04-10-08 Méchants garçons

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Makkabee

Re: 04-10-08 Méchants garçons

Post by Makkabee »

Re: Matt v. Dillon: That's what happens when I post in the wee hours of the morning, I guess.

Re: Temporal editing: If Didi started to get herself together to investigate when the boys were wrestling rather than waiting for Didi's preorgasmic screams that would fix that problem.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

I'm betting karma hits Zii with about a 20 ton anvil once Gary gets his camera back. ;)
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

ooh, right, Camera. One Karma Bitch-slap, with a side order of guilt comeing right up.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

I'm telling you, this is all just a dream sequence, A la "Dallas".

Also, wouldn't it be "garcons mechants"? (I don't know how to do accents on here, :roll:. But I know Gis is Canadian, so perhaps it's slang. Or maybe my French teachers have been lying to me.)
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

Gammasite

Post by Gammasite »

Yep...that pretty much tore it for me. I'm officially sick of Zii and her antics. I want some karmic retribution for Zii, and some action for Gary that isn't wrapped up in either him forgetting it or not noticing it in the first place.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Well, I figure it should be garçons méchants, but perhaps where DiDi has begun to speak in English (even though French is her first language) the habitual practice of shoving the adjective in first has crept in.

And for the record, I couldn't remember either what méchants meant but Google's Language Tools told me it meant "wicked."

And Zii definitely should get her comeuppance.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Méchants garçons stands for bad boys. The adjective "méchants" goes in front of the word, like in English. It would only go after the word if used with a verb like "Les garçons sont méchants" (the boys are bad.)

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

As Giz has now stated, there are certain adjectives that will come before the noun (typically, the more commonly used ones: beau/laid, jeune/âgé, autre, etc.), but most adjectives come after the noun, as you thought they would.

I love this webcomic. Tons.

Solokian

Post by Solokian »

True.
And btw, "coonass" doesn't exist as far as I know. You may be thinking of "conasse", which the feminin form of "connard", which means "asshole" or something like that.

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Arantor wrote:Well, I figure it should be garçons méchants, but perhaps where DiDi has begun to speak in English (even though French is her first language) the habitual practice of shoving the adjective in first has crept in.

And for the record, I couldn't remember either what méchants meant but Google's Language Tools told me it meant "wicked."

And Zii definitely should get her comeuppance.
I agree! She should totally be punished! By DiDi...in a white catsuit and they should...

Hmmm...maybe that's a tale better told my shrink.

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Skittles

Post by Skittles »

Aww, there goes my dream of an all character oil party. :cry:

I feel really bad for Gary, Zii has gotten to see DiDi naked, gotten to have head buried in her boobs on more than one occasion, plus feel them up....so not fair. Any more karma build up and Gary should be getting a huge payoff. :D

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I gets harder with each issue to make a comment without covering what I've said a thousand times before, or covering something that someone else hasn't already pointed out. Saying that though... Awesome artwork and expression yet again Giz! You definately get better at drawing the characters each strip.

Onto the subject... Zii is defiantely a youngest child or only girl in a family of boys to so masterfully manipulate the situation with an outburst like that. To go from so suddenly opperating on 'ooo.. Oil man-love' to 'ooo.. boobies'... Zii must have a hair trigger on her sexual preference reset switch.

Seriously, if this keeps up with Zii being soo manipulative, Gary's karmic payback is going to be equal to the contents of Fort Knox.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Lame. Plain n simple but hey we have to continue the story from somewhere.... *sigh* :roll:
Last edited by oni on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Truth: I don't blame Zii for a second. Because I would do the exact same thing. And you would too.

Oh man, Didi is PISSED. That look could burn a hole through a battleship. :shock:
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Méchand - means 'mean' - calling someone Méchand means that you're calling him/her a meanie (mean person). Didi is calling our two gladiators, Méchands - Meanies.

Oh....It's too late for Zii to 'get hers' - at this point, Didi is in comfort-zone, and won't believe a word they might say.
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com