11-10-08 We'll be quiet.

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Retiarius

Re: 11-10-08 We'll be quiet.

Post by Retiarius »

hasedoki wrote:
Retiarius wrote:Heh. As I said in another thread, if Dave and Giselle are running this comic like the role-playing game, Teenagers from Outer Space, at least with respect to Gary, he might never get laid.
[i]Teenagers from Outer Space[/i] wrote: Sex in role playing games isn’t funny, even if you’re wearing a clown suit. Now sexual frustration—that’s funny.
It seems, at least for the moment, that I called it. The geek in Gary is too strong at this time for him to get laid. :twisted:
However, sex in real life (especially first time geek sex) is often hilarious.
Well, that goes without saying, even though it usually doesn’t.
The 4th Earl of Chesterfield is (probably falsely) said to have wrote:The pleasure is momentary, the position ridiculous, the expense damnable.
I think outside the tesseract.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Gil Hamilton wrote:First thought:

DiDi: "DiDi wants snoo-snoo! Blonde kissy man goes to room now!"
Erik *some days later with his hips and waist in a cast*: "...I had snoo-snoo."
Heh. Yeah, the Planet of the Amazon Women episode of Futurama was one of the best, especially when their sentence was pronounced:
“Death…by snoo-snoo!”
The looks of alternating salacious grins and horror was classic. :mrgreen:
I think outside the tesseract.

janusmaxwell

Post by janusmaxwell »

HA! I didn't even catch it until tonight! Didi carrying erik and their brief conversation? She's the "Man" in the "relationship"! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Payne

Post by Payne »

awww... :oops:
Been there, felt that! :(

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Retiarius wrote:Heh. Yeah, the Planet of the Amazon Women episode of Futurama was one of the best, especially when their sentence was pronounced:
“Death…by snoo-snoo!”
The looks of alternating salacious grins and horror was classic. :mrgreen:
You have to give props to a show that took the old "Death by Ooga-Booga" joke and managed to stretch it into a full 30 minute episode. And make it good. :D

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Just shame we've got to wait till like November the 3rd for the 3rd movie 'Benders Game'... *Really has to get around to having the spare cash to get the DVD boxed set.*

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

It's interesting to note that Didi gets away with stunts like this, while people would think Zii inconsiderate or a bitch if she were the one who ditched everyone and her clothes at the park and then came home with a guy, completely ignoring the fact that her roomies are right there and will hear everything.

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

dianekikiula wrote:It's interesting to note that Didi gets away with stunts like this, while people would think Zii inconsiderate or a bitch if she were the one who ditched everyone and her clothes at the park and then came home with a guy, completely ignoring the fact that her roomies are right there and will hear everything.
o.o That's a verrrry good point. Zii (and M&D) would never get away with this without bitter recriminations from readers. Hmmm. Not that I'm suggesting we bash Didi, 'cause I like her, but I must agree that is an interesting observation and I wonder why this would be. Is it just because Didi is hot or is it because she's very good at cultivating such a sweet persona?
ImageImage

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

DiDi is going to get bonked...and both Gary and Zii will get the backlash of said bonkings... it's a shame that they didn't see it coming. It's not like she's been throwing herself at either...they're more like siblings than potential partners. :shrug:

*As for Animal House - it's a cult classic, like Rocky Horror Picture Show, Airplane (the series), Attack of the Killer Tomatoes etc... Theyre part of a different era...the younger members might not get the references at all.
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

MrBishop wrote:*As for Animal House - it's a cult classic, like Rocky Horror Picture Show, Airplane (the series), Attack of the Killer Tomatoes etc... Theyre part of a different era...the younger members might not get the references at all.
Plan 9 from Outer Space. Worst movie ever made. It was voted. I've seen it, so it makes up for me not having seen some of the other ones.

And Didi's physical attractiveness does allow her to get away with things, but she just seems so well intentioned, it's hard to stay mad at her. Besides, I'd much rather go through listening to an attractive roommate getting some than, say, my mother. :arrow:
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Dryope wrote:
dianekikiula wrote:It's interesting to note that Didi gets away with stunts like this, while people would think Zii inconsiderate or a bitch if she were the one who ditched everyone and her clothes at the park and then came home with a guy, completely ignoring the fact that her roomies are right there and will hear everything.
o.o That's a verrrry good point. Zii (and M&D) would never get away with this without bitter recriminations from readers. Hmmm. Not that I'm suggesting we bash Didi, 'cause I like her, but I must agree that is an interesting observation and I wonder why this would be. Is it just because Didi is hot or is it because she's very good at cultivating such a sweet persona?
I'd say its the sweet persona... that and this is the first bad thing she's done... well, after ditching the group. But the fact is she is the most lovable of the cast members for her personality. She didn't really run off it a bitchy way, it was a 'Ohh, its a guy I've not seen for a while, and he's got my favourite horse. I'll get to hang with Gary and Zii all the time at home, so no biggy' kinda thing. Rather then a 'you guys suck and are boring, I've got a better offer. Bye!'.

In her defense, she's probably not realise quite how thin the walls are yet so doesn't know how loud she can be or not. From my knowledge, alot of buildings/homes in Canada are brick built, like here in England, so the walls between rooms are brick and plaster, rather then plasterboard and studwork so the sound doesn't carry as much.

I think she does get away with it though as at least she does try to care about others and their feelings, rather then being selfish like Zii for instance, who was immediately back to 'I want to be center of attention again' after DiDi left.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Dryope wrote:
Who said she's getting away with anything? Firstly, she's been accused of being "manipulative" several times on the boards. Secondly, what's she done? She's ditched the group, fair enough. But having sex with somebody? How does this rate on the bitch quotient? Is she dating any of them? The whole "being loud" thing, sure, but realize you're accusing her of having sex with a dude.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

>_> I didn't say sexin' Erik up was a bad thing or that Didi was bein' a bitch. What I meant was "I completely agree with Diane that if you replaced Didi with Zii or Dillon in this strip then you'd have an uproar about what an insensitive jerk s/he is." I didn't mean this to be anti-Didi, I agree that she's very sweet and lovable. o_o Even if she's usin' her sex appeal to her advantage, because who doesn't do that to the extent they are able? This was more my love of Dill and Zii coming out than any dislike of Didi (is it possible to dislike Didi? Anyone? No? I didn't think so.)
ImageImage

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

"If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten, and that's to laugh and smile and dance and
sing."

I love that song. I knew the British were going to win the Falklands War when I heard that British sailors sang "Bright Side of Life" while their ship was sinking.

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

vince3 wrote:As if there was any doubt of the Amazonian Waitress strength of DiDi, consider this: She had to have carried Erik from wherever he parked the car, to the apartment, and then into her bedroom.

You gotta figure he weighs at least 150lbs........(68.18kilos)
Actually, I'd say considering his build, that he's at least 175. I mean this guy is already 175 (A little over 79kg) according to Gisele, and Erik looks to be better developed in the torso region than Marshal is.