Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

bugstomper

Re: 16-10-08 Tim Hortons

Post by bugstomper »

Peabody

Post by Peabody »

Hmm, well. Sometime between 3rd and 4th panel Gary is gonna have to take off his shirt, or at least move it around, but... if you look at first panel, Zii is also gonna have to get her pants all the way on, her zipper isn't even up.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

midgetshrimp wrote:I don't like coffee either. My philosophy states that hot cocoa is a cure all. There's nothing it can't make better. Not that I've seen anyway.

Right there with you midgetshrimp, I will never understand how something that smells so heavenly as coffee can taste so bloody vile. *bleack*
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

AlpineBob

Post by AlpineBob »

So I was elsewhere on the web when it suddenly hit me - Gary was trying to dress ASAP and put his shirt on backwards!
Checking back to the strip that is indeed obviously the case. I don't know why I didn't notice it on my first read through. :oops:
I may have been distracted by the loud screams (and low moans) coming from the other room... ;)

Thanks all you night owls for setting me straight!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I definately think that Giz must read the forums before editing in the final script what with so many of the influences we've discussed ending up in the comic. I just wish she'd confirm it... lol

DEATH BY SNOO-SNOO! :twisted: Poor Erik.. hehe. I just completely creased up laughing at the 'I can't feel the left side of my body' line, especially the way it was said so faintly. DiDi has to be faking it though... no women that is genuinely ejoying herself that much can be that articulate with her screams. She may be a really free spirited lover who just lets go completely, but I still don't think that if they were real orgasms she could scream like that.

I'm starting to agree with the point of Zii being a trustfund kid, or some similarly sheltered being that has money and is trying to be a rebel. It just seems to fit somehow with how we've seen her lately. At least in my mind.
Azrael wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:I don't like coffee either. My philosophy states that hot cocoa is a cure all. There's nothing it can't make better. Not that I've seen anyway.
Right there with you midgetshrimp, I will never understand how something that smells so heavenly as coffee can taste so bloody vile. *bleack*
And I agree with both of you there. Hot Coffee, Smell good, taste blech. Did anyone ever wonder why you have to dump half a ton of sugar and cream in it to make it even semi-drinkable to any same person? While I agree with Midgets 'Nothing beat hot cocoa', I prefer a nice cup of tea myself. Never found anything better as a good wake-me-up or after a stressful day.

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Ailith wrote:Haha, now I feel kinda bad for Erik. Getting crushed by those divine Amazonion hips, lol.
Oh yeah. Okay. I'll be sure to pity Erik later. After I've finished sobbing in the corner like a little girl.

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

jbrecken

Post by jbrecken »

Zii has a 7, Gary has a 4, and the title has a 3. It's like a math problem.

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

jbrecken - Actually, Zii wearing an "L7" t-shirt. It's a rock group from the late 80's and 90's.

Timmy's - open all night in case of emergencies...like potentially losing your hearing, f'r instance :D

I love the superpositioning of DiDi's word bubbles over what Zii and Gary are trying to scream at each other :rofl:

Pure LOL.
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

OH...coffee doesn't suck. You just have to pick the right blend and roast. SOme prefer a lighter blend, some a more 'robust' flavour. I like y coffee like my ex-wife - black and bitter :)

Zii totally fits the hideaway rich-girl look. Her answer to the landlady's question about "Jobs" is a nice indicator. Either she's jobless by choice or by lack of work.

Let's see. They moved in on Saturday. Went to the park on Sunday morning. This is late Sunday night - Gary works...but will we see Zii go to work? DiDi might work afternoons.

Hmmm.
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

levittownbob

Post by levittownbob »

polarbear925 wrote:There are quite a few Tim Horton's franchises in the US. There are about a hundred or so in Michigan alone. Good sandwiches if you're in a hurry.

Hmmmm...is Erik gonna need a stretcher when Gary and Zii get back? :lol:

Yeah...but what a way to go. :o

Miss Blackwell

Post by Miss Blackwell »

C'mon, skip the coffee and go for a wallbanger in the bathroom!

Skittles

Post by Skittles »

Miss Blackwell wrote:C'mon, skip the coffee and go for a wallbanger in the bathroom!

ROFLMAO!!!

vince3

Post by vince3 »

Simple solution for Gary: Give Zii the coffee and go to the counter yourself and either get Hot Cocoa or Tea (whatever he actually prefers......) This is, of course, providing that he has his wallet from the rushed exit..........

I wonder if (D)Eric(k) is gonna be in one piece when they get back.........

The most common hot drink I drink is Chocolate..... (coffee is too bitter for my taste, and I usually only drink tea in Chinese restaurants.......)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Somehow... this leaves me unsatisified... :cry:

I couldn't even laugh at the mutilation of (D)Eric(k)...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Lindz

Post by Lindz »

The "trust fund baby" idea is a good angle, but let's not forget that a couple cups of coffee isn't exactly a bank-account breaker. ;)

We have Tim Horton's here in RI. Personally, I find the chain to be pretty vile, mostly because they bought out Bess Eaton Donuts a few years ago, and their coffee was the only kind I could actually stomach. Like most, though, I'm more of a fan of hot chocolate.

And the 4 on Gary's shirt is for the Fantastic Four. If someone's pointed that out before, I apologize! :)