17-06-10 No, I didn't!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: 17-06-10 No, I didn't!

Post by Radbaron »

Bob: I wouldn't say that I dislike her, per se , she's more of a protagonist to Zii, her Instant Karma :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I do believe you mean antagonist...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

@Bob:
I genuinely like Yuki. She might be my favorite character. Definitely in the top 3.

@Pancocheesecake: Zii and Gary are too attracted to each other, because if it has breasts, Gary is attracted to it. And if it has a pulse and isn't Eulice, Zii is probably attracted to it. Seriously, I think that you could say that they have both definitely "friend-zoned" each other pretty hardcore, but this comic has enough U.S.T. and ship-teasing between them between them that to say that they "aren't attracted to each other" would be a gross oversimplification. I could use anything from Gary's sex dreams to Zii's ear-nibbling as an example.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

sarcasticviera

Post by sarcasticviera »

While I don't like Yuki so to speak, there are things about her that rub me the wrong way. I like that she has a backstory - I love some character depth - but I really, really dislike her stalker-like attraction to Zii. There are times I want to smack her (And then run away because drumsticks - OW.)
I used to dislike her for the tentacle situation, but now that more light is being shed on it, I'm becoming...tolerant of it. :|
This message is in Norwegian when you're not looking.

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Don Alexander wrote:*shakes fist at MMD*
I wanted to post that! =((
Jung needs to get his hands on this video! :P
:ymsmug: :p
Hmm, yes; this video, in Junghan's hands...oh dear. :-s Nothing good can come from that. Well, not for Yuki, anyhow. For the rest of us, much hilarity would likely ensue.
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

I'm actually rather fond of Yuki. Sure she's crazy and impulsive, but she's gotten more character development then most of the other characters. And she has shown actual affection for Gary, which is a plus in her favor.

Plus, drumstick-chucks... :p
Start running.

Please?

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Yeah, I never really cared about the Yuki hate by some members of this board. Largely because most Yuki-haters are Gary/X shippers of someone other than Yuki, I think most of them are primarily Gary/Dillhead shippers. To which, my answer is "Hey Yuki, look! Yaio (sp?) slashers! With crotch tentacles!" Of course I'll have previously taped pictures of wang where is appropriate to illicit the desired insanity soccer kicking frenzy.

Other than that, I never hated Yuki either, didn't really pay attention to her, but never hated her. Though if I had to ship Gary with anyone, just because it'd mean something to both of them if, or when it happens, I'd likely ship Gary and Yuki. Second choice is Gary and Didi. all others are just... bad choices because of bad people. And before the slashers, ahem, slash back.... No, by "bad people" I'm not referring to Matt or Dillion's sexual preferences. I'm talking about their choices of behavior, and general lack of care or empathy for anyone else but themselves. Matt's just worse than Dillion about it, and Zii's a female Matt. So in all, Zii, Matt, and Dillion are people of ill repute that frankly, Gary should distance himself from immediately. The only one that's even remotely salvageable in that trio is Dillion, and really, its not likely to happen simply because Matt is still in the picture and Zii is hopelessly a yoai(sp?) shipper, to the extent that she is purposefully trying to turn Gary full-on gay for Dillion, and encouraging Dillion to pursue Gary even though its obvious that Gary isn't interested, just so she can see some more gay action for free. All the while, Zii and Matt are going around trying to find that next partner to have sex with for no other reason than to have sex with them. To which I have to say, if Zii isn't a sex addict yet, she's really on her way to getting there. And until she faces the fact that her behavior is actually hurting others, mostly emotionally but in some cases literally physically, she's not going to change either. Matt, he knows he's hurting everybody he cares about, and while he might feel pangs of remorse about it, he ultimately doesn't care that he hurt them, and I think he actually considers it only a setback as long as they are willing to put up with him to any degree, so he can do it again.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

For what it's worth, I've never hated Yuki either. While I find her somewhat improbable as a person, the same can be (and has been) said about pretty much every character in this comic. It's worth bearing in mind this entire universe isn't meant to be taken super-seriously. :p
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

KamikazeCocoaBean

Post by KamikazeCocoaBean »

ladyicondraco wrote:
Meowmix wrote:
KamikazeCocoaBean wrote:Other than that, my only hopes are that NOBODY ends up with Yuki or Matt... Unless those two end up together. >D
And now I'm a Matt/Yuki shipper. Thanks for that. :p
I think it's contagious, cause now I ship it.
You're both very welcome! :ymdevil:

I think they just might be perfect for each other. Yuki likes to kick balls, and Matt likes it rough. Win-win situation. :D