarding chain mail, Leetspeak, and comparing someone to Hitler. (My favourite bit is the suggestion that you can win an Internet argument by tricking your opponents into making such a comparison, such that they get banned from the Internet.)

In other words, I suspect that's what our glorious creative team was going for: not technical problems with the laptop or whatever, but rather Zii literally got banned for doing something horribly vile online. C'mon, it's Zii we're talking about here.

Mint-Pie

Post by Mint-Pie »

Silly Zii. There are no girls on the internet.

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

Shadrach wrote:So...did anyone follow the Uncyclopedia article link I posted on the first page? No, I didn't write it, but I think it's similar to what Dave and Giz were going for in terms of the punchline. Basically, it says, satirically of course, that the "Masters of the Internet" can and will ban you for such misdeeds as wiki vandalism, forwading chain mail, not forwarding chain mail, Leetspeak, and comparing someone to Hitler. (My favourite bit is the suggestion that you can win an Internet argument by tricking your opponents into making such a comparison, such that they get banned from the Internet.)

In other words, I suspect that's what our glorious creative team was going for: not technical problems with the laptop or whatever, but rather Zii literally got banned for doing something horribly vile online. C'mon, it's Zii we're talking about here.
Like hell, I'm going to Uncyclopedia, that site is worse than 4chan.
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Nono, you're thinking of Encyclopedia Dramatica, which is just about the most toxic site on the Internet. Uncyclopedia is mostly random nonsense, such that locating the good stuff is like finding a needle in a haystack, but it's not a troll site.

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

Oh...I'm sorry.
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

Miss Vavavavoom

Shadrach wrote:So...did anyone follow the Uncyclopedia article link I posted on the first page? No, I didn't write it, but I think it's similar to what Dave and Giz were going for in terms of the punchline. Basically, it says, satirically of course, that the "Masters of the Internet" can and will ban you for such misdeeds as wiki vandalism, forwading chain mail, not forwarding chain mail, Leetspeak, and comparing someone to Hitler. (My favourite bit is the suggestion that you can win an Internet argument by tricking your opponents into making such a comparison, such that they get banned from the Internet.)

True but she must have some standards.

I mean she does, doesn't she?
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips